Just got a notification on my Snap2chat app that SnapChat has an update that offers chat and video chat. It's a unique way of how they implement it.

I know BBM has a lot of work to do with making it stable for all and launching on Windows this summer and making the UI simpler but I'm very patient if they push out video chat to ALL it would really put BBM above most chatting IMs if not all, but that SnapChat update looks unique

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry has already stated that video calling will be cross-platform. Now we're just waiting for it to appear. Can't be too soon for me!
    05-01-14 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry has already stated that video calling will be cross-platform. Now we're just waiting for it to appear. Can't be too soon for me!
    I feel you that's what I'm patiently waiting lol, read that there is supposed to be a huge update for BBM soon Idk if it'll but in the beta zone first or just pushed out

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:24 PM
    if that happens, everyone around me will be convinced to reinstall BBM on their androids
    05-01-14 12:32 PM
    I also want to see screen share, that would leapfrog the competition!

Powered by BlackBerry!
    05-01-14 12:46 PM
    I feel you that's what I'm patiently waiting lol, read that there is supposed to be a huge update for BBM soon Idk if it'll but in the beta zone first or just pushed out

Posted via CB10
    I suspect we'll see it hit the BetaZone first.
    05-01-14 12:50 PM
    if that happens, everyone around me will be convinced to reinstall BBM on their androids
    Why would that be. What feature would BBM video have for Android that Skype/Snapchat/Hangouts do not?
    05-01-14 12:56 PM
    Why would that be. What feature would BBM video have for Android that Skype/Snapchat/Hangouts do not?
    i don't know. those who have BBM on androids, is because its BBM. Atleast, with video calling, you'll have it as an advantage over whatsapp. And all at a same place,i.e. file sharing, chats, groups, video calling, channels(news)-is kind of convenient. In my opinion
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    05-01-14 01:26 PM
    Yes I agree that BlackBerry needs to bring video chat and screen share cross platform. It's kind of amazing that they haven't yet.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-01-14 03:14 PM
    Agreed. The iPhone users are all happy with "facetiming" I have a Z30, so no facetime for me but if we all have fantastic BBM video, we can hopefully leave facetime in the dust...
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    05-01-14 03:18 PM
    Agreed. The iPhone users are all happy with "facetiming" I have a Z30, so no facetime for me but if we all have fantastic BBM video, we can hopefully leave facetime in the dust...
    Well it's not like there's anything wrong with Facetime, but I think it's important for BlackBerry to have a real competitor.

05-01-14 03:28 PM
    And another thing well a couple of things I would love to see added video support in Channels and groups. But I would settle for the D and R in groups and to start the chat where you last left off so you can catch up on the discussion

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:01 PM
    It's a joke that we haven't received this yet nor heard about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:02 PM
    Yes I agree that BlackBerry needs to bring video chat and screen share cross platform. It's kind of amazing that they haven't yet.

BlackBerry style. Bringing features with two year delay.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222, rai187 and neoberry99 like this.
    05-01-14 04:03 PM
    They are working on it. I would bet that it comes out sometime this year.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:56 PM
    I've been waiting for this for a while actually!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:14 PM
    I also want to see screen share, that would leapfrog the competition!