I hope this is the right fourm. I wanted to know how the memory works for bb's. Is there away to add memory to the device. Can I get a let say 4g memory card and put my apps on the card. I wanted to know this cause I was thinking about getting a ipod touch and use that for apps if they have it and web browsing and take what I can off my bb until they release the phone I want. Thankz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 05:51 PM
    There is currently no way to add memory to the device.

EDIT: Other than shrinking the OS, aka removing unused built-in programs and applications.

You can put apps on the card through BlackBerry App World as archives, but you cannot run your apps from the card.

I have gone the BB and iPod touch route as well. BB for everything that is not WiFi browsing, games, and media.

As far as the iPod touch goes, I would suggest waiting until next month as the newest generation of iPod touch devices (with cameras) are set to release. Better tech, added features, lower price.
    08-23-09 05:53 PM
    I am in the BlackBerry+iTouch camp too. I carry them both with me, and all of my apps are on the iPod, especially since my Pearl sucks when it comes to memory. The iPod works so much faster at processing anything, so I use it as my primary anymore, almost don't even use the BlackBerry anymore except for BBM.

I can't wait until the new iPods come out so I can give my current one to my fiancee and get a brand new one for myself.
    08-23-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD