I have a curve 8900. I cant find blackberry maps in my device. It IS INSTALLED. But cannot find it. I also went to options->advanced options->applications and I can see Blackberry maps on it. But cant find the application in the device.

I also tried re downloading the bb maps through the computer, but I get the error "Unable to create the loader Active X Control Please review your security settings and user priviledges on this machine." I use IE8. tried enabling activex, editted internet options etc, still no.

I also tried downloading via bb browser, but it says the device does not have mini software requirements or something like tat.

I am sure I am using the latest version of OS as well in my device.

Please help.
    04-08-10 08:41 AM
    Do you have AT&T service? They block BB maps.
    04-08-10 10:16 AM
    is it in your downloads folder?
    04-08-10 10:52 AM
    Mine is hidden too- probably not due to carrier, but because I don't have a BIS data plan. I was able to launch it using a BlackBerry Maps shortcut icon I downloaded... but because I don't have a BIS data connection, just TCP/IP, it couldn't load any maps!
    04-08-10 10:55 AM
    Make sure it wasn't accidentally hidden. Go to options/menu/show all. I have also on occasion unknowingly moved apps into other folders. Ahh the mysteries of the beloved bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 10:58 AM
    If it hidden by your carrier, you can launch it through Quicklaunch. Poynt also, but I can't remember if Poynt launches the whole App or just the Maps part.

I'm on ATT, which blocks the icon on my phone, and i can use BB Maps 100% through Quicklaunch.
    04-08-10 01:06 PM
    Can't you see options-advanced-Maps-Default service-Blackberry Maps ?
    04-08-10 01:29 PM
    OK....I tried many many many options. Its not there in my downloads or applications folder. My carrier is Du (UAE). They are not blocking it either. Heres wat I did....
    1. I did the option of "show all". No joy.
    2. I went to options ->advanced options -> Applications. I see blackmerry maps in the list of applications there. But I don't know where the heck is the application.
    3. I deleted BB maps from application list. Did a hard reset and Re installed BB maps. Still it does not show up.

Folks this is driving me crazy. Please help.
    04-10-10 04:22 PM
    I have exactly the same problem, and also tried same things as you but without succes. I spent quite some money on that phone just to have GPS and I find it very dissapointing and poor! A friend of mine has the bold 9000 and their maps just work :s
    04-21-10 06:14 PM
    I can't speak for your carrier, but AT&T is not the only carrier that blocks BB Maps. I have AT&T and I have exactly the same situation as yours (it's installed, you just can't get to it). As others have mentioned, Quicklaunch will let you launch it. It's not a free app, but I think it's a great app that's worth the money, not just to launch BB Maps but overall.

You can also launch parts of it with Poynt (which is free and is also a great app) but I don't know that you can get full functionality this way.

As an alternative, you could also look at Google Maps Mobile, which is free, supported by all carriers, and works well.
    04-21-10 06:25 PM
    That was one of the frustrating things about being with AT&T, is that they block the access of BlackBerry maps. Of course you can use Google maps as an alternative, but Google maps doesn't map geotagged photos, only BlackBerry maps. That's why I love the Sprint versions of BlackBerry devices because it isn't hidden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 11:06 PM
    I'm moving this thread to our GPS/Mapping Forum
    04-21-10 11:10 PM
    anyone able to resolved this? im having same problem and dont feel like creating another thread. My BB Map is missing after installing "Willyboy 95xx v1.2 .580/.610/.643" hybrid.
    04-27-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD