Now we've read plenty, T-Mo trade in programs for BB, shops not stocking up etc etc up there in the northern hemisphere .. the news pretty grim! Today I bumped into my local carrier's forum and saw this!

Alright, it's not the latest phone, but this is a carrier that never, i mean NEVER promote BlackBerry in any shape or form. Now they came up with this in the last few days.

My question is, with the Z3 coming out from down the southern hemisphere ... and other models in the future, is BlackBerry shifting their focus of marketing to other regions?
    03-07-14 05:55 PM
    As Chen has explained, BB has shifted (or rather, limited) their focus to 2 markets:

- Regulated Enterprises in Mature Markets (North America, Europe, Australia)
    - Consumers in Emerging Markets

The Z3 is targeted at the latter, and the Q20 will be targeted at the former.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-08-14 10:26 AM
    Not everyone can afford (high end) phones, they need to market the z3 in all regions.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-08-14 11:15 AM
    Shift assumes there was marketing to begin with. No serious marketing money should be spent until the products are on par with the competition, and offer significant differentiation. Only then should marketing focus heavily on the enterprise. Chen is doing good work, meeting with important enterprise customers behind the scenes. All he needs to convince them of is to hang in there a little longer, while he overhauls the company. What's crazy is that as dysfunctional as BlackBerry is, it still offers the best option for the enterprise. Imagine when it is firing on all cylinders as a lean, nimble, startup like company willing to innovate again. Watch out mofos

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:21 AM
    I'm referring primarily to mature, domestic markets. Their bread and butter. All they need to do in developing markets is to stop the bleeding by introducing a me too, low cost device while promoting services such as BBM

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:22 AM
    I'm referring primarily to mature, domestic markets. Their bread and butter. All they need to do in developing markets is to stop the bleeding by introducing a me too, low cost device while promoting services such as BBM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but this is actually the first carrier review I have seen in a long time. They should talk to other carriers too.

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    03-08-14 12:09 PM
    Not everyone can afford (high end) phones, they need to market the z3 in all regions.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    Bottom line is that they can't afford to do that - BBRY is a very small company relative to the real players in the consumer market - which is why their consumer efforts are last-ditch in emerging markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 01:28 PM
    Bottom line is that they can't afford to do that - BBRY is a very small company relative to the real players in the consumer market - which is why their consumer efforts are last-ditch in emerging markets.

The Z3 lower end variants would be targeted at the ZTE and other lower end Android market place.

I would really like BBRY to talk to some carriers and do more of these reviews. Honestly, even my local store reps had no idea what the Z10 could do even back on 10.2.0, now that 10.2.1 is out they should.
    03-08-14 01:57 PM
    ZTE is massive compared to BBRY.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    03-08-14 02:09 PM
    Change all future device names to QNX. That's the solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:25 PM
    Imagine when it is firing on all cylinders as a lean, nimble, startup like company willing to innovate again. Watch out mofos

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry will never be a lean startup company unless they reduce their employee count to less than 15 including all the CXO positions.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-08-14 02:45 PM
    China/Foxconn are north of the equator, hence in the northern hemispehere.

? Q1O
    03-08-14 03:56 PM

At MWC John Chen said "It's a 3G phone, and we have a plan to expand the phone to different parts of southeast Asia after Indonesia, and in addition we have a plan to go global with an LTE (high speed 4G) version of it some time in the future."
    03-08-14 04:41 PM
    China/Foxconn are north of the equator, hence in the northern hemispehere.

? Q1O
    Lol my thoughts are the shift to South East Asia and Pacific. Maybe move upwards when they regain their hold there
    03-08-14 09:04 PM