Hi
    I just recently got my crack sorry black berry lol. And had a quick question about the Blackberry Messenger. I live in Canada and I am with Rogers with plan 500MB data� and will be traveling to USA very soon to visit

1) My question is while I am in USA and I use the BlackBerry Messenger from USA will I be chared?

2) while in the USA if I get emails on my black berry will I be charged ? if yes how to stop that before heading out?

Thanks
    Last edited by gujuboyz; 05-06-09 at 09:48 PM.
    05-05-09 09:46 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! BBM uses data so as long as you have an unlimited data plan you can talk to any other bb user with bbm all over the globe for no additional charge. I would check with your provider to double check but you should be fine. While your here check out the 101 lecture series in my signature. There is lots of info found there for newbies...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 05-05-09 at 10:39 PM.
    05-05-09 09:48 PM
    Thankz mwdb4au

So I can use the BB messaging system from any where in the world with out any chargers?
    I have 500MB from rogers wireless should that be good enough for BB messaging and also wanted to ask.. when I am in USA ( keeping in mind I am from Canada) if I get emails and reply will I be charged?
    Last edited by gujuboyz; 05-05-09 at 09:59 PM.
    05-05-09 09:55 PM
    You'll need to check with Rogers on data rates outside of Canada. Its very possible you'll be charged for data in the US. If your current plan covers data roaming in the US then you'll be just fine with bbm and emails. If not, you can always turn off data services in the manage connections menu so you won't be charged for incoming bbm/emails.
    05-05-09 10:23 PM
    05-05-09 10:34 PM
    More than likely you will be charged for using data outside of Canada, just like if you were to use the internet outside of Canada.

When in Canada, you can BB message others that are abroad.
    05-05-09 10:38 PM
    Yes i was charged using data outside of canada which is sux you know cuz we pay so much and usa had better plans than canada everyone is on a cell phone 247 i hope canada can catch up
    07-31-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD