Hi,
    I have a new BB motion, less than 5 additional apps and the device becomes unresponsive after 2-12 hours.
    when this happens, "memory usage" tells me that the BB Launcher is consuming approx 2 GB of Memory, free memory is between 200 and 400 MB.

I have tried turning the notifications for the launcher off as it was suggested in one thread - no change.
    I have no idea what to do except for resetting the device and starting all over
    Best regards
    Markus
    10-09-18 04:27 PM
    It's not a memory leak. It's just Power Center being aggressive, as indicated by the notification coming from Power Center. Adjust your Power Center settings / notifications and move on - https://crackberry.com/how-adjust-bl...-notifications
    10-09-18 05:08 PM
    Dear Blaze, thanks for your reply but it is not related to my question.
    The problem is not that the power center notifying me, the problem is that the device becomes unresponsive.
    The BB Launcher should not consume 2 GB of Memory.
    BTW - I played around and uninstalled Opera Mini, running the Motion for about 12 hours since then, Launcher is consuming 85 MB (according to power center), device is working fine.
    It looks like there is either a general incompatibility between these 2 (Opera and Launcher) or there might be a certain setting that I have set that has caused the problems.
    Anyway, I will watch it for a couple of days and if this is the problem, I will not reinstall it and hopefully the problem will not reappear.
    Best regards
    Markus
    10-10-18 06:56 AM
    I highly doubt opera would be the cause of a memory leak. If there are settings which can prevent an app from starting with your device, make use of those settings and this won't happen every time?

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    10-13-18 02:21 PM