I shut mine off as soon as I walk into the theater.
    I hold a low opinion of anyone who answers their phone, IM, TXT, or email while I'm watching a movie I paid to see.
    If being available is that important to you, wait for the movie to come out on video.
    03-21-09 04:10 PM
    how bout the vibe sound???!!! if you are sitting close to someone u can hear their phone just going vzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz vzzzzzzz its so annoying....so here's my protocol for the movie theater

a. during the previews its fair game
    b. silent for the movie
    c. every so often (30 minutes or so) ill check for the red light
    d. important texts get answered
    e. other texts wait until after the movie
    f. punch anyone who talks loudly lls jk
    03-21-09 04:28 PM
    Don't use it. Period. Even if it's silent, the light is obnoxious.
    03-21-09 04:29 PM
    My BB sleeps while I am in a theater. Although, I might lovingly stroke in once in a while so it knows I am still there.
    03-21-09 07:03 PM
    I always text during movies if i get one
    03-21-09 07:05 PM
    I leave it in the car when at the movies, concerts or the theater.
    Call me crazy, but, there is for some of us, this thing called decorum.
    03-21-09 07:10 PM
    I leave it in the car when at the movies, concerts or the theater.
    Call me crazy, but, there is for some of us, this thing called decorum.
    I can understand using it at the movies, by why even use it at a concert if you pay so much to go? I know you said you didn't, but I'm just saying for other people.
    03-21-09 07:12 PM
    depends on movie lol
    it sucks im gonna be on phone
    03-21-09 07:23 PM
    Don't laugh, but like POE I hate the movies/theatre and the last movie I went to see was Indiana Jones Temple of Doom. Dolby 3.5? surround sound at the Bergen Mall, Paramus, NJ. Great flick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 07:23 PM
    I like to be considerate of others so I put my phone on silent and I will wait until the movie has ended before I take my phone out again. It doesn't annoy me if someone takes their phone out as long as its not ringing during the flick... In my opinion the most annoying thing to happen in the theater aside from teens talking loud around me is that one person who has the nerve to get a phone call and sit there and take it while the movie is in progress...

03-21-09 09:00 PM
    The exact reason I stopped going to the movies, people talking the whole time on or off their phone....it's just annoying. You can wait for DVD or get a bootleg and enjoy in your own home theatre system.
    03-21-09 09:45 PM
    I don't know how I would react to someone whipping out a cell phone at a movie and begin clammering away. I've never seen that happen. Then again, look 3 posts above at the last movie I was at. Hah

03-21-09 11:47 PM
    I mess around with it until the previews start and then it gets put away until the credits roll. (Usually I'm too into a movie to care what's going on on my BlackBerry anyway.)

Concerts, though, it goes in with me. Mainly because the only concerts I go to are rock concerts and my friends and I use our BlackBerrys to keep in touch if we get separated in the mosh pit.

03-22-09 12:07 AM
    I keep it on silent until the movie ends. The last date I was on, the girl kept checking her phone. Needless to say, we didn't go out after that.

03-22-09 12:26 AM
    I'll use it during the previews, but when the movie starts, it goes on vibrate or silent and is put away.

It really is annoying when people try to talk when watching a movie. I usually say "shut up" loud enough for them to hear me and that usually takes care of the problem =).
    03-22-09 01:26 AM
    I use it durning the previews but as soon as the movie starts, its straight into my pocket so i cant see the flashing light.
    03-22-09 02:04 AM
    i switch it to Vibrate Only.
    03-22-09 04:11 AM
    Well I'm not going to lie, I was at the movie and it came out 1 time during the show for all of 2 seconds... Usually I dont bother my phone during the movies, but I was getting swamped with texts/bbms. I use it during the previews... but during the movie I think all phones should be put away (that goes 4 me 2)
    03-23-09 11:16 PM
    I use my Berry before the movie and than set to silent. I hate during the movie someone talks on the phone.

03-23-09 11:55 PM
    Definitely during the commercials if you get there before the previews (you can only watch the same 5 trivia questions loop over and over again for so long). I say once the previews start you should put it away. On silent or vibrate of course. If you get a vibration alert and you can't control yourself keep it close to your body and glance at the sender to see if it can't wait. My 8900s screen is pretty bright. Nothings more annoying then a huge beckon of light shooting from someones seat during a dark scene.
    03-24-09 12:48 AM
    i usually check it you never know it might be important enought to check
    03-24-09 12:51 AM
    Mine is silenced and put it away. But I'll use it during the credits.
    03-24-09 09:02 AM
    I use my BlackBerry everywhere. I have no shame. Seriously if I have to see ugly people make out and listen to screaming babies and other crap you can deal with a light coming on and "click, click, click".
    03-24-09 04:04 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD