I was waiting for the result of the German Journalist (Mr. Paul Elmar) investigation regarding the current status of BlackBerry Mobile(TCL) and the relation with BlackBerry Limited. He finally published an article about that, which unfortunately came with bad news and completed the story of the previous rumors that we got in this site.

Here is the link of his article but in the German language. I used Google translator to read it.

I highly appreciate him and his team for the great job they've done so far.

https://www.blackberrybase.net/showt...287#post821287
    09-09-19 01:52 AM
    I was waiting for the result of the German Journalist (Mr. Paul Elmar) investigation regarding the current status of BlackBerry Mobile(TCL) and the relation with BlackBerry Limited. He finally published an article about that, which unfortunately came with bad news and completed the story of the previous rumors that we got in this site.

Here is the link of his article but in the German language. I used Google translator to read it.

TL;DR: Bye-bye BlackBerry mobile phones, and probably most future updates.
    09-09-19 02:17 AM
    BlackBerry... a random brand?
    09-09-19 02:21 AM
    This is the end...

30 % probablity of Key 3 which proably will not get Android 10

Not the best news...
    09-09-19 03:29 AM

Great write up and solid conclusions. The truth can be both sobering and enlightening.
    09-09-19 03:40 AM
    unfortunate but not unexpected. I said back in 2015 that BlackBerry overestimates the value of its brand. nobody's paying $700 for a phone with that brand. Somebody is stuck in the glory days, but those ended a decade ago.
    09-09-19 04:33 AM
    He finally published an article about that, which unfortunately came with bad news and completed the story of the previous rumors that we got in this site.
    My impression is that nothing has changed and that the future is still up in the air pending ongoing negotiations with BlackBerry.

I don't think anyone thought the current licencing agreement would be renewed as is, but it seems the fate of further software/security updates and another device remain unclear - pending resolution of said discussions.

I will say that the temper tantrum regarding "certain folks" from Crackberry was amusing. Lol.
    Last edited by conite; 09-09-19 at 07:49 AM.
    09-09-19 07:39 AM
    I read the article with the help of translator. Article seems to repeat the rumors and speculation we’ve said here for months. It’s been apparent since the extended release schedule was announced changes were happening. As usual, BBMo/TCT and TCL aren’t commenting but using negative consent to force a response isn’t the same as getting a response.

In essence, all we’ve got is employees repeating the six month old message again. That’s not really telling us anything except BBMo isn’t happy with the invoice and price quote for Android PIE for Key2 and Key3 and needs to decide next course of action. We can speculate they’re unloading inventory wherever they can move it for their exit but again speculation. Find interesting to use display space for Key models if exit decision has been made as not smart to mix failed device from divorced relationship with the new brand image. It suggests TCL may face penalties to exit so negotiations continue.
    09-09-19 07:54 AM
    I read the article with the help of translator. Article seems to repeat the rumors and speculation we’ve said here for months. It’s been apparent since the extended release schedule was announced changes were happening. As usual, BBMo/TCT and TCL aren’t commenting but using negative consent to force a response isn’t the same as getting a response.

In essence, all we’ve got is employees repeating the six month old message again. That’s not really telling us anything except BBMo isn’t happy with the invoice and price quote for Android PIE for Key2 and Key3 and needs to decide next course of action. We can speculate they’re unloading inventory wherever they can move it for their exit but again speculation. Find interesting to use display space for Key models if exit decision has been made as not smart to mix failed device from divorced relationship with the new brand image. It suggests TCL may face penalties to exit so negotiations continue.
    Only news from their investigation was that there was a table for BlackBerry at IFA...
    09-09-19 08:30 AM

Lost in translation?.... the Beginning of something is the "near-end", the completion is the "far-end". You know like the head of the table and the end, when you are sliding down Octoberfest drafts. Well now, now that that is cleared up, lets hear it for the near-end of BB10 (lol) - i couldn't resist.
    09-09-19 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry... a random brand?[IMG=1024x768]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190909/2ac13a3e64855608ec3d128461a135df.jpg[/url][IMG=886x932]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190909/55e589bd63646e791c780abd05d6ff4c.jpg[/url]
    Though I do have to ask this, why in that TCL photo, near the top, is that Angel of Light knocking on the cover of that Cross laden Christian burial casket (which is standing upside down)? Is this the Resurrection of the Dead, or a demon on a midnight hunger pain hunt?
    09-09-19 08:46 AM
    Though I do have to ask this, why in that TCL photo, near the top, is that Angel of Light knocking on the cover of that Cross laden Christian burial casket (which is standing upside down)? Is this the Resurrection of the Dead, or a demon on a midnight hunger pain hunt?
    Methinks you're reading into that display just a liiiiiiiitle too much
    09-09-19 08:52 AM
    Maybe, but even in marketing, symbolism is everything.

I think it just looks weird.
    09-09-19 09:08 AM
    Find interesting to use display space for Key models if exit decision has been made as not smart to mix failed device from divorced relationship with the new brand image. It suggests TCL may face penalties to exit so negotiations continue.
    Maybe it displays that all TCL devices run android 8.1 when android 10 is weeks away??
    09-09-19 09:14 AM
    To be fair the title of this thread was about the "End" and "Near", I just assumed the "Is". Every sentence needs a verb.
    09-09-19 09:16 AM
    So TCL really bungled this entire thing. Helpful article.
    anon(10218918) and Jake2826 like this.
    09-09-19 09:17 AM
    My impression is that nothing has changed and that the future is still up in the air pending ongoing negotiations with BlackBerry.

I don't think anyone thought the current licencing agreement would be renewed as is, but it seems the fate of further software/security updates and another device remain unclear - pending resolution of said discussions.

I will say that the temper tantrum regarding "certain folks" from Crackberry was amusing. Lol.
    I actually thought it was rather disappointing the way he was treated here and that disparaging comments were made about their site in the first instance.
    09-09-19 09:19 AM
    I actually thought is was rather disappointing the way he was treated here and that disparaging comments were made about their site in the first instance.
    Then you misunderstood. There was nothing disparaging said about the site.

My "random blogger" statement has been recycled ad nauseum, and was taken out of context with regards to intent.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-09-19 09:22 AM
    Then you misunderstood. There was nothing disparaging said about the site.
    I disagree. A fellow blackberry fan from another site comes here with the best of intentions and the offer of news, and is ridiculed.

As the discussions continued people here resorted to disparaging remarks against his status and the importance of his site.
    09-09-19 09:26 AM
    To be fair the title of this thread was about the "End" and "Near", I just assumed the "Is". Every sentence needs a verb.
    Yes!
    I wrote the thread at 3 AM, and I'm not able to edit the title afterwards.
    09-09-19 09:27 AM
    I disagree. A fellow blackberry fan from another site comes here with the best of intentions and the offer of news, and is ridiculed.

As the discussions continued people here resorted to disparaging remarks against his status and the importance of his site.
    Well, that wasn't me. I certainly argued facts with him on a number of occasions, but never attacked his person or any other member of his community.
    09-09-19 09:28 AM
    Whelp... this sucks... but is in no way unexpected.

I have long since tempered my expectations on BlackBerry being a viable smartphone brand since the BB10 launch. So reports of its near-death/demise don't really have much of an effect on me.

I will admit that in 2017, the birth of BBMo did give me a glimmer of hope (the CB 10th anniversary celebrations also amped things up), but deep down, I knew BB fans were running on borrowed time. Truthfully, every device that has come out since the Q10 has been icing on a long since, molded and stale cake.

I for one am quite happy that I've been able to purchase nearly 20 new BBs since the 9900 spanning the past 7 years. If you think about it, that's pretty remarkable that the brand has able to cling to life support for that long.

Now it looks like the KEY2 Red Edition will truly be my very last new BB for the foreseeable future. I'm fine with that because the KEY2s are great devices and should get me through the next couple of years easily. Oh yeah, and there's also the BB Titan as well!

The way IPs work in this modern age, I'm not going to completely bury BB. I would not be surprised in the least if some bright eye'd nutjob decided to try and resurrect the brand in 2030.
    tommel2 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-09-19 09:29 AM
    The way IPs work in this modern age, I'm not going to completely bury BB. I would not be surprised in the least if some bright eye'd nutjob decided to try and resurrect the brand in 2030.
    Or at least their keyboard.
    09-09-19 09:31 AM
    And yet, you find this amusing enough to publicly state your opinion again.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-09-19 09:32 AM
    Please guys, let's keep the discussion friendly and don't start throwing accusations over issues we've talked about in many occasions before.
    Don't ruin Bla1ze beautiful morning and force him to close the thread 😁.
    09-09-19 09:33 AM
210 123 ...