Ever encountered this error when you're trying to play an mp3 file or a video?

An error occurred attempting to play media.
    and/or

The media being played is of an unsupported format.
    I'm seeing this error far too often lately, for your everyday, plain, out-of-the-box mp3s, and it's driving me insane. Media player will play *some* mp3s, but for most of them, it will pop up the error(s) above. There are more songs that don't work than songs that work.

- Yes, I have deleted ALL "BBThumbs.dat" files from the media card, rebooted the phone, and waited a decade before I opened the media player: no avail

- Yes, there are numerous tips even on this forum about fixing media player issues; they all do squat for the problem my Bold has

- Yes, Google returns 23,900 different search results for [Blackberry "Media Player Problems"], and I went through at least 50 of them. You'd think that RIM would give a **** about 24k customers and fix the **** that's piling up in their ******* backyard.

- Yes I know this forum is censoring bad words and I am taking advantage of that without trying to sound like a *****

- Yes, RIM is driving me nuts lately because not even their media player works properly anymore.

Blackberry issues are piling up left and right lately and with this media player issue I have now, I am really considering scrapping the Blackberry for good. One would expect such a basic thing as an mp3 player to work without the need for random hacks and secret tricks.

I'm on OS 5.0.0.411. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated and I will be eternally thankful, seriously. Thank you.
    03-18-10 09:10 AM
    What type of media card do you have. Is it not possible that your card is bad?
    03-18-10 11:05 AM
    What type of media card do you have. Is it not possible that your card is bad?
    It's a 16gb SanDisk, just a couple months old. Reading/writing from/to it via PC works just fine, I can play anything on it when the phone is plugged in with USB. It's just the BB player.
    03-18-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD