I'm trying to figure out what all of the little smiley icons mean (not the emoticons) but the smileys that either have a little talking bubble or a lil clock next to them.......

So far this is what I think each one means

Smiley with talking bubble: Person is writing back to you

Smiley with three curves moving away from mouth: person is talking on the phone

Smiley with red X: Person has phone shut off

Smiley with clock: ????? This is one that I can't figure out.......

Are there any others that I haven't seen yet???????
    11-19-08 03:49 PM
    I'm trying to figure out what all of the little smiley icons mean (not the emoticons) but the smileys that either have a little talking bubble or a lil clock next to them.......

So far this is what I think each one means

Smiley with talking bubble: Person is writing back to you

Smiley with three curves moving away from mouth: person is talking on the phone

Smiley with red X: Person has phone shut off

Smiley with clock: ????? This is one that I can't figure out.......

Are there any others that I haven't seen yet???????
    The smilie with the clock means that you have sent them a message, it has been delivered to their device, but after a little bit of time, they still haven't read it. So it is essentially letting you know that even though their phone is on and accepting messages, they may not be available.
    11-19-08 04:57 PM
    Question on when the icon has the three curves (i.e. contact is on phone):

How long does it take for the message to go thru? My contacts keep getting stuck with this icon and they have obviously not been on the phone for 24 hrs straight, and my message never looks to have gone through. What is the deal? And how do I make those contacts go back to normal?

Thanks!!
    E
    12-03-08 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD