Several of us at my office have blackberry messenger and have used it on our prior BB devices...
    We switched to the storm last week and it will not let us add each other as contacts. It sends the request and then says contact pending even after thee other person accepts it.... Any advice for help?

it was so easy to add people on previous devices, am I missing something with the storm?
    12-11-08 11:33 AM
    Several of us at my office have blackberry messenger and have used it on our prior BB devices...
    We switched to the storm last week and it will not let us add each other as contacts. It sends the request and then says contact pending even after thee other person accepts it.... Any advice for help?

it was so easy to add people on previous devices, am I missing something with the storm?
    I suggest that all of you keep trying until the phones get the requests'. Sometimes when I request someone on T-Mobile it takes about 4-5 tries for that person to receive my request. I'm really thinking that this is the case for Verizon to Verizon requests'. A friend of mine bought the Storm and was having the same trouble requesting some girl on VZW.
    12-11-08 12:48 PM

Try this: add a friend's PIN in your phone book entry for him. Go to BBM, click add contact, pull up his name, hit the menu key, click Send as PIN (or something similar) and send the message. This should work. I have had that issue several times and I'm not sure what the problem is but this should work for you. Let us know!
    12-11-08 03:50 PM
    I tried the PIN method and this did indeed work! Thanks for the suggestion. So anyone else outthere who is having problems I would use PIN numbers for requesting new contacts.
    I think Verizon is having some problems with the email request.
    Thanks for the tips everyone
    12-14-08 01:54 PM
    pin requests are the only way to go for bbm. also if you type 'mypin' it should replace the text with your actual pin instead of having to go options and find it.
    12-14-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD