So I spent this past weekend at the Spring Awakening Music Festival at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL. If you are not familiar with the festival, it is a 3 day event that features some absolutely amazing DJs rocking Soldier Field (home of the Chicago Bears), with 20,000 (my rough estimate) people in attendance. I was quite surprised to see a big BOLD BlackBerry 10 Experience van set up, promoting BB10 with live Z10s. There was about 5 or 6 young excited reps from BlackBerry spreading the word and giving away some free promo material (pens, tshirts, etc).

I found it interesting, because the majority of the people at this show were between the ages of 17 and 25. People were taking out their devices to take pictures and video all weekend, I would say that out of all the phones I saw, 9 out of 10 were iPhones. I know that BlackBerry's main focus is the business professional who "Gets Things Done" and "Keeps Moving", but the fact that they had a presence at this event says a lot.

The BlackBerry Rep I spoke to gave me a tour of the operating system, was very knowledgeable, and very excited about BB10. According to her, she said they had a great showing and the majority of the people they talked to were potential new customers who weren't very familiar with BlackBerry (obvious by the number of iPhones in attendance and ages).

I thought the community might find this interesting. Check the attached pics!
    Korepab, kbz1960, SK122387 and 4 others like this.
    06-17-13 10:12 AM
    It's all about getting the word out. The 9930 was the last big thing (in respects to smartphones) for BlackBerry before the z10, IMHO.

At work, people are surprised when I say I still use a BlackBerry and then they begin asking questions... like why.
    06-17-13 10:32 AM
    Looks like a fun display. Hopefully the staff were exciting and enthusiastic, rather than just looking bored and pulling out their iPhones to text their buddies.
    06-17-13 10:38 AM
    That's funny! I get the same thing, except I don't even have my Z10 yet. I currently have an iPhone 4S. My contract is up on Friday. When I tell people I'm switching from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Z10, they look at me like I have worms crawling out of my ears. Fact is, I'm just a BlackBerry guy at heart and I love what the BB10 brings to the table. I hope BB continues to push.
    theclipart and dee. like this.
    06-17-13 10:43 AM
    That's funny! I get the same thing, except I don't even have my Z10 yet. I currently have an iPhone 4S. My contract is up on Friday. When I tell people I'm switching from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Z10, they look at me like I have worms crawling out of my ears. Fact is, I'm just a BlackBerry guy at heart and I love what the BB10 brings to the table. I hope BB continues to push.
    I get the same at work. I can't use a z10 at work because we don't offer it. That's the main reason I want the q10 to get released.
    06-17-13 03:52 PM
    Thats pretty good

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:04 PM
    Give us a review when you get it.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-17-13 04:52 PM
    Nice pics and post. Hope you had fun.

If they want to succeed, they better get iCloud calendar sync figured out pretty quick. I have to return my device because this basic feature does not work. Many iPhone users use iCloud to sync calendars too, so hopefully Blackberry can get it fixed quickly.
    06-17-13 11:56 PM
    When they have more big name apps, they gotta make sure those ones are advertised on the Z10/Q10 at events like this. People will see Instagram or Vine or Candy Crush or whatever's big at the time on the screen, and it'll be in their minds that BlackBerry has the apps they want.

Can't wait for that day.
    06-18-13 12:06 AM
    It's all about getting the word out. The 9930 was the last big thing (in respects to smartphones) for BlackBerry before the z10, IMHO.

At work, people are surprised when I say I still use a BlackBerry and then they begin asking questions... like why.
    Oh Oh....I know the answer to this question, too! Is it, "Because I want a messaging machine AND I don't want to belong to the collective hive?" Is that the right answer? Did I win? Lol...naw dude....j/k....I get asked the SAME qeustion....but I am becoming more of a **** about it when I respond
    DDS0728 likes this.
    06-18-13 12:54 AM