Hi,

I'm not sure if I even should call it an attack, but that's what it looks like to me. I have received around 20 to 25 BBM requests to connect with unknown people Today. All of them, from people that doesn't even live near where I could have a friend or known people (Asia, Africa, Europe).

I might understand that someone might get wrong PIN or a typo, but 25 in a day sounds like something is not right or as if my PIN has been cloned or sold anywhere (and I don't know how could that even happen as I don't have my PIN published in any website or social site).

Any ideas how to prevent this in any way? Anyone has suffered the same thing?

Also, I have received some strange messages, all in them come in red with sex offers (which of course are spams), but how are these messages generated and is there any way to block these PINs so I don't receive those any more?
    05-08-11 05:24 PM
    Google your pin number, and you'll probably find your problem.
    05-08-11 05:59 PM
    Options > security options > firewall ...
    05-08-11 06:03 PM
    Well, googling the pin just showed no results at all, and as for the firewall.... it might be a good idea if the incoming messages were from just one specific PIN, but we are talking about more than 25 different pins, like they were all trying to add me as a contact at the same time.

Maybe this is just a failure in RIM's network and it's wrongly diverting users all around the world to my PIN (God knows why exclusively my PIN!), but anyway... it's annoying and so far, I don't know how to stop this.
    05-08-11 09:04 PM
    @heldmart. Yeah, it sucks. I have been getting friend request on BBM from those that I thought were from here(CB).....and end up being from other countries that want Kim Kardashian pics. Started last year and hasn't stopped. Anyway, you can't unless you change your PIN. Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 09:42 PM
    @heldmart. Yeah, it sucks. I have been getting friend request on BBM from those that I thought were from here(CB).....and end up being from other countries that want Kim Kardashian pics. Started last year and hasn't stopped. Anyway, you can't unless you change your PIN. Good Luck.

Maybe that is because you advertise your PIN on the internet such crackberry which I can see in your profile.

OR someone could send message to any random PIN. Its like SMS spam.

- Charles
    05-08-11 09:59 PM
    Maybe that is because you advertise your PIN on the internet such crackberry which I can see in your profile.

OR someone could send message to any random PIN. Its like SMS spam.

- Charles
    Nope. It's not a question about receiving PINS for me....it's the type of PINS requesting Kim K pics.
    Advertizing my PIN (as I have done with all of my Blackberries) doesn't mean I know or have access to Kim Kardashian pics or anyone else.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-08-11 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    05-08-11 10:06 PM
    I had someone add me the other day, too. My question for crackberry nation is there any security threats associated with accepting a friend request?

05-08-11 10:23 PM
    You're looking at it wrong, it doesn't have to be anything you did, one of your contacts maybe got a new phone or a replacement and sold the old one without doing a full wipe first. Don't assume if you send it back to the carrier they will do a wipe.
    All you can do is refuse their requests and tick the ignore box to stop them next time.

05-09-11 03:28 AM
    If you put your PIN on CB or any other site, be prepared to get many people trying to add you (especially if you're a girl). I used to have my PIN up, but got waaay too many creepy people adding me and I took it down. Even after taking it down, I'd still get residual BBM friend requests from people I didn't know for about two weeks.

I've probably deleted + ignored over 150+ weirdos.
    Pulin Patel likes this.
    05-09-11 02:07 PM
    If you put your PIN on CB or any other site, be prepared to get many people trying to add you (especially if you're a girl). I used to have my PIN up, but got waaay too many creepy people adding me and I took it down. Even after taking it down, I'd still get residual BBM friend requests from people I didn't know for about two weeks.

I've probably deleted + ignored over 150+ weirdos.
    Precisely why I don't post my PIN. I have folks I talk to a lot, and folks I rarely chat with. but I don't call for a lot of random adds.

05-09-11 02:18 PM
    Precisely why I don't post my PIN. I have folks I talk to a lot, and folks I rarely chat with. but I don't call for a lot of random adds.

I love meeting new people and talking to people, but I can do without the creeps and perverts adding me, thus why I removed my PIN. I have no problem adding someone, but at least now if someone wants my PIN they have to PM me for it.
    05-09-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD