Does anyone know if there is or will be a Blackberry Messenger app that you can put on your computer? You can use AIM, G Talk, Yahoo Msngr on the Blackberry but you cannot currently use Blackberry Messenger on anything but the Blackberry.....
    04-08-09 11:45 AM
    I doubt BBM will ever be available on a PC/Mac. But I have been wrong before...
    04-08-09 11:47 AM
    I've kinda wished for a desktop BBM as well but I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon.

But RIM would have to setup a different network so that users who are identified by PIN would need to log in using a password. That would probably change the "log in" process so to speak for using it on the BB's as well.

Personally, if a desktop client for BBM makes it difficult to use it on the BB, I'd rather just stick with what we have.
    04-08-09 11:49 AM
    I mean absolutely no disrespect by this question........

whats the point? If one is on their computer, why not just use one of the googobs of instant chat services out there?
    04-08-09 11:53 AM
    I'm with Jennifer, I have enough freakin social networking stuff to keep track of!
    04-08-09 11:55 AM
    I'm not sure, I just know the majority of people who use their BB messenger are usually on their BB. It's a good thought but I'm just never on my computer long enough to have a convo
    04-08-09 11:55 AM
    I've kinda wished for a desktop BBM as well but I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon.

But RIM would have to setup a different network so that users who are identified by PIN would need to log in using a password. That would probably change the "log in" process so to speak for using it on the BB's as well.

Personally, if a desktop client for BBM makes it difficult to use it on the BB, I'd rather just stick with what we have.
    I agree, I'd like it, too. But not for me, necessarily but for my friends that don't have a BB and can't take advantage of the awesomeness of BBM. But if it is going to put a crimp into the way BBM currently functions, down with that idea.
    04-08-09 12:04 PM
    I'm with Jennifer, I have enough freakin social networking stuff to keep track of!
    I just dont see the benefit.

I have a perfectly working stereo in my vehicle. Its like putting a ghetto blaster in the front seat and using that instead. really poor analogy I know, but hopefully you get what Im saying
    04-08-09 12:06 PM
    I don't want anyone who doesn't have a BB to be able to have the ability to use BBM though.
    04-08-09 12:06 PM
    I don't want anyone who doesn't have a BB to be able to have the ability to use BBM though.
    Ahhh, I see.

BTW, killer quote, POE. I've been there.
    04-08-09 12:08 PM
    Ahhh, I see.

BTW, killer quote, POE. I've been there.
    Thanks. Hopefully people don't think that quote is from that cheesy Twilight crap. But that's for another thread...
    04-08-09 12:10 PM
    i understand what you are saying but when i am at work and my fiance is mesaginin me on his BB it looks bad to sit here at work texting on my phone. He is not a big fan of the other messenger services because they are slow and constatnly sign him out while he is connected on his blackberry--i ahve noticed similar issues with other messenger apps on my 8120
    04-08-09 12:40 PM
    I just dont see the benefit.

I have a perfectly working stereo in my vehicle. Its like putting a ghetto blaster in the front seat and using that instead. really poor analogy I know, but hopefully you get what Im saying
    i understand what you are saying but when i am at work and my fiance is mesaginin me on his BB it looks bad to sit here at work texting on my phone. He is not a big fan of the other messenger services because they are slow and constatnly sign him out while he is connected on his blackberry--i ahve noticed similar issues with other messenger apps on my 8120

sorry for the double post--this is my first time on here haha!
    04-08-09 12:48 PM
    What kind of Blackberry does he have? And is he also using the awful T-Mobile service?
    04-08-09 12:49 PM
    What kind of Blackberry does he have? And is he also using the awful T-Mobile service?
    also has an 8120---but he has had a curve too and every other model that T Mobile has carried for BB...but T-Mobile has been awesome for us. I worked there for 5 years and he works there now. If we have any issues they are always taken care of. but just as asn to back up what i am saying. we were just using G Talk and what-do-ya-know it signed him out (he is using form his phone; i from my desk). Not to mention that i must type too fast for the thing to register and he gets half of what i message him when i message him from my computer (from G talk and Yahoo msngr)
    04-08-09 12:59 PM
    Him being signed out of those IM clients I think has much more to do with T-Mobile's service.
    04-08-09 01:02 PM
    also has an 8120---but he has had a curve too and every other model that T Mobile has carried for BB...but T-Mobile has been awesome for us. I worked there for 5 years and he works there now. If we have any issues they are always taken care of. but just as asn to back up what i am saying. we were just using G Talk and what-do-ya-know it signed him out (he is using form his phone; i from my desk). Not to mention that i must type too fast for the thing to register and he gets half of what i message him when i message him from my computer (from G talk and Yahoo msngr)
    As far as Desktop to BB communication, I have found the GTalk is the best for me. Weird how it's signing him off... Is he in a bad data connection area?
    04-08-09 01:05 PM
    As far as Desktop to BB communication, I have found the GTalk is the best for me. Weird how it's signing him off... Is he in a bad data connection area?
    no. but it's weird because it signs me off as well and we are on opposite ends of town. I think it may have something to do with the functionality of gtalk with the BB. There may be some glitches that need to be worked out...esp since it is a newer app for the BB Pearl (8120)
    04-08-09 03:30 PM
    Him being signed out of those IM clients I think has much more to do with T-Mobile's service.
    have you had a bad experience with T Mobile or something? i have never had any problems..
    04-08-09 03:32 PM
    I was looking over a customer's shoulder and his office has the MS Live Blah blah Exchange blah blah messenger and I could have sworn there was some sort of intigration with BB and BES. I'm not betting on my mother's life here but I thought I saw online that it integrates with BBM someone. I'll have to keep looking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD