Hi Guys,

I recently released a Blackberry Development course on Udemy. I would like to know what you guys think of the course and the curriculum.

Is it enough detailed? Do you guys get any value out of it for beginners at least?

Check it out. Look on Udemy for Blackberry 10 native development using cascades. Here is a coupon code: bb10dlocberryFeb2015 . You don't have to purchase to see the curriculum.

Thanks
    02-11-15 11:29 AM
    Will look at it when I get home! Hope to get developing soon!

Thanks for your work!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:33 AM
    In the word of JC caloy: Real Nice!
    Edit: here's the link if anyone wants https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=u4j0642l

Also, I thought it was free. lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 02-11-15 at 12:07 PM.
    02-11-15 11:36 AM
    Lolll. Yeah would be nice if I would make it free lolll. Lets see how it goes.
    02-11-15 12:10 PM
    I'm interested in this, would you say this course is for true beginners or should I have some basic knowledge of HTML/CSS that I've picked up from meet ups and such. I know on the page it says beginner is ok, but it seems like I'd need more knowledge based on the course outline.
    02-11-15 12:13 PM
    Hey Kauffw,

You do not need HTML/CSS knowledge as they are not used in Cascades (native development).

In the course, I show QML which is the main language used for the user interface and is based on Javascript, some Javascript and C++.

I introduce you to all of them with more details on QML and C++ as they are not as popular as Javascript.

It is really detailed so you should not need any basic knowledge as I also point out to some ressources that you can use to increase your knowledge.

Check it out.

Thanks,

Davenson Lombard
    02-11-15 12:27 PM
    Will have a look. Thanks!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    02-11-15 12:40 PM
    Thanks Heinz!

Let me know what you think
    02-11-15 12:43 PM
    I'm interested as well. Will definitely give it a try.
    Edit.
    Damn... you wouldn't be giving out a couple of coupons....
    Would you?

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-11-15 01:21 PM
    Thanks Oglon3r
    02-11-15 01:24 PM
    Thanks. Looks interesting. I plan to check it out.

Quick questions: never used udemy before, so how exactly does it work. I can purchase and do the whole course through the browser or is it through an app only?

And is it mostly teaching via videos?

Thanks for your efforts. Hope this does well. There's barely any literature on BlackBerry 10 development other than BlackBerry dev website.

Also thanks for the coupon!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:46 PM
    Hi qabb,

To use Udemy, all the course you purchase are accessible on the browser. There is also and app but I have to crop my videos for them to work on the app.

All the videos and ressources of the course are downloadable so you can download and carry them with you if you like. I made most of the teachings by videos. It is a Udemy requirements to have 60% of the content in videos. I also find it easier to learn in Video than only by reading.

Can't wait for your feedback. Should you feel that anything should be improved, let me know
    02-11-15 02:02 PM
    I agree also that there are barely any resources on Blackberry 10 Development. I would definitely like to offer more than a course something like a real developer community but not sure where to start from that. There is a forum on crackberry for developer but I feel that something more would be required.
    02-11-15 02:07 PM
    Thank you, I have been meaning to get off my rearend and start some development effort on BB10. I went ahead an purchased the course. I'm looking forward to digging into the material.
    dlombard likes this.
    02-11-15 02:24 PM
    Great. Thanks for your support.

Feel free to comment on the course. I am here to help and improve the content as needed!
    seemsixty7 likes this.
    02-11-15 02:30 PM
    Hi there! Been looking for smthg like that for a while!!

Now I've had a course in C, and C++ back in 94-95 (lool makes me feel like a dinosaur), prerequisites back in the day for electrical engineering, but that's about it.

Dya think I can start with your course? Or need more basic training??

Passport Powered
    dlombard likes this.
    02-11-15 03:27 PM
    Hi CrackberryQ,

You should be able to start the course. My objective was to make it clear enough for begineers to understand it by giving examples and also pointing to the right ressources for extra learning. Therefore, you should be good to start.

Feel free to comment on the course!

Thanks
    02-11-15 03:45 PM
    Anyone completed the course?
    02-11-15 06:04 PM
    Sorry I mised your question about coupons.

Here it is: bb10dlocberryFeb2015
    02-11-15 06:44 PM
    Anyone completed the course?
    Not yet. Course was launched yesterday night
    02-11-15 06:45 PM
    I'm interested as well. Will definitely give it a try.
    Edit.
    Damn... you wouldn't be giving out a couple of coupons....
    Would you?

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Sorry I mised your question about coupons.

Here it is: bb10dlocberryFeb2015
    02-11-15 06:45 PM
    Thanks signed up, I need a few job specific apps hopefully with this course I will be able to build them myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 08:44 PM
    Hi there! Been looking for smthg like that for a while!!

Now I've had a course in C, and C++ back in 94-95 (lool makes me feel like a dinosaur), prerequisites back in the day for electrical engineering, but that's about it.

Dya think I can start with your course? Or need more basic training??

Passport Powered
    94-95, got you beat. 91-92, using Borland C++, Clipper, dBase 3+, talk about dinosaur.

That being said, Davenson, I have read through the thread here yet and I did not notice on the itinerary how often the course is run, but is it going to be an ongoing training. Like start a new class each month or every other month? Very interested in learning and as much as I pride myself on being self taught on VB, C#, FoxPro, XBase and others, I just cannot seem to wrap my head around Cascades.
    02-11-15 08:54 PM
    just getting the debug token to work is a pain in the ***
    still not working for me
    02-11-15 09:56 PM
    94-95, got you beat. 91-92, using Borland C++, Clipper, dBase 3+, talk about dinosaur.

That being said, Davenson, I have read through the thread here yet and I did not notice on the itinerary how often the course is run, but is it going to be an ongoing training. Like start a new class each month or every other month? Very interested in learning and as much as I pride myself on being self taught on VB, C#, FoxPro, XBase and others, I just cannot seem to wrap my head around Cascades.
    Hey,

This is a single course that you purchase on Udemy. However, My goal is to update with new content every 2 weeks or less.

I also self taught all the languages I know beside C++ learn from school loll. Cascades is not so complicated once we understand how all the parts works together that is C++, QML and Javascript
    02-12-15 01:04 AM
37 12