Various websites continue to release data stating BlackBerry continues to lose market share, especially in the UK. They claim BBRY has 0.5% Market Share in the UK, where as according to my research they continue to hold approx: 16.50% of the mobile OS Market Share. BBRY has also grown and continues to grow in North America and Africa.

Where on earth are people getting this ridiculous 0.5% market share nonsense?

I believe CrackBerry needs to pool its resources together to put an end to the misinformation which people actually believe.

Let's start with this:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    07-29-13 08:23 PM
    Statscounter is in no way to be used to figure MARKETSHARE. its worthless for that. Check the other threads here that claimed that BB was up to 30% in Canada but then fell back to 8% in about 2 days time.
    07-29-13 08:37 PM
    Where on earth are people getting this ridiculous 0.5% market share nonsense?

I believe CrackBerry needs to pool its resources together to put an end to the misinformation which people actually believe.

Let's start with this:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    Fine, let's start with the misguided belief that StatCounter measures market share. If you start with a bad premise guess what follows.

THIS is what StatCounter does:
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Market Share Manipulation?-sc.png  
    07-29-13 08:52 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't control 16.5% of anything.
    07-29-13 09:19 PM
    ok, firstly how are we gonna deem marketshare? the common meaning is based on sales in a 3 month period, however in reailty surely its all current users? I just wanted to show the difference, as statcounter is based on web activity which could come from a 1 day old or one year old device, whereas the sales figures are for the 3 month cycle. obviously both aren't 100% accurate but sales are less affected than useage counters.

Anyways, jus needed to clear up why different people looking at different models end up with different share figures.

As for right now, the latest data from Kantar shows BlackBerry as having 4.1% of UK smartphone marketshare. that's the 3months ending in june 2013. YoY that's a drop of -6.5% of the market (from 10.6%). To give some balance lets roll back a bit further as a YoY doesn't really paint the clearest picture especially with BB10 being under a year old.

GB marketshare (3 months ending in):
    January 2013 - 5.8%
    April 2013 - 5.1%
    May 2013 - 5.6%
    June 2013 - 4.1%

so what do we see from that? well a pessimist will say a drop after the initial launch surge of BB10, a optimist will say people waiting for the Q10 and Q5 etc, so we`ll soon see, but what it does say its its both neither 0.5% and also not 15%.

sources:
    Kantar January data for UK
    Kantar April data for UK
    Kantar May data for UK
    Kantar June data for UK
    Chicago777Guy likes this.
    07-29-13 09:45 PM
    In truth... only BB can actually determine what market share the have as they are the only ones actually privey to the whole picture... they know how many devices have been shipped and sold in a sales area... bottom line is that until they share actual sales not number of units shipped any market share projection is simple guess work... same as analysts doing channel checks... totally useless as it is only a snapshot at any given time....
    08-10-13 03:28 PM
    In truth... only BB can actually determine what market share the have as they are the only ones actually privey to the whole picture... they know how many devices have been shipped and sold in a sales area... bottom line is that until they share actual sales not number of units shipped any market share projection is simple guess work... same as analysts doing channel checks... totally useless as it is only a snapshot at any given time....
    That won't help them to see the whole picture as they still don't know the actual sales of their competitors. Without those, you can't determine marketshare numbers.

But if we look at marketshare numbers in general, the only right thing is to determine sales within a defined period of time. Because what marketshare numbers want to screen, is the current performance of the products compared to their competitors. The term "market" here means actual purchase transactions between manufacturers and their customers, usually measured by units. In other words: devices sold. Because actual user numbers or devices in use have nothing to do with the actual market or its performance. Therefore, any stats on actual browser usage or anything like that don't tell us anything about market performance.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:01 PM
    I'm more interested in the % of smartphone users who have BlackBerry's . I know 5 people who have older BlackBerrys who use them every day and rarely if ever use the browser .

Posted via Z10
    08-10-13 04:22 PM

Perhaps not control but there are definitely markets where BlackBerry's overall share is that number or more.

Your posts are more and more negative. I respect your right to your opinion but at times it's nice to let the sunshine in. After all, they are only phones, not loved ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:26 PM
    It is a concerted effort by the US and Apple to be the unique provider of smartphones to the world, together with the their spy agency NSA to b in control of the people and foreign govs....

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-10-13 07:39 PM
    Seriously, how much money did you lose on the stock? Every time you post it's like an emo kid whining in the closet.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    08-10-13 08:01 PM
    I'm more interested in the % of smartphone users who have BlackBerry's . I know 5 people who have older BlackBerrys who use them every day and rarely if ever use the browser .

Posted via Z10
    That is because the browser didn't work before bb10. It was bbry biggest miss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-13 08:11 PM
    It is a concerted effort by the US and Apple to be the unique provider of smartphones to the world, together with the their spy agency NSA to b in control of the people and foreign govs....

BB Z10 Rocks!
    What a line of bull.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:28 PM

BB Z10 Rocks!
    "Fear" dominates your life.
    08-10-13 08:29 PM