I attempted to download the new blackberry messenger for my curve 8520, which I just received for Christmas. After turning the phone off and turning it on again, I still had the old version of BBM. I was then told that if I pulled the battery after I turned off the phone and the reinserted the battery and turned it back on, it would work. However, the blackberry messenger icon was completely gone when I restarted my phone. I went to advanced settings and then to applications and blackberry messenger is still there, however, there is no icon for me to get to it, even when I hit alt, menu. Also, my device is telling me I still have BBM 4.6 when I should have 5.0. And when I attempt to download the new version of BBM all over again, it fails. What's going on?
    12-29-10 10:44 AM
    Go into your applications again and delete whatever version of BBM you have on your device. After the reset go into app world and download BBM again. This should solve your problem, at least it did once when I helped someone else with the same issue...
    12-29-10 10:55 AM
    How do I delete it? I have been locating it through settings > advanced settings > applications but I can't see any way of deleting it there.
    12-29-10 11:37 AM
    Highlight BBM, press menu, and select Delete. You may also be able to highlight it, and select it, then delete it from there.
    kaaaaa likes this.
    12-29-10 11:40 AM
    I had the same problem - Suddenly, the BBM icon had disappeared from my menu. "Show all" didn't work and it wasn't hidden. The only way I could get to it was through "switch application." To do that, when you are in your menu, left click (button with the dots) on any icon, and click "switch application." Then choose BlackBerry Messenger, if available. (If BBM is no longer anywhere on your phone anymore, then I can't help you). Once you're in BBM, put your cursor over any contact. Left click, and choose "Show on Home Screen." Then a message will appear telling you it saved it in somewhere like "Instant Messaging." So, go back to your menu, open the folder/icon it saved it in. Then highlight the BBM icon, left click, and choose "Move to Folder" then choose the folder "Home." After playing with my phone for hours, this is the only solution I could find.
    01-27-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD