05-05-18 05:01 PM
    What capability are you referring to -- you've simply linked to the Sammy S9 page.
    southlander likes this.
    05-05-18 05:26 PM
    The Dex adapter which enables the smartphone to be connected to a keyboard. mouse, and monitor for a full desktop replacement when away from the office.
    05-05-18 10:10 PM
    The Dex adapter which enables the smartphone to be connected to a keyboard. mouse, and monitor for a full desktop replacement when away from the office.
    Problem is that this capability needs a powerful processor and right now BB is only equipping their devices with mid range CPUs
    05-06-18 09:25 AM
    ...BlackBerry HAD that capability back on BB10...I used to have my Z30 (still do sometimes) hooked up to my TV/monitor via HDMI and a USB On The Go adapter to hook up the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, HDD etc.)...or use Bluetooth...

Processing power isn't an issue (or at least the only)...the Z30 handled it quite well, it's OS was a big part of why it worked well.

I use my Passport like this as well, but I have to use a special dongle as the HDMI port is gone.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-06-18 10:05 AM
    ...BlackBerry HAD that capability back on BB10...I used to have my Z30 (still do sometimes) hooked up to my TV/monitor via HDMI and a USB On The Go adapter to hook up the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, HDD etc.)...or use Bluetooth...

Processing power isn't an issue (or at least the only)...the Z30 handled it quite well, it's OS was a big part of why it worked well.

I use my Passport like this as well, but I have to use a special dongle as the HDMI port is gone.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    HDMI out on BB10 isn't comparable at all to DeX, Continuum, etc. The latter give you what is essentially a full desktop experience being powered by a phone while BB10 simply mirrored your phone as is on a larger screen.

For what it's worth though, it seems BlackBerry had some interest in this concept a few years ago.

https://www.theverge.com/2013/3/22/4...aptops-tablets
    05-06-18 12:54 PM