I'm an Rugby fan and watch Super Rugby which is played in South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. My favorite team is out of South Africa and luckily I can watch them via Directv in the US. Vodacom is a big sponsor and at the end of yesterdays match the Man of the Match got a Samsung Galaxy S3. I just sat there and wondered why BlackBerry wouldn't want them to give away a Z10 instead of a phone that has been out for a while, or even work to get their name on a Jersey, boards on the side, etc., especially since SA is a strong, but slipping market for them. Just an observation watching TV from a market where the Z10 is available. I know that they have a great F1 deal coming up, just want to see them expand and take easy opportunities out there.
    03-03-13 10:12 AM
    Sponsorships only make sense if there is a ROI.

The sponsored also needs to meet the characteristics of BlackBerry also.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:34 AM
    Sports sponsorships in the US would be huge. Microsoft sponsors Cam Newton, but that hasn't really seemed to takeoff anywhere. It just needs to be done right.
    03-03-13 10:49 AM
    Yes .. a PGA event. Would sound better than the Waste Management event.
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-03-13 10:55 AM
    Yes .. a PGA event. Would sound better than the Waste Management event.
    Lmao! I love PGA Tour golf. Wouldn't it be awesome for BlackBerry to sponsor a PGA Tour event? "The BlackBerry Open", "The BlackBerry Championship", "The BlackBerry Classic", "The BlackBerry Invitational"...they all sound so good , but I would go with Invitational
    03-03-13 11:02 AM
    sports with world exposure makes sense.
    steer clear of sports that are limited in popularity
    03-03-13 01:16 PM
    Formula one or Tennis in Europe.
    Golf or Nascar in the USA.
    Canada - Hockey !
    Nigeria - Music
    Actually football ( soccer ) is big everywhere except NA.
    03-03-13 03:09 PM
    Formula one or Tennis in Europe.
    Golf or Nascar in the USA.
    Canada - Hockey !
    Nigeria - Music
    Actually football ( soccer ) is big everywhere except NA.
    BlackBerry is a sponsor of an F1 Car.

F1 : Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 team announce partnership with BlackBerry

They've also got some involvement with the NHL.

BlackBerry reconnects with NHL

In the US, they should partner up with NASCAR, at least maybe as a sponsor of a team, pre or post-race TV programming or a race in one of the NASCAR Series.
    03-03-13 03:22 PM
    They sponsor the Blue Jays here in Toronto which will be great exposure here in Canada especially this year. More global sports sponsorships would be good.

CB10- z10
    03-03-13 03:36 PM
    NASCAR would be a good partner. NASCAR fans are supposed to be one of the highest buyers of things sponsored by "their" driver. Get on board with a top 10 driver you could see some results.

Of course the top tier series is sponsored by Sprint. :S.

/nascar fan.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 05:31 PM
    They sponsor the Blue Jays here in Toronto which will be great exposure here in Canada especially this year. More global sports sponsorships would be good.

CB10- z10
    Sorry .. anything connected to Toronto sports is not a good idea.
    03-03-13 08:04 PM
    NASCAR would want to much money. It cost 3 to 7 million to sponsor one car depending on what series. I don't believe Sprint is getting there 13 million dollar a year investment back for fans.
    03-03-13 08:16 PM
    I'm thinking they should just sponsor athletes and use them in commercials. People who are active on Facebook or Twitter are obviously good choices.
    03-03-13 08:29 PM
    Sorry .. anything connected to Toronto sports is not a good idea.
    Maybe not this year, the Blue Jays are loaded and are legit contenders.
    03-03-13 08:48 PM
    You do know the Blue Jays are favoured in Las Vegas to win the World Series this year? They have a very legit shot at making the playoffs or winning it all after adding RA Dickey Josh Johnson Burhle Reyes Bonafacio and having a healthy Bautista and Santos. This is the best the team has been in 20 years. The Blue Jays also have great Canada wide exposure. This is great for BlackBerry as a partner.

Jose Bautista @JoeyBats19
    Loving my new #BlackBerry10 Thanks @BlackBerry

Even the home run king likes his Z10

CB10- z10
    miketko likes this.
    03-03-13 09:47 PM
    NASCAR would want to much money. It cost 3 to 7 million to sponsor one car depending on what series. I don't believe Sprint is getting there 13 million dollar a year investment back for fans.
    Fair enough, for a top tier team it cost anywhere from $20-$30 million to run a single race team. But there's always secondary sponsors or even just commercials. I'm not sure how it works fully, I just know you're right it costs a lot to get on a car. Would be great exposure not sure about the turn around on the investment. I figured it'd be high. You could be right though.
    03-04-13 12:19 AM
    You do know the Blue Jays are favoured in Las Vegas to win the World Series this year? They have a very legit shot at making the playoffs or winning it all after adding RA Dickey Josh Johnson Burhle Reyes Bonafacio and having a healthy Bautista and Santos. This is the best the team has been in 20 years. The Blue Jays also have great Canada wide exposure. This is great for BlackBerry as a partner.

Jose Bautista @JoeyBats19
    Loving my new #BlackBerry10 Thanks @BlackBerry

Even the home run king likes his Z10

CB10- z10
    Here is someone who knows his stuff. Go jays

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-12-13 12:03 AM