is it possible to BBM people on other networks that have blackberry phones Because i tried with my friend who has Att and i have verizon
    07-16-09 10:22 AM
    shouldn't matter what network they are on. i have buddies from all different networks and they all work fine. try deleting and readded the person.
    07-16-09 10:23 AM
    its cause he would send me a request from his phone and i would never get it
    07-16-09 10:26 AM
    how about you try adding him and see if that works.
    07-16-09 10:33 AM
    You both need a data plan. I pin in Paris and London and never get charged.
    07-16-09 10:33 AM
    Yea def and much easier to add using pin number rather than via email. I ran into some issues with ATT user but found out it wasn't working because they didn't have a data plan...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:46 AM
    First, make certain you are using the correct PIN. (not "PIN number" as that would be redundant) This is easily located in Settings / Options / Status.

Second, and most likely the case, one of you does NOT have a data plan. Blackberry Messenger and PIN messages work through the Blackberry network ONLY. They do NOT utilize the same system as SMS or MMS.

I am a basic Blackberry user with simple understanding of the way this device functions. However, information regarding the question you asked is readily available all over the internet AND your user manual.
    Anyone reading this could save themselves a lot of time, headache and embarrassment by doing a little research first.
    07-16-09 11:36 AM
    So if the other person doesn't have a data plan, he won't be able to use bbm?
    Last edited by dat dude; 07-16-09 at 11:41 AM.
    07-16-09 11:38 AM
    D day this a discussion forum, so if it is a bother and a headache ignore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 11:42 AM
    So if the other person doesn't have a data plan, he won't be able to use bbm?
    That is correct.

& to D.day maybe you should of saved yourself the trouble of responding and being rude to the newb.
    07-16-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD