I've noticed something rather peculiar. I know that a few weeks ago RIM had the problem with the display pictures not updating, now they update, great.

BUT I now have a problem, lets say it started when all this display thing started (which I think it did).

Now, everytime I add a new person (from that date forward) they NEVER get a display picture. It doesn't matter if they update it or whatever, any new contacts don't have a display picture. Weirdest thing is that I deleted all my contacts and restored with a backup and they all updated again EXCEPT those new contacts from that date until now, they have no picture whatsoever. Contacts I had before that date have their pictures and they update correctly.

What the h-e-l-l is this?

Cheers CB!
    12-22-10 09:14 AM
    I'm on the Curve 3G and this has never happened to me :/ Same with all my past Berries.
    12-22-10 09:23 AM
    I've noticed something rather peculiar. I know that a few weeks ago RIM had the problem with the display pictures not updating, now they update, great.

BUT I now have a problem, lets say it started when all this display thing started (which I think it did).

Now, everytime I add a new person (from that date forward) they NEVER get a display picture. It doesn't matter if they update it or whatever, any new contacts don't have a display picture. Weirdest thing is that I deleted all my contacts and restored with a backup and they all updated again EXCEPT those new contacts from that date until now, they have no picture whatsoever. Contacts I had before that date have their pictures and they update correctly.

What the h-e-l-l is this?

Cheers CB!
    I don't think it has anything to do with your install. I believe it is all RIM's servers that are messing this up. I think you just have to wait till they pop in. What happens if you contact the person and ask then to change their avy? Does that work?
    12-22-10 09:34 AM
    I don't think it has anything to do with your install. I believe it is all RIM's servers that are messing this up. I think you just have to wait till they pop in. What happens if you contact the person and ask then to change their avy? Does that work?
    Nope, it doesn't they just don't show up. Also, I've had a couple of friends that say that it is happening to them too. And I'm saying this is an issue from 2 weeks or so back.
    12-22-10 10:17 AM
    Yes, I was upgrading my OS two weeks back (when am I NOT???lol) and i wiped my device for the upgrade. It took over 16 hours for the pictures to pop back in after I wiped my device. Nothing I could do but wait. I hated waiting, BTW! But eventually it worked. All except one contact.
    12-22-10 10:23 AM
    I've beeen having this exact same problem from the end of November or beginning of December. It's reaaaaallllly annoying. I started assigning contacts display pictures manually just so it wasnt as annoying.
    12-28-10 03:04 PM
    I had this same exact problem for over a month. I'm not sure what going on with RIM, but i would have thought a fix would have been released by now.
    I think they are too buys suing "KIK" messenger, they should worry about their own native apps that have many flaws.
    12-28-10 03:11 PM
    I'm having the same exact exact exact problems with my new contacts. ughhhhhhhh
    12-29-10 04:29 PM
    No problems here! New contacts' pics are showing up just fine.
    12-29-10 04:39 PM
    This is very strange! Just like Propa, I've had no issues with my avy's showing up, even when I upgraded from my 8330 to 9650 almost 2wks ago, everything transferred fine including my bbm avy's and even the 1 or 2 new ones I added aft the transfer, popped up just fine. Its weird how it seems to effect some and not others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 08:17 PM
    I have the exact same issue as the OP. I assigned contact pics to some of the contacts and they have gotten pics within the past 12 hours.
    12-29-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD