I'm getting tired of deleting one thing just so I can use another program upgrade your crap rim!!!..one last thing is there a way I can download stuff from app world and have it downloaded to my sd card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 06:03 PM
    Sadly, you cannot run apps from the SD card, and I do not believe you have the ability to archive them there either, at least not natively in the BBOS software.
    09-17-10 06:06 PM
    Ok now that sucks. It would make things alittle easier

09-17-10 06:10 PM
    they need to make a blackberry/any smart phone that has like 200Gigs LOL
    09-17-10 06:54 PM
    Ya right... I don't see how the app world even makes money when you cant even get more then 10 apps on the phone. I mean come how dumbs does it sound when you tell someone " ya I just downloaded 15 bucks worth of apps but had to deleted two just so facebook would fit"

09-17-10 07:00 PM
    That is a drawback of having an older device. The 9000 only has 128MB memory. The 9700 has 256MB, and the 9800 has 512MB.

It does not bother me, since I will be upgrading to the 9800 or something even more current next May when my contract expires.

Have you tried CrackMem or Shrink-a-OS to delete sample video, vendor themes, and other parts of the OS that are not necessary? I have, and I am able to use the apps that I want.
    09-17-10 07:13 PM
    Ya I've got ae hybrid and I have shrink my os.. But I was just saying in general the blackberrys still need a lot more room. I mean look at the iphone you can download all the apps at the app store compared to rims blackberry. The sad part is I maybe going back to the iphone just because I'm getting tired of all the crappy apps interfaces and useless os upgrades

09-17-10 07:18 PM
    It sounds like the iphone is a better fit for you. I've heard the iphone 4 is very nice, you should give it a shot.
    09-17-10 07:27 PM
    That's what I heard also but the signal dropping is a pain in the **** and that's only because where you place your thumb on the device. See I was also a iphone using in the beginning I had the 2g and a few months later rim dropped the blackberry bold (currently using) which I wanted badly lol. Then apple released the iphone 3g and I was pissed because I asked them bastards if there was a new iphone coming out and the only answer I got was I don't know which in fact they knew. Gotta keep they sales going for all the old cell phones.. jerks. That's my only problem liked and hated the iphone for two reason couldn't hear a 400 dollar phone ring and two it seemed like a child's phone but apple fixed the one problem in the upgraded versions. On the other hand I don't think ill find a good enough sounding phone like this bold I mean this thing sounds increditable. So I'm stumped for now

09-17-10 07:37 PM
    I'm not really understanding your issue. When I had a Bold 9000 I regularly had 40+
    apps on the device and still a substantial amount of working memory.

The problem is not your phone, the OS, where the apps are stored or anything else.
    The problem is (a) what you are "shrinking" from the OS and (b) what else you store
    on the phone (text messages, emails, MMS, memos, etc...)
    09-17-10 08:14 PM
    Nothing is stored on the phone for mms email etc. I shrank everything I could I think when everything was done it gave me 30mb of room left and that was with I think 5 apps like twitter facebook Ipod cast and so fourth

09-17-10 09:38 PM
    Why stop at more memory. RIM should allow you to hook up an external hardrive through a usb port so that not only can you download the WHOLE app world but they can also use you as a server for other people to download apps too!!!! Wuuuut!! Lol

Oh and it better have dinner on the table at 6. On the dot!

I swear if I have to wait for dinner I'm going to switch to an iphone

09-17-10 10:12 PM
    I don't care how much memory my blackberry has because I can delete apps I don't need, then put new ones on after.

09-18-10 04:26 AM
    How you have limited apps on your phone and you saying you shrank other stuff to free up 30mb and you still don't have enough memory is mindboggling to me....I have over 20apps on my 9700 and haven't shrank anything and still have 90mb left...

IMO people will never be happy...even with more room...always will want more...I mean I don't even use but 5 apps on a regular basis...so really ask yourself what is important in those apps you have and if you really need them...

*Goes to delete some pointless ones I have now, lol!*

09-18-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD