I have several albums that contain multiple CD images (think 3 CD opera recordings). In iTunes and on my iPod these show and play in the correct sequence (CD1 tracks 1-x followed by CD2 tracks 1-x). The Blackberry Media player synced with iTunes lists tracks sorted by track number without regard to CD number (CD1 trk 1 CD2 trk 1; CD1 trk 2 CD2 trk 2 etc.) I tried changing the track numbers in iTunes but that did nothing. Is there a way to make these tracks show in their correct order?
    09-16-10 09:36 AM
    Honestly, it looks like Blackberry is playing them in alphabetical order, you may need to adjust the names so they are in that order.
    09-16-10 09:49 AM
    Be glad you aren't using Hypoxia, it sorts by track title and the authors seem to have no clue why anyone would want it otherwise

Personally, and having a good tag editor is essential for this, I will rip, say, all 6 discs of Beethoven symphonies (Karajan), making sure the CD number and track number tags are correctly filled in, then I put ALL the files in one folder, sort by CD number then track number and then renumber all the tracks from 01 to 42.

Oh, and I use Tag&Rename...
    09-16-10 09:56 AM
    ... Is there a way to make these tracks show in their correct order?
    It's either playing them in order of filename or ID3 tag - you might need to change filename or ID tag to reflect the play order

I tend to number tracks continuously over multiCD's

Track 21 = CD 2 track 1

Be glad you aren't using Hypoxia, it sorts by track title and the authors seem to have no clue why anyone would want it otherwise ...
    My LG used to play album tracks in alphabetical order - seems funny that designers are quite happy with that - although when i posted to the forums *most* replies were happy with it also - in fact most of them didn't know what i was complaining about - I couldn't beleive it - maybe it's now a world of single downloads and 'album' listeners are a dying breed
    09-17-10 03:01 AM
    It's either playing them in order of filename or ID3 tag - you might need to change filename or ID tag to reflect the play order

I tend to number tracks continuously over multiCD's

Track 21 = CD 2 track 1
    I've seen tracks posted on USENET like that. That's another good way.

Of course, I'd never download those...

My LG used to play album tracks in alphabetical order - seems funny that designers are quite happy with that - although when i posted to the forums *most* replies were happy with it also - in fact most of them didn't know what i was complaining about - I couldn't beleive it - maybe it's now a world of single downloads and 'album' listeners are a dying breed
    My Motorolas played tracks like that. V635, V9, even their Linux phone. Since I refused to rename my entire collection, I'd have to re-encode the track name to include the track number first once I copied my tracks over. Blah.

And it's not just classical - imagine listening to The Wall or 2112 out of order LOL

Yes, I think the world's become one big "mix tape."
    Last edited by hytran; 09-17-10 at 04:03 AM.
    09-17-10 04:01 AM
    I use a function in iTunes that puts the track number into the filename or the tag name, I forget. So it sorts correctly based on that.

But I also do this.....When I have a multiple CD title (i.e., Pink Floyd's The Wall), I renumber the tracks and remove the CD # so that it appears as one longer CD to iTunes. Then I can listen all the way thru without having to "switch CDs".

And, another thing you may want to consider is reripping the Opera as one long track, which will let you listen without those quick sound drops when the tracks are changed......
    09-17-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD