i�ve got a Z30, my wife is keeping my Z10 and the Bold 9700 is finally retired, all scratched, mended and worn out!!!!
    so off i go to my operator to get a micro sim for the Z10,
    and in talking with the guy serving us (and i could see he really seems to like the BB10 OS �cos of a few things he mentioned) he says that BB are bringing out phones with ANDROID now and dumping their ownBB10!!!
    Obviously, as far as i know and have read, i corrected him and said NO NO, not true!!!!

WTF!!!! This is what he is telling most people that mention BB to him and again, a great misconception (intentional) is created, using it (again) to serve their needs and that is to avoid selling BBs and get Android, WP or iOS out the door!!!!
    So if you multiply the same type of speech by millions of salespeople around the world then it could get really ugly for BB phones and the OS10 in the months ahead!!!!

SO I ASK ANYONE WHO HAS TO INFLUENCE AT BB, TO ASK THEM TO:
    - FIRST OF ALL CONFIRM THAT THE BB10 IS NOT BEING DUMPED AND SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT TO ALL THROUGH THE MEDIA THAT IT IS IN FACT NOT DUMPING BB10 ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!

IS IT THAT HARD FOR THEM (BB) TO LOOK AFTER THEIR BUSINESS??????
    09-09-15 08:49 AM
    Good luck with that.
    09-09-15 08:56 AM
    i�ve got a Z30, my wife is keeping my Z10 and the Bold 9700 is finally retired, all scratched, mended and worn out!!!!
    and in talking with the guy serving us (and i could see he really seems to like the BB10 OS �cos of a few things he mentioned) he says that BB are bringing out phones with ANDROID now and dumping their ownBB10!!!
    Obviously, as far as i know and have read, i corrected him and said NO NO, not true!!!!

WTF!!!! This is what he is telling most people that mention BB to him and again, a great misconception (intentional) is created, using it (again) to serve their needs and that is to avoid selling BBs and get Android, WP or iOS out the door!!!!
    So if you multiply the same type of speech by millions of salespeople around the world then it could get really ugly for BB phones and the OS10 in the months ahead!!!!

- FIRST OF ALL CONFIRM THAT THE BB10 IS NOT BEING DUMPED AND SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT TO ALL THROUGH THE MEDIA THAT IT IS IN FACT NOT DUMPING BB10 ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!

Please search the boards for more information. The short answer we really do not know. Many reports show two OS's coming out on the slider but there is not any confirmation yet. If BlackBerry topped their hands it may have an impact on forthcoming relationships and products. In addition it may be premature as well.

Other reports claim it will be dual booting both Android and Bb10. I think Android is coming but it may be an enterprise play that satisfies gaps in the offerings. As of now BlackBerry is saying BB10 is here to stay.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-09-15 08:59 AM
    The main problem behind this is the silence of RIM. I don't understand this, this company does not communicate at all. They let rumours be the public opinion. The customer, the developers, the press, the tech guys, the enterprise decision makers, the bankers, the sellers, the carriers ... nobody knows anything but rumours.
    gfondeur, Batibreaker and heepman like this.
    09-09-15 09:32 AM
    Wait and find out. Take a breath, you'll live either way.
    09-09-15 09:36 AM
    Sounds like the guy serving you reads a few blogs and tech forums.

It's actually a positive development from the previous 'BlackBerry is still in business?' line of thinking.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 09:40 AM
    You said this as if things aren't already really ugly for BlackBerry 10 phones. Have you been paying attention?
    TgeekB and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-09-15 09:47 AM
    OP what if everything he said is correct... what would confirming it gain BlackBerry?

Zero sales of BB10 and maybe an impact in BES sales? And then just suppose the software isn't ready for a Nov launch? All of which will result in millions in lost revenues.

If BB10 is going to be fully support by BlackBerry and will continue along side of Android... then yeah I see no real downside in Chen CLEARLY letting customers know this. And honestly I think it would be beneficial for enterprise customers to have an idea of what is coming and not be blindsided.

If there ER has a big drop in device sales, and Chen still doesn't clearly state what is going on... it's cause it will be bad for users of BB10!
    09-09-15 09:55 AM
    The main problem behind this is the silence of RIM.
    It's been silent because it hasn't existed for 2 years.
    09-09-15 09:56 AM
    The main problem behind this is the silence of RIM. I don't understand this, this company does not communicate at all. They let rumours be the public opinion. The customer, the developers, the press, the tech guys, the enterprise decision makers, the bankers, the sellers, the carriers ... nobody knows anything but rumours.
    What is this "RIM" you speak of? Didn't they change their name a few years back?

To the OP, BlackBerry will tell us what they want to tell us when they are ready. It's how all companies work.

Apple rumors abound for months before they announce when the announcement will happen. Then they make the announcement of what they are doing or releasing.

If you happen to ever visit the Home Theater Forum, there are many fans of old movies clamoring for info on when the next big restoration of some classic will be announced. And the studio remains quiet for a long time, even years before they finally say something.

It's a frustration you have to live with.

I just think of it as "always something to look forward to" in my life.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:08 AM
    OP, it all depends on how you define 'dump'.

If BB10 is no longer being developed (which appears to be the case) and enters support mode (which we have been in for some time now already), does that qualify as 'dumping' BB10? I would argue, yes.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-09-15 10:22 AM

09-09-15 10:38 AM
    When I go to the stores and ask for BlackBerry devices, the first thing they ask me is why am I buying a BlackBerry? And I tell them, BlackBerry can do what others can't.

But whatever it is, salespersons are doing a negative marketing for BlackBerry for sure, be it any part of the world.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-09-15 10:40 AM
    Number one... never ... ever... believe anything a sales/carrier rep tells you... they are rarely informed as to what is actually happening.... even if BB were to discontinue BB10 next month... you could still buy a phone and expect it to be supported over the next 2 years... as that is the expected life span of most devices.... as for why BB are silent... two reasons... they are a publicly traded company... so just like apple cannot legally comment on rumours... could be construde as market manipulation..... people have to simply wait for the product cycle to begin...secondly... rumors are free PR ... so why not milk it for all it is worth... if anyone is unsure of a choice... do not make one.,.. If BB makes a current product you can expect to last next 2 to three years... why wait... we need to make out choices for now...as there is always something shiny and new coming out everyday.... so if that is your criteria ... you will never decide....
    09-09-15 10:42 AM
    Thanks to your massive use of upper-case letters and exclamation marks this post was sent directly to John Chens private phone.
    09-09-15 12:33 PM
    The matter is that this time salesmen are right and BlackBerry is going into Android OS...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:42 PM
    But whatever it is, salespersons are doing a negative marketing for BlackBerry for sure, be it any part of the world.
    It is not the way you are writing. Salespersons don't have any obligation to BlackBerry unless BlackBerry does their part correctly.

Chen is really trying hard to *get rid of device business* but the fanbase is not letting him to.
    09-09-15 01:15 PM
    I do agree that BlackBerry is lacking communication with operators, but please can you avoid putting thousands of????????????????? They are painful to watch..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry is being kicked by its own silence..
    09-09-15 02:15 PM

A compelling argument for the internet equivalent of the drivers license.
    09-09-15 02:19 PM
    It is not the way you are writing. Salespersons don't have any obligation to BlackBerry unless BlackBerry does their part correctly.

Chen is really trying hard to *get rid of device business* but the fanbase is not letting him to.
    I don't think the fan base has much say. If they want to get rid of them they will. My corporate has a say.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-09-15 02:40 PM
    BlackBerry is being kicked by its own silence..
    This started about 3 years ago and continues to this day .They seemed to put their hands up as soon as they started to decline and just let it happen .
    09-09-15 03:07 PM
    This started about 3 years ago and continues to this day .They seemed to put their hands up as soon as they started to decline and just let it happen .
    It is getting ridiculous....
    Actually i was pretty enthousiast about the new stuff comming, but all the silence and wrong info just killed a lot of this enthousiasm..

Also, why does it always take so long for BlackBerry to add new features etc? All the other companies can do it so fast...
    If you want to become a software company, you have to play short on the ball.
    But yeah then again, BES etc seem to be much more important than us, BlackBerry 10 users...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 03:40 PM
    When I go to the stores and ask for BlackBerry devices, the first thing they ask me is why am I buying a BlackBerry? And I tell them, BlackBerry can do what others can't.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Sure, you keep believing that.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-09-15 03:55 PM
    I don't think the fan base has much say. If they want to get rid of them they will. My corporate has a say.
    I doubt so. As BBRY seems adapting Android, I think Corporations have already said what ever they have to.

I am referring to the kind of fanbase of BlackBerry (Device+OS not the company) which is so vocal, like the poll at technobuffalo. If such a force is not there, Chen would have rid of device earlier.
    09-09-15 04:04 PM
289 123 ...