Has anyone else ever experienced the problem I had last night when I was at the Scotland game (attendance 37,050)?

Text messaging stopped working, email messaging stopped working, and I got an error message saying something about the messaging app having stopped working.

I tried turning it off and on, including doing a battery pull, and at times I got some messages thru and managed to be able to send, but most of the time it wasn't working.

Later on, when I was away from the ground, the phone went back to normal.

Do Blackberries stop working in huge crowds when there are thousands of other phones all close by?
    09-08-10 07:06 AM
    I've had similar experiences at events where large crowds are present. I would guess its due to the fact there is only so much data a cell site can handle at once and with almost everyone carrying a mobile device these days.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 07:19 AM
    There is a good possibility that the tower was overloaded, as well as interference from the other devices.
    09-08-10 07:20 AM
    Can anyone send a BBM?

I have tried sending various messages on BBM from verizon to ATT and vice versa with several different people testing and none of us can send or recieve BBM's to anyone. Three of the phones tested are on the same verizon buisness accounts/service, and two were seperate personal accounts.

EDIT - Nevermind, it's working now.
    Last edited by firehawkns; 09-08-10 at 08:37 AM.
    09-08-10 08:20 AM
    Has anyone else ever experienced the problem I had last night when I was at the Scotland game (attendance 37,050)?

Text messaging stopped working, email messaging stopped working, and I got an error message saying something about the messaging app having stopped working.

I tried turning it off and on, including doing a battery pull, and at times I got some messages thru and managed to be able to send, but most of the time it wasn't working.

Later on, when I was away from the ground, the phone went back to normal.

Do Blackberries stop working in huge crowds when there are thousands of other phones all close by?
    It is not a BlackBerry issue. You just experienced the type of network congestion that plagues AT&T users, especially in New York City. There were probably many people at the sport event trying to call and use data at the same time, and the tower could not handle it. It happens frequently in the US in large cities.
    09-08-10 10:25 AM
    LoL..
    i thought that only happens to me..
    my BBM would give me that pending red hour glass everytime i went into a crowd....
    09-08-10 01:09 PM
    It happens. Happens to me too.
    09-08-10 01:16 PM
  8. T
    Good reason to stay out of large crouds. Not that I needed another, lol.
    09-08-10 05:01 PM
    What Lak said...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 07:32 PM
    This happened to me a few weeks ago at a concert while actually using my iPhone.
    The crowd was easily 20,000 and I had full 3G bars. We were in our seats about an
    hour before the concert started and it was working fine. Once people started filing
    in I noticed a huge drop off even with full bars. It was weird.
    09-08-10 07:59 PM
    That's why they'll sometimes bring out one of these when they know there's gonna be a crush on the system:

09-08-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD