I had the original BT Stereo Gateway prototype from when my Wife worked at RIM, and while that was awesome, it was almost too early. Fast forward to 2012 and if you can't stream Spotify from your shoe to every sound system in the house/car/poolside you're lame. With this in mind my 2010 M3 was thus lame, as it only had internal HDD space for MP3s or a classic 30 pin Apple connector (no Y cable USB/No combox, just telematics unit on the CIC for you BMW geeks). Lots of tech EXCEPT streaming BT Audio. Weak. I'd upgraded the headunit in my 12 year old Z3, so even THAT had BT audio, for crying out loud...

My other conundrum was if I add a BT audio unit to my car AUX, I'll lose my BT for calls, that is nicely integrated into the car infotainment. First world problems...

Anyhow, BB MGW to the rescue! I'd always been fascinated by the Stereo gateway refresh, and decided to get one off ebay and give it a try, as Spotify was ruling my life. Anyhow, my point is, THE BB MGW IS AWESOME. My cars standard BT for calls still operates as it appears that BT profiles can connect to different devices, this I did not know, so my iPhone connects to BOTH my car and the BBMGW. This means a seamless transition from music to calls and vice versa, just what I wanted.

I know tl;dr, but I just wanted to share that the BBMGW is one of the most underrated accessories BB have ever made.
    Bla1ze, pystha, svelt and 2 others like this.
    07-17-14 02:40 AM
    Yes it is awesome. Have the first edition and thanks to that I can listen all my music on my stereo. So no need for a new stereo with usb and digital features.

posted via my Z30 ?
    07-17-14 03:20 AM
    We use the BB Music Gateway daily. Love that device.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    07-17-14 07:45 AM
    Yup been enjoying it. I usually hook up with my Playbook either my own music library or Slack Radio. My only critique is the range is quite limited.
    07-17-14 09:16 AM
    I use this with my PlayBook on the home stereo. Love it for controlling the tunes from the deck
    07-17-14 10:16 AM
    I cant find mine.
    07-17-14 10:21 AM
    I use this in my Audi A3. So much nicer then having to plug into the Aux port every time. Not only that the BB Gateway has a very small footprint so its easy to hide.
    07-17-14 11:00 AM
    Great piece. My only gripe is the need to be powered.
    07-17-14 11:11 AM
    I use this in my Audi A3. So much nicer then having to plug into the Aux port every time. Not only that the BB Gateway has a very small footprint so its easy to hide.
    I need to figure out how to do that in my Alfa Romeo 156 SW.....

posted via my Z30 ?
    07-17-14 01:23 PM
    Look into Blitzsafe - Advanced Technologies. Thats what I used to get the Aux port through the cd changer port.
    07-17-14 02:05 PM
    Yes awesome little pricey but very happy with the purchase
    07-17-14 02:14 PM
    Great device and can control volume from my z10 but wish I also could from the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 02:23 PM
    Great device and can control volume from my z10 but wish I also could from the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    It is possible from the PlayBook. I use it mainly from my PlayBook. Put on bluetooth and follow the instructions

posted via my Z30 ?
    07-17-14 05:08 PM
    Thought about buying one yesterday. Together with the Mini BT speakers.

Pasted via CB chen
    07-17-14 06:06 PM
    I like that I can just plug it into ANY speaker. That pays for itself instantly.

And yes I use it daily.
    07-17-14 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    My playbook is exclusively hook to Music Gateway.
    07-17-14 08:58 PM
    Love mine and I use it daily. I have plugged mine in and simply forgotten about it; listening to Skinny Puppy right now. I wish the range was greater but Bluetooth has it's limits. $50 well spent.
    07-17-14 09:26 PM
    It's great. I love it.

BB Proud
    07-17-14 10:16 PM
    Thanks for reminding me. I purchased a brand new one 6 months on sale for $20 and tried it when I got it to make sure it worked, unplugged it and forgot I had it. Maybe I will hook it up in my vehicle

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-17-14 10:46 PM
    I love the music gateway, and I'm REALLY glad it isn't like an integrated system where it hijacks my phone calls. I don't want everyone else hearing my phone calls, and yes, even with your windows up, you can hear it. I've walked by many cars with those systems and I can hear their conversations loud and clear with all windows rolled up... No thanks... I just want it to play music and the gateway does exactly that and it's great. :-)
    07-18-14 01:17 AM
    @ruben, the bt works fine from the PlayBook but I cannot adjust the volume from the PlayBook. When the bt is connected the volume rocker becomes disabled and you get an error message if you try to use it. Also i have the first version of the gateway not the second.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:02 PM
    Might have just convinced me to get one for the car so I can just hop in and go rather than fiddle with the Aux cable every time.
    07-20-14 07:32 PM
    I use it daily too and I also purchased the Mini Stereo Speakers which in a way also works like a BT music gateway since it has a aux output to plug into any audio system, but in my experience, sound through the gateway is much better.

The stereo speaker has the option to disable music streaming on settings, this way I try to use the gateway for music and the Stereo speaker as a hands free system in my car. Trick part is that you have to connect to the gateway first... then the mini BT speaker to work properly in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:11 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Wow thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:23 PM
    I love mine. I have it hooked up in my car using the BlackBerry Premium Charger to my Z10 battery charger bundle to the gateway. This way it charges the battery at the same time. The gateway is then plugged into my aux input.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 12:44 AM
29 12