Just stumbled across this in this article,

"As he talks about the future, Heins sits among the smartphones that built the BlackBerry name. The company is preparing to open the BlackBerry Experience Centre at its Waterloo, Ont.-based headquarters where it will celebrate the company�s roots while showcasing the new line of products. On the walls of the museum of sorts, which officially opens to the public in April, a timeline reminds visitors of the �history� of the BlackBerry and the devices that helped build the company to its once-dominant position. "

Anybody know more about this? Maybe CrackBerry nation can give us a look with pics?
    03-31-13 03:19 PM
    So the Waterloo campus is shutting down for renovation as a museum? Maybe this is the real reason Mike Lazaridis left the company before commercial operations ceased in preparation for transforming the campus into a hands-on museum. Little Billy and Bubbly Suzy can pretend to be BlackBerry OS 10 systems programmers as they learn to make the LED notification illuminate whenever a simulated email arrives from the robotic version of Thorsten Hein sitting behind his desk in RIM-1.
    richardat likes this.
    03-31-13 03:28 PM
    I can check it out for you guys. Will take pics
    SK122387 and ddlax22 like this.
    03-31-13 03:54 PM
    So the Waterloo campus is shutting down for renovation as a museum? Maybe this is the real reason Mike Lazaridis left the company before commercial operations ceased in preparation for transforming the campus into a hands-on museum. Little Billy and Bubbly Suzy can pretend to be BlackBerry OS 10 systems programmers as they learn to make the LED notification illuminate whenever a simulated email arrives from the robotic version of Thorsten Hein sitting behind his desk in RIM-1.
    LOL. BB sometimes you really make we weep. I guess you deserve what you get.

Repeat after me: all are "experiences" and "forums" didn't sell a single BB10 device. All they did was arouse the faithful who came out to see it in the first place. They would have been equally excited if you sent them an early preview vid or pics, or a twitter message from Heins. You could have excited them even more by getting apps or the PB update out. So instead of spending money on the travelling road show, staff to man it, or even worse now, a static roadshow, let's use that money on people directly working on the product. Or you need to hire a corporate slapper - that's the thoughtful, level-headed guy, who thinks about your plans, and then slaps you really hard, over and over, until you rethink them.

Yes, you can count on me, your friend, Richardat to tell you this if you email me, or another check you can use is: Are Samsung and Apple beating the entrails out of us because of their Samsung museum? Is the Stanford Apple museum the key to Apple's success.....does it even help? Do people even know about it? How many people would an Apple museum draw with respect to our museum - is it helping them? Heins doesn't want his pic taken near the "history" display....OK...so you're at least partially self-aware....you see the irony of this...is it worth doing in spite of that?

PS. A museum of 30 phones and a tablet is what a 3rd rate nerd makes in his basement, and even the other local nerds don't care. To draw anyone you'll have to make your own little amusement center, and again, this won't pay dividends no matter what number of waterloo school kids wander through for kicks.
    milo53 likes this.
    03-31-13 04:19 PM
    Wow.

Is it me or are there a couple of posters who seem to be really **** hurt about a little museum?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:03 PM
    Wow.

Is it me or are there a couple of posters who seem to be really **** hurt about a little museum?

Posted via CB10
    Speaking only for myself, I was poking some humour at the announcement. You should relax outdoors in the sunshine for a couple of hours to regain perspective.
    03-31-13 05:36 PM
    I can check it out for you guys. Will take pics
    Yes, pics or it didn't happen. LOL Bonus points if you find the robotic version of Thorsten Heins.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-31-13 05:38 PM
    For those looking for the BlackBerry Experience Centre, it's at the University / Northfield BlackBerry campus, Building C.
    12-21-13 02:05 AM