12-06-13 09:07 AM
33 12
tools
    I remember when everybody on CB pointed out every time Paris Hilton was spotted in public clutching her BB. Today fans would be ashamed.

Despite what many would like to think... sales are based on a lot more than cool factor.

Cool is fleeting and temporary, as well as minor. Give the consumer what they want. That's where the success is.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    12-05-13 07:57 PM
    I think bbm channels needs a few famous people for it to take off! That's what happened in twitters case

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    12-05-13 07:59 PM
    I think bbm channels needs a few famous people for it to take off! That's what happened in twitters case

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    I don't know if that'll help it take off. BlackBerry channels is, in my opinion, pretty pointless. Oh and go on right now and Sean Paul and Gyptian are on the front page of channels. So there are already celebs on it. But it has little use.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:01 PM
    "It's hip to be square" -Huey Lewis

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:10 PM
    You have a point there.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:13 PM
    I remember when everybody on CB pointed out every time Paris Hilton was spotted in public clutching her BB. Today fans would be ashamed.

Despite what many would like to think... sales are based on a lot more than cool factor.

Cool is fleeting and temporary, as well as minor. Give the consumer what they want. That's where the success is.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    With all due respect to Paris, Bieber has far more cache. I'm disgusted to even say that, but Paris is like the Kardashians. Famous for being famous. Bieber is a singer and entertainer at the beginning of his career. Unless his vocal chords go, he's got appeal.

Honestly, consumers in this market want what they think is the best, reliable, and the coolest. I see girls going into a store and wanting an iPhone for no other reason that they think apple is cool.

Having a pitch man like Bieber would force the hand of app devs like Netflix and instagram. I've always maintainer that if Bieber was #teamblackberry, instagram would have been native the next day.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:36 PM
    God I love being right sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct. You are only right sometimes. There is only one artist on your list. Not three.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 03:45 AM
    You are correct. You are only right sometimes. There is only one artist on your list. Not three.

Posted via CB10
    Fair. But it was the idea of Canadian entertainers with global reach more than anything. Though I did make mention of Bieber specifically in another thread, but I digress.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:07 AM
33 12