I believe you're a bit harsh with Chen.
    He got a pretty much dead company on arrival.
    I'm not fan of the Android move but that's sentimental (to use few words).
    As he said, the 'easiest' way would probably mean : drop the HW business.
    He gives the last chance for us, Joe, to enjoy this great HW and hopes he can catch up BB10 on the security front, or keep it alive.
    Great try. As a shareholder, I know there's more value here than my average even in the case of a takeover.
    The guy has to play cold blood, as much as I dislike the Google anything, this makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 04:11 PM
    They aren't switching to android. Wasn't the press release with bb10 info enough?
    On FRI. Anyone who doesn't see that as a maintenance e lease is a clown, that belongs in Chen's three ring Circus. But continue to delude yourself!

Posted via Z30
    09-26-15 06:17 PM
    They are solving the app problem and they are including Windows Phone very much in the larger Microsoft ecosystem of services. They are going to steal a few percentage points of market from Google next year.
    Windows 10 Mobile is very close to becoming identical to Windows 10; but, first, we still need x86 processors in mobile. When Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 are literally identical, then Microsoft will get their marketshare points. Until then, I don't see it.

Microsoft's progress with integration of desktop Windows is so slow, btw. There's been talk about Windows Phone's closeness to Windows since Windows Phone 7. We barely arrived to having near identical GUIs after 5 years.
    09-26-15 06:38 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile is very close to becoming identical to Windows 10; but, first, we still need x86 processors in mobile
    There are android phones with x86 processors already out
    09-28-15 01:58 PM
    You do realise that most "new" app/lications are designed to be supported on android 2.3 and later right? Google "play" services are optional for developers to choose whether or not to use the draconian dependencies. Sure, later versions of android offer more API/Compatibilities, but (very) cheap smartphones are still running jellybean or earlier.
    Yes they are optional, but if you want to use location or push notifications, the google play services offer better APIs and better battery saving performance. Also 90% of phones have the latest Google play services installed, and developers know that any new APIs used will most likely be supported by the phone where an app is installed.

Also, no sane app dev is goanna gimp their app for 0.2% of users who use BB10 over 99% of western android who use Google play services.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-28-15 03:03 PM
    Yes they are optional, but if you want to use location or push notifications, the google play services offer better APIs and better battery saving performance. Also 90% of phones have the latest Google play services installed, and developers know that any new APIs used will most likely be supported by the phone where an app is installed.

Also, no sane app dev is goanna gimp their app for 0.2% of users who use BB10 over 99% of western android who use Google play services.
    Not sure how Google Play works, but with BlackBerry World when I upload an application built for a new OS release, all the previous versions are still there so people who don't have the latest version can still get them. I'm sure Google has enough storage space to do that as well. Maybe they don't.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    09-28-15 03:29 PM

Half of the android apps I used before (Google maps amongst other things, which is now superseded by the Web browser version, essentially the same thing really), had no problem using GPS and they didn't even use Google play services either. So maybe it depends on how well the application is made and what API's it can use that android provides without such draconian dependences.
    09-28-15 03:30 PM
    They should drop the most unpopular OS on the market.

BB10 failed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-15 05:24 PM
    They should drop the most unpopular OS on the market.

BB10 failed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It didn't fail, BB10 is a front-end UI to QNX, and they haven't failed the health care or automotive sector. It might be "unpopular" to allot, but not to me or enterprises, the technical savvy, etc.
    09-28-15 05:38 PM
    Hope they bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:39 AM
    Hope they bb10

Posted via CB10
    drop|keep ?
    09-29-15 06:40 AM
    It didn't fail, BB10 is a front-end UI to QNX, and they haven't failed the health care or automotive sector. It might be "unpopular" to allot, but not to me or enterprises, the technical savvy, etc.
    BB10 is a WHOLE LOT MORE than that.

QNX alone is enough to run the relatively simple (with essentially no UI) functions of a car, but in order for QNX to run the entertainment system, a whole additional OS (essentially) had to be created called QNX for Cars, and that's what car companies use as the foundation for their in-car entertainment systems, which they customize extensively.

QNX is the foundation of BB10, yes, but much like a house, the foundation is only 5% or so of the entire structure - it's a vitally important part, to be sure, but it's still a small fraction of what's going on.
    09-29-15 12:11 PM
    QNX is the foundation of BB10, yes, but much like a house, the foundation is only 5% or so of the entire structure - it's a vitally important part, to be sure, but it's still a small fraction of what's going on.
    Just to be clear, BB10 failed.
    09-29-15 12:14 PM
    Just to be clear, BB10 failed.
    Of that, there can be no possible doubt. The sales figures don't lie.
    09-29-15 12:16 PM
289 ... 101112