I am new to this site and a new Blackberry user so please bear with me. I have the Blackberry Curve 8830. I am wanting to know if there is a special cable I can buy so that I can run my Blackberry music through my 2007 Acura Mdx which has a port for an I pod. The cable provided to me does not fit in the port from the car. Please excuse if this is a dumb question.

Thanks,
    07-25-08 11:56 AM
    is there a stereo plug in the car or just an ipod adapter? if it is just an ipod adapter you might consider buying an FM modulator and just listening to your music that way. As far as I know there is no adapter that will make the conversion form you stereo jack to ipod connection, because of the extra information that is transmitted on that line.
    07-25-08 12:03 PM
    8830 is not the curve... CDMA Curve is the 8330.
    07-25-08 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the info. I stand corrected I do have the Curve 8330. Wow, you guys really take this stuff seriously..
    07-25-08 12:12 PM
    It makes a difference in giving advice for the music options. The curve has a standard headphone jack. The 8830 has to have a special adapter to play music.
    07-25-08 12:30 PM
    If the 8830 has a 2.5mm jack that is wired the same as the Pearl (is it?) then this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/not-...r-works-27421/ will help.

If the jack is wired differently, then it will not so please ignore this post.

However I think that the 88xx and the 81xx have the same silly jack plug and Seidio http://www.seidio.com/audio_adaptor.html have a range of adapters that actually work BUT " Because of the Blackberry's internal software, you must plug your headphone into our adapter before plugging it into the Pearl. The Pearl detects which type of headset is being connected to it. If the software detects a stereo headset, then stereo is provided, but if it detects a single earbud it will send a mono signal. " Quote from SeidioSeidio in the 1st link I listed.
    07-25-08 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD