https://m.windowscentral.com/microso...lackberry-key2

Read this on windows central and thought it was an interesting idea. It makes sense...Blackberry has been looking for other Manufacturers right? What if that came to play both have worked together right? Both do have similar interests and business practices. The article just made me think.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 03:03 PM

Read this on windows central and thought it was an interesting idea. It makes sense...Blackberry has been looking for other Manufacturers right? What if that came to play both have worked together right? Both do have similar interests and business practices. The article just made me think.

Posted via CB10
    This article has nothing to do with finding other manufacturers. The author simply thinks that they should market a phone with MS software pre-installed.

TCL has the North American license until they decide otherwise.
    08-12-18 08:00 PM
    This article has nothing to do with finding other manufacturers. The author simply thinks that they should market a phone with MS software pre-installed.

TCL has the North American license until they decide otherwise.
    Yes I get that, I was just saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope they don't try this. There is already enough bloat ware on the phone. Microsoft apps are very "chatty" and most require an account to work.

Anyone who wants these apps can just download them.
    08-13-18 07:29 PM
    I would actually dump my phone in the river... Microsoft phones? NO THANKS.

Microsoft is where technology goes to die, everything Microsoft buys goes out of business a short time later.
    08-31-18 01:11 PM
    I would actually dump my phone in the river... Microsoft phones? NO THANKS.

Microsoft is where technology goes to die, everything Microsoft buys goes out of business a short time later.
    Skype?
    GitHub?
    LinkedIn?
    Navision?
    Visio Corp?
    TouchType?
    Xamarin?

Microsoft can't do mobile phones, but they have a decent enough track record with acquisitions.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-18 06:14 AM
    More like Danger Inc. (T-Mobile Sidekick)
    Zune
    Bung
    WebTV
    The Kin
    Skype.
    09-28-18 10:03 AM
    Microsoft is still in the game and has a bunch of licenses and products that are still selling well. Honestly Windows Phone was so damn good but unfortunately was roadblocked by Google which led to it being impossible to dominate any cell phone market.

With that being said, I wouldn't buy a Blackberry with anymore pre-installed software. Android is good enough on it's own
    09-28-18 10:23 AM
    Microsoft is still in the game and has a bunch of licenses and products that are still selling well. Honestly Windows Phone was so damn good but unfortunately was roadblocked by Google which led to it being impossible to dominate any cell phone market.

With that being said, I wouldn't buy a Blackberry with anymore pre-installed software. Android is good enough on it's own
    Windows Mobile Phones were not good, then they moved to Windows Phones and they weren't much better.... now by the time they got around to a Windows 10 phone, yes that would have been a good platform. But they took too long and developer didn't won't to work with them. Google only blocked them by beating them to the market by seven or eight years.

I have a Surface Pro Tablet and I love it. But for "phone" things Android or iOS are the platfroms I'd suggest to anyone. While a Surface Phone might have been cool, it wouldn't have been functional.

Now I don't know why MS doesn't go the BlackBerry route and just sell a Windows themed Android phone. Heck include a Office license for three years and call it the MS Office Phone - in both a Slab and a PKB. They'd have a better shot at Enterprise than TCL does...
    09-28-18 10:51 AM
    Now I don't know why MS doesn't go the BlackBerry route and just sell a Windows themed Android phone. Heck include a Office license for three years and call it the MS Office Phone - in both a Slab and a PKB. They'd have a better shot at Enterprise than TCL does...
    They have agreements with some big OEM's to preload apps on their devices, I'm not sure if this also includes subscriptions as well.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/201...vice-partners/
    09-28-18 11:10 AM
    Windows Mobile Phones were not good, then they moved to Windows Phones and they weren't much better.... now by the time they got around to a Windows 10 phone, yes that would have been a good platform. But they took too long and developer didn't won't to work with them. Google only blocked them by beating them to the market by seven or eight years.

I have a Surface Pro Tablet and I love it. But for "phone" things Android or iOS are the platfroms I'd suggest to anyone. While a Surface Phone might have been cool, it wouldn't have been functional.

See I'm the odd one. I didn't like Windows Phone 10. I get what they were trying to do: tie in the desktop with the Phone OS and make them feel the same, and I didn't like that. Mango (7.5 I believe or 8) was perfect and it was simple: subtle notifications, notifications at a glance with tiles, social media integrated into the phone itself, it worked. WinMoPhone was kind of a miss as far as being a smooth experience because they basically just dumped computer like functions on a phone without making it mobile friendly. I think it worked well for like their candy bar qwerty phones (Moto Q, HTC Snap, etc.) but not the touch displays. To this day I hate signing things from UPS

I don't think they want to "admit defeat" especially to Google. And to make matters worse, Google is sort of encroaching on business/school territory that Microsoft had for years. Chromebooks? They are so much more optimized than Windows. My god, I love those more than a Windows computer. It's limited, sure, but gone are the days where I need to burn CDS and copy multiple movies to my laptop. I really need something that'll work consistently and smoothly, and my $150 chromebook flies so much faster than my $400 laptop.
    09-28-18 11:15 AM
    See I'm the odd one. I didn't like Windows Phone 10. I get what they were trying to do: tie in the desktop with the Phone OS and make them feel the same, and I didn't like that. Mango (7.5 I believe or 8) was perfect and it was simple: subtle notifications, notifications at a glance with tiles, social media integrated into the phone itself, it worked. WinMoPhone was kind of a miss as far as being a smooth experience because they basically just dumped computer like functions on a phone without making it mobile friendly. I think it worked well for like their candy bar qwerty phones (Moto Q, HTC Snap, etc.) but not the touch displays. To this day I hate signing things from UPS

I don't think they want to "admit defeat" especially to Google. And to make matters worse, Google is sort of encroaching on business/school territory that Microsoft had for years. Chromebooks? They are so much more optimized than Windows. My god, I love those more than a Windows computer. It's limited, sure, but gone are the days where I need to burn CDS and copy multiple movies to my laptop. I really need something that'll work consistently and smoothly, and my $150 chromebook flies so much faster than my $400 laptop.
    I never tried it on a phone... Had a family member that had an early Windows Phone (right after they switched from Windows Mobile) she loved the tiles and interface, but the lack of apps and that they abandoned it and didn't provide an upgrade path... soured her view of MS. But no Windows never had the functionality that most smartphone users wanted.

Our local school district is big on Chromebook products... both for students and teachers. HP has some tablets, laptop and desktop boxes (tiny little boxes) that they are currently buying as updates (but then five years ago they were big on Apple stuff - one extreme to the other). Personally I use a Windows Surface as there are a few "programs" that I use that haven't made it to another platform. I've heard some things about CrossOver allowing you to run Windows applications on a Chromebook, you had any experience with that?
    09-28-18 11:44 AM
    I never tried it on a phone... Had a family member that had an early Windows Phone (right after they switched from Windows Mobile) she loved the tiles and interface, but the lack of apps and that they abandoned it and didn't provide an upgrade path... soured her view of MS. But no Windows never had the functionality that most smartphone users wanted.

Our local school district is big on Chromebook products... both for students and teachers. HP has some tablets, laptop and desktop boxes (tiny little boxes) that they are currently buying as updates (but then five years ago they were big on Apple stuff - one extreme to the other). Personally I use a Windows Surface as there are a few "programs" that I use that haven't made it to another platform. I've heard some things about CrossOver allowing you to run Windows applications on a Chromebook, you had any experience with that?
    Not yet. First time hearing about it. I'll give it a try this weekend and report back. If it works (I need remote desktop connection), then I may try using that at my part time job.
    09-28-18 12:12 PM
    Skype?
    GitHub?
    LinkedIn?
    Navision?
    Visio Corp?
    TouchType?
    Xamarin?

Microsoft can't do mobile phones, but they have a decent enough track record with acquisitions.

Posted via CB10
    I run two businesses. One runs on Google, and the other runs on Microsoft. For startups and web-based companies, I can see the value of GSuite, but ifor larger enterprises, it's hard to match the scope of services that Microsoft provides for anything close to the money.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-28-18 12:51 PM
    I run two businesses. One runs on Google, and the other runs on Microsoft. For startups and web-based companies, I can see the value of GSuite, but ifor larger enterprises, it's hard to match the scope of services that Microsoft provides for anything close to the money.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    For every failure, they have two success.... You can look at Microsoft's bottom line and see that lots of companies are using them for a number of things.
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-28-18 01:03 PM
    Whats app
    09-30-18 02:52 AM