I have a question on internet radio streams.

Is there a way to enter the direct URL in the media player?

If not, can a radio station playlist file be installed on the blackberry and when selected it play?

If the stations stream/URL be entered into the browser, will the media player start automatically?

Can the browser be closed after the stream starts?

I'm trying to save memory space by not installing radio applications.

I have several local radio stations that are internet only, no fancy app listing, only the stream address. (i.e. stlhiphop.asx)
    11-07-09 08:36 PM
    I have a question on internet radio streams.

Is there a way to enter the direct URL in the media player?

If not, can a radio station playlist file be installed on the blackberry and when selected it play?

If the stations stream/URL be entered into the browser, will the media player start automatically?

Can the browser be closed after the stream starts?

I'm trying to save memory space by not installing radio applications.

I have several local radio stations that are internet only, no fancy app listing, only the stream address. (i.e. stlhiphop.asx)
    The simple answer is no.
    you have to download an app.
    No other way that I'm aware of.
    11-07-09 09:01 PM
    Thanks the the reply,

I found moodio.fm. Added the stations, and it works. Apparently it converts the stream to work on the Blackberry.

They should add the ability to add streams to the media player. Other apps like news and video sites can do it. Shouldn't have to go thru the browser first.
    11-07-09 09:27 PM
    Where can I find out what protocols the blackberry browser and media player can play, translate and stream?
    11-08-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD