BlackBerry really needs to rid BlackBerry World of these garbage apps. They are always titled "App for xxxxxx". Not only are they completely fake but they are leaving people who buy them a bad taste in their mouth. I honestly don't know how they get approved if they wouldn't originally let Snap2Chat in.

BlackBerry needs to remove these garbage apps from BB World-img_20140501_005648.png
    Rello, joejuck, madman0141 and 7 others like this.
    05-01-14 07:46 AM
    Unfortunately, there's a lot of garbage apps there. Even some with good reviews can be bad because developers are allowed to delete reviews and only leave the good reviews. I had my review of Fitness Pro ($1.99) deleted because I left a critical review after having first emailed the developer and not ever hearing back. In your screenshot above, the developer who creates these "Apps for" crap is also downloading his apps and leaving five star reviews to fool customers. If you go to all his app, you'll see that the first two reviews are always from the same user name and they are praising the app. It's pure BS.

What's worse is when BlackBerry features an app that doesn't work well. Take for example the new Get Social banner in BlackBerry World. Some of the apps they feature like FaceFlow, which sells for $1.99, states in the description "you can expect constant updates and improvements to the app" yet it hasn't been updated since July 19, 2013. Most of the recent reviews says the app doesn't work so why the heck are they being featured?
    05-01-14 07:59 AM
    Yes I agree a lot of the apps are pure nonsense I wish blackberry would do something to address this.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:07 AM
    welcome to a game of numbers. BB will accept pretty much anything to be able to say they have 300K apps in BB world etc. Sad but true, there just isnt any incentive to weed out trash. I will gladly deal with a smaller number of apps to have the trash like this taken out but BB dont seem to care.
    05-01-14 08:17 AM
    Indeed, this user "mc353535" and dome other called "deus" something.
    Is there no way to report apps like this?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:29 AM
    Sounds like righteous cause for a petition or letter to Chen, or post on icanmakeitbetter website

sent from my BlackBerry 9350! :-]
    anon6113468 likes this.
    05-01-14 08:36 AM
    you're completely true about the **** bb w is the most stupid market in the world,, why we can't get an Application that's native and works properly for free, always, "Application for****" when we will have a true Applications, I'm not asking for super Applications or such, but even the FaceBook is very slow and poor I'm using the browser instead, although any of the light free Applications that we really need, are limitted..
    Never think that the Blackberry 10 Specifications are are'nt suffecient to run much more better Applications that just needs little attention from the company to that issue,
    But unfortunately no one is hearing owr voice and our Comments to improve something in the company..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Hussein Z10; 05-01-14 at 09:32 AM.
    05-01-14 09:03 AM
    Every app store has garbage. I've used both ios and android. My issue isn't that, it's BlackBerry allowing developers to delete reviews. Censoring us users who pay for these products doesn't sit well with me. It's dishonest and disrespectful and doesn't allow us to make the best decisions when trying to improve our experience with the platform. It?s a sign of how desperate BlackBerry is to attract developers, at the expense of the end user.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-01-14 09:09 AM
    On the flip side, I don't download too many apps, I have roughly 20 apps. Why gets me is that out of the roughly 20 apps that I have/need, only about 6 are from blackberry world!!! The others are android!!!......mlb costs 16 bucks on BB, but free everywhere else, cnet was taken off so I had to get that through android, chase bank also, and my 2 local newspapers are not in BlackBerry so I had to go to android and snatched them from there. Them we wonder why no one wants blackberry.....

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 09:10 AM
    Don't forget about the 50,000 apps that are all from the same vendor and which are complete trash. Crackberry should have done a better job of exposing these guys when they went out and met with them, but I would imagine that would sour their relationship with BB for exposing the 50k worth of junk that is in their already crap app store.
    05-01-14 09:28 AM
    Every app store has garbage. I've used both ios and android. My issue isn't that, it's BlackBerry allowing developers to delete reviews. Censoring us users who pay for these products doesn't sit well with me. It's dishonest and disrespectful and doesn't allow us to make the best decisions when trying to improve our experience with the platform. It?s a sign of how desperate BlackBerry is to attract developers, at the expense of the end user.

Posted via CB10
    I agree every ap store has garbage but what makes this worse is that when you load up BlackBerry World these apps are visible on the landing page under the top paid category. The visibility of these apps is the problem.
    05-01-14 09:49 AM
    Every app store has garbage.
    They should send an email to the authors. Who doesn't answer in a week or so will be removed. Sounds hard but will do the job very well, I think. - Other criterium: software older than a year (without any update) should be removed without being asked. If the number of apps decreases down to 5000 remaining, so what?
    05-01-14 09:59 AM
    They should send an email to the authors. Who doesn't answer in a week or so will be removed. Sounds hard but will do the job very well, I think. - Other criterium: software older than a year (without any update) should be removed without being asked. If the number of apps decreases down to 5000 remaining, so what?
    That'll just be more fire power to those that look for a reason to leave, or justify them leaving.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 10:05 AM
    did anyone read the reviews from those apps? The 5 stars are from the same users.

I think those developers are the same outfit.
    05-01-14 10:13 AM
    did anyone read the reviews from those apps? The 5 stars are from the same users.

I think those developers are the same outfit.
    Lol...thats awesome

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 10:20 AM
    Agreed x1000. It makes BlackBerry look like a joke. And it's a huge turnoff for any user who actually pays for any of those apps thinking it's the real thing. I'm surprised BlackBerry cares so little.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:50 AM
    Agreed x1000. It makes BlackBerry look like a joke. And it's a huge turnoff for any user who actually pays for any of those apps thinking it's the real thing. I'm surprised BlackBerry cares so little.

Posted via CB10
    I am very surprised BlackBerry allows this as well. I see no positive coming from these apps. I can't believe this isn't being brought up at all by someone with in the company.
    riss89 likes this.
    05-01-14 06:34 PM
    This is totally at odds with the image they are trying to portray as a serious company focused on secure and reliable enterprise-grade products.

The opportunity is STILL there to differentiate themselves from Google Play and even the App Store by being the high quality, curated option. A very small staff should be able to actively curate the store, and the featured lists, to reward developers who care about the platform.

It's insane to me that they let this go like this.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 05-01-14 at 07:11 PM.
    PantherBlitz and muellerto like this.
    05-01-14 06:58 PM
    I agree
    I wish they would clean up house
    I just got ripped off today on an app that, because of the wording in the description, lead me to believe it could do something that it cannot.
    I emailed the developer and no word back yet.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    05-01-14 07:08 PM
    Voice your opinions. Vote on those already created. Maybe Blackberry will hear our concerns and take heed

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....rld-regulation
    05-01-14 07:15 PM
    That'll just be more fire power to those that look for a reason to leave, or justify them leaving.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Come to my restaurant I have over 500 items on the menu!

480 of them come from the dumpster out back!

No offense, just stating that buyers don't go to BMW to purchase lemons.

If the word on the street is that are apps are the best, even though we don't have a bazillion, then we have minimized risk through quality not grade.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    05-01-14 07:18 PM
    Number one, I can't believe somebody created another thread on this. Number two, I'm not shocked a moderator actually posted in it without merging it to one of the dozen others. And finally, welcome to the world of apps. This is how it works, you let a ton of crap in to boost your count. Google and apple do it to. That's life.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:20 PM
    This is how it works, you let a ton of crap in to boost your count. Google and apple do it to. That's life.
    So because Google and Apple do this, that means BlackBerry has to do this also? You're essentially saying BlackBerry is incapable of doing better than those two companies.

05-01-14 07:22 PM
    It seems the Top Categories are now gone in BlackBerry World, I think they actually might be changing things right now or maintenance.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:26 PM
    So because Google and Apple do this, that means BlackBerry has to do this also? You're essentially saying BlackBerry is incapable of doing better than those two companies.

Actually that isn't what I said. I said they all do it. Capabilities were never discussed.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:28 PM
47 12