There is no doubt that blackberry has the best phones for messaging. I recently got an android phone to see the difference (i still have my bb). I came to the conclusion that the consumer loves phones that are fun messaging is not that important if its not needed for work. Blackberry lacks on creating flashy gimicky phones that catch the eye. Android is great at this therefore creating the cool factor. I have always said you have to go after the younger generation to create consumer demand. Kids love to flash there new tech phones to there friends. They also tell their parents what to buy and whats cool. BlackBerry does need to stick with the business customer because its lack of ablity to bring this cool factor to market.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:16 AM
    What makes one slab of glass "flashier" than the other? Are you referring to features that are only found on one device and not another? I think that's just their marketing angle, and a lot of those features can be said to be simple gimmicks or create bloat. BlackBerry still knows how to create buzz with BBM. Maybe when channels comes out of beta and allowed on cross platform BBM, people will start catching onto that.
    09-24-13 09:21 AM
    Yeah, gimmicks. Lots of gimmicks. Just look at iOS7 and 4.2 Android. Half tht stuff is not necessary nor helps productivity, but people dig that!

Give BB10 a makeup job to further push it apart from legacy devices (and probably **** hardcore loyalists that refuse to upgrade even more), add a few more things to the lock screen (very much like the media controls of iOS7) and see what happens.
    hey! Long time no see!

@pantlesspenguin hey! Long time no see!
    09-24-13 09:23 AM
    Yeah, gimmicks. Lots of gimmicks. Just look at iOS7 and 4.2 Android. Half tht stuff is not necessary nor helps productivity, but people dig that!

Give BB10 a makeup job to further push it apart from legacy devices (and probably **** hardcore loyalists that refuse to upgrade even more), add a few more things to the lock screen (very much like the media controls of iOS7) and see what happens.
    hey! Long time no see!

@pantlesspenguin hey! Long time no see!
    Hey homie .
    09-24-13 10:46 AM
    Forget gimmicks and all that crap. If you build a product that the consumer wants, they will buy it. Basic business concepts 101.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    09-24-13 05:18 PM
    This thread is stupid. >:/

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:29 PM
    This thread is stupid. >:/

Posted via CB10
    There aren't many threads that aren't stupid these last few days.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:32 PM
    I say make a carbon fiber with a touch of crime accents phone.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    09-24-13 05:40 PM
    There aren't many threads that aren't stupid these last few days.

Posted via CB10
    All because of a company that did stupid things over and over for much of the last 3 years.
    09-24-13 05:42 PM
    All because of a company that did stupid things over and over for much of the last 3 years.
    Agreed. But how many of these stupid threads so CB viewers have to sift through. With the same people going on about how stupid BlackBerry has been. It gets tiring. Like this has been.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:53 PM
    Honestly, all it takes is producing a line of coloured Z10s similar to apple, but endorsed by Canadian celebs.

A purple Bieber edition
    A "champagne" Drake edition
    A silver Bubl edition

3 different demographics, three young talented Canadian artist with global recognition.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-24-13 09:02 PM
    They should have done that instead of Alicia keys.

BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-25-13 06:53 AM
    They should have done that instead of Alicia keys.

And I think it'd be easier to get instagram et al. with Bieber as the poster child.

Like I would have spent 5-10 million alone for a 3 year contract with JB. And even with his bad pr right meow, all the tabloids would see he uses BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:05 PM
    Why is this even being discussed when BlackBerry's consumer focus will be phased out next year? Enterprise doesn't need the cool factor and pizazz...they just need stuff that works.
    09-25-13 10:32 PM
    Right now it is cool because, nobody else is using it. Haha, the under dog

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:36 PM
    Forget gimmicks and all that crap. If you build a product that the consumer wants, they will buy it. Basic business concepts 101.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    It's not about building phones (or anything else) that consumers want. Apple has shown it's market the hell out of your product and make the consumer believe that they have to have it, whether that be with price or artificially creating supply shortage. BlackBerry should change their slogan to "market like hell".

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:50 PM
    BlackBerry needs to start using cats in their advertising.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:46 AM
    Different colors of phones is nice, but don't you think most will put a case on it which would cover most of the color. Choose a case color of your choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:53 AM
    BlackBerry needs to start using cats in their advertising.

Posted via CB10
    :-D

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:54 AM
    Honestly, all it takes is producing a line of coloured Z10s similar to apple, but endorsed by Canadian celebs.

A purple Bieber edition
    A "champagne" Drake edition
    A silver Bubl edition

3 different demographics, three young talented Canadian artist with global recognition.

Posted via CB10
    God I love being right sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 05:33 PM
    If being "cool" means owning a multi-colored, "plasticky", gimmicky smartphone that I have to whip out and make sure everybody sees to make sure they know how "cool" I am, then I don't want to be "cool".

Actually, I think it's cool when people actually take the time to do a little research and find a smartphone that works for them, regardless of brand or how "cool" it makes them look.
    12-05-13 05:40 PM
    If being "cool" means owning a multi-colored, "plasticky", gimmicky smartphone that I have to whip out and make sure everybody sees to make sure they know how "cool" I am, then I don't want to be "cool".

Actually, I think it's cool when people actually take the time to do a little research and find a smartphone that works for them, regardless of brand or how "cool" it makes them look.
    When the game is making money, you want the masses. Cool is the masses. Period.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:03 PM
    When the game is making money, you want the masses. Cool is the masses. Period.

Posted via CB10
    Profitability and popularity are not the same thing.
    12-05-13 06:15 PM
    Profitability and popularity are not the same thing.
    I never said they were. Popularity in the context of technology and smartphones specifically can equate to more sales. Sales doesn't means profits, but it's revenue being generated.

You're dislike of Bieber is valid. I don't like him either. But I wouldn't stop using a product he endorsed if it met my needs. The demographics he hits and the mainstream credibility is something you cannot ignore, and in the marketplace where it's difficult to stay atop, gimmicks like Bieber can sustain your position. See Jay-Z and LeBron James with Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:48 PM
    I say allow TAT to redesign BlackBerry10. Then it'll be flashy and easy to use. This would be BlackBerry's best bet in my opinion. TAT needs to be used across the entire OS. Not just a presentation app and the clock.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:57 PM
33 12