On TMobile U.S. w. 9700. I can pull up BB Maps of London, Paris, Lisbon etc. Hong Kong and Moscow --- but no country south of Mexico!!
    Is there any way to correct this? We are going to 3 So. American countries next month? Of course Google Maps covers virtually everything in the world, but I would have to pay prohibitive expensive data roaming rates to use it. I am assuming since BB Maps uses RIM's servers, the data will be included in my intl email data plan. (Both Gmail and BB Maps are listed in my Service Books.)

Thanks.

...mike
    07-18-10 08:37 PM
    Well, both Google Maps and BBMaps would use the same data on your plan. If one is (or isn't) covered, then the same would apply to the other.

You should check before you go to be sure exactly what it covered.

But you can't add to the data in BBMaps. There is no road data for Central or South America. You can see the countries that have street data as they are colored dark green. The countries without data are colored light green.
    07-18-10 09:04 PM
    Well, both Google Maps and BBMaps would use the same data on your plan. If one is (or isn't) covered, then the same would apply to the other.

You should check before you go to be sure exactly what it covered.

But you can't add to the data in BBMaps. There is no road data for Central or South America. You can see the countries that have street data as they are colored dark green. The countries without data are colored light green.
    Thanks for pointing out the light/dark green countries on the world map. Unlike Google (which covers the world in more ways than one<G>), BB maps omits lots of countries. Strangely, BB maps covers a couple 3rd world, southern African Countries - Botswanna, Zimbabwe and a couple others. We were in those 2 countries last year, but didn't use, or have need for, maps.

As for data billing, TMobile seems to do things a little differently. There have been posts to this effect - but I would be cautious and check my billing before getting any surprises. In this upcoming trip, it's obviously a moot point.

...mike
    07-18-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD