I don't use Instagram but all my friends use it (well I do use it when I'm on my tablet and my old android) . And when I tell them to switch they said they need Instagram. I've gotten two people to switch so far, one to a Q10 and another to a Z10 just today actually. He loves it. He's a HS student who doesn't even know what BBM is and doesn't use instagram.

So 130 million instagram users and most of them are in the US (I think) and they are on iPhones and Androids.

In order to win them over BlackBerry needs this ASAP. I don't think the older crowd uses instagram but most of my 21-28 years old friends have instagram. Everyone I showed the Z10 initially says it's too complicated or weird without the home button. But after a minute of demonstration they all think it's pretty cool but the next question is what about the apps? That's where I get stuck. All I can say is they're working on adding more everyday and it has everything I need but Instagram would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-18-13 01:55 AM
    Sideload my friend, sideload...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:22 AM
    Sideload my friend, sideload...

Posted via CB10
    I explained that too but no one wants to do all that. People just want to download it and have it working.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:30 AM
    I explained that too but no one wants to do all that. People just want to download it and have it working.

Posted via CB10
    When most people I knew had BlackBerrys and had difficulty with them I'd just help them out. Basically, what's stopping you from sideloading for them?

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-18-13 07:13 AM
    Who cares about instagram.

Golf=passion
    07-18-13 07:15 AM

Golf=passion
    Instagram users
    gniko21, ATMJOE and kayyourcool like this.
    07-18-13 07:20 AM
    I sideloaded Instagram on my Q10 but the buttons are only party visible below and there shows no button to go to FB. So it still needs some work for the Q10
    07-18-13 07:23 AM
    Because the side loaded version barely works..... you can't even comment on posts.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-18-13 08:16 AM
    Side loading for the typical user is silly; even if you're helping them do it.

It means you have to 'help' them every time an update is released.

And what will you say when they say something isn't working? "Oh yeh it's just a side load that's why, don't worry about it"

That's not what people want to hear. They want to open up BlackBerry World, search for their favorite app and download it

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:18 AM
    sideloading can't be the solution forever. it is an alternative which works for certain amount of time. i agree that instagram should make a native ap for BB10. there are lots of instagram users out there and i personally really like to share pictures and videos with instagram.

Follow me on Twitter @yibeilein
    07-18-13 08:35 AM
    Because the side loaded version barely works..... you can't even comment on posts.

Posted via CB10
    Which is a major part of using Instagram. It's not just about posting applying filters to pictures and posting them.

And even if it worked perfectly, no Instagram fan is going to buy the Z10 or Q10 because there is or might be someone who can help them sideload the app. The vast majority of people have no idea what sideloading even is.
    07-18-13 08:39 AM
    When are you going to make the app for Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, iPad, etc?

We are currently working on making the iPhone and Android experiences as solid as possible. Only then will we consider other platforms, but currently we have nothing to announce.
    You can't even login, unless you have an iPhone or Android app or send an email stating why you want a developer account for the API.

From the API forum
    flexarh - Will Instagram be ever available for blackberry?
    christhepiss - i certainly hope not
    Mike Krieger
    Hey all,

Let's keep this list to API-related issues, not product suggestions or requests.

Thanks,
    --
    Mike Krieger
    Co-founder, Instagram
    I would say that not having the API open for other platforms beyond Android and iPhone is an issue.
    07-18-13 08:44 AM

Posted via CB10

100% false, you can comment on pictures.
    07-18-13 08:50 AM
    I threw Instagram of my android phone because a) the permissions and b) I never use Instacrap anyway

CB10 - Q10
    07-18-13 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol I don't know what version of instagram you have, but commenting on post works fine. Just have to work around spacing the words

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:09 AM
    If they are basing their phone purchase on apps, then BlackBerry might not be the best ecosystem for them.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-18-13 09:52 AM
    My IG is perfect on my z10

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:55 AM
    and of course everyone that constantly demands instagram on BB 10 IS continually bugging the developer about the need correct? That is who you should be complaining to. We cannot solve that problem here.
    LoganSix likes this.
    07-18-13 10:01 AM
    I agree Instagram needs to support BlackBerry 10, but 1) theres the sideloaded option. 2) Instago is a very promising instagram app. The Dev recently announced the next update (which is currently being reviewed by BB as we speak) will support videos, comments, and other features. Only thing you can't do is upload, which he is working on, Instagram won't allow the necessary APIs for it...

Also, like the user before me posted, you're barking up to the wrong tree. WE know BlackBerry needs IG, telling US won't help. You need to contact IG directly.
    07-18-13 10:20 AM

Golf=passion
    I dunno, something like 200 million people.
    07-18-13 11:10 AM
    I agree Instagram needs to support BlackBerry 10, but 1) theres the sideloaded option. 2) Instago is a very promising instagram app. The Dev recently announced the next update (which is currently being reviewed by BB as we speak) will support videos, comments, and other features. Only thing you can't do is upload, which he is working on, Instagram won't allow the necessary APIs for it...

Also, like the user before me posted, you're barking up to the wrong tree. WE know BlackBerry needs IG, telling US won't help. You need to contact IG directly.
    I didn't mean to be a complain, more of sharing my recent experience. I'm at IG website now and can't find where I can send them a request or their help forum to share my request. If anyone knows how to petition them I'm all for it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 03:38 PM
    I didn't mean to be a complain, more of sharing my recent experience. I'm at IG website now and can't find where I can send them a request or their help forum to share my request. If anyone knows how to petition them I'm all for it.

Posted via CB10
    It's all good! Honestly the only way I know to get in touch with them is through twitter.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:12 PM
    If they are basing their phone purchase on apps, then BlackBerry might not be the best ecosystem for them.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    That is the whole point of this discussion.

BlackBerry's lack of some key apps that are EXTREMELY popular is hurting it's adoption rate among consumers.

And while Instagram may or may not work by sideloading... it's not really an good selling point or something that everyone can do.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:54 PM
    Lol I don't know what version of instagram you have, but commenting on post works fine. Just have to work around spacing the words

Posted via CB10
    A swing and a miss at the big irony curve there Alex.
    07-19-13 07:02 PM
    this is a brand new topic of discussion. the OP is really blowing our minds with his forward thinking.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:12 PM
26 12