So I just downloaded Vlingo (awesome) and want to use the map feature for which I need BlackBerry maps. Is there a way to download the alx. instead of having it go straight to my phone from the site through the usb? It won't run the download because I'm running 4.5 but I'm guessing that if I could run app loader I could get it to work.
    06-25-08 10:26 AM
    Hi Monkeejones, I cant help, but I am curious as to why OS 4.5 affects you?
    Did you go to the RIM site to download BB maps?
    thanks
    Al
    06-25-08 10:49 AM
    The BB site asks you to attach the phone to your computer via usb. When I do this and click download the site says my phone does not meet the requirements for download. I can only assume this is because I'm running beta. I'm sure the BB site is doing whatever they can to discourage this.
    06-25-08 11:00 AM
    The BB site asks you to attach the phone to your computer via usb. When I do this and click download the site says my phone does not meet the requirements for download. I can only assume this is because I'm running beta. I'm sure the BB site is doing whatever they can to discourage this.
    06-25-08 11:31 AM
    Not to mention you have to pay $99 for it.
    06-25-08 12:50 PM
    Hey MonkeeJones when you were setting up VLingo, on the step that you have to say "Search browser consert tickets" or something like that.. How long did it take you and did you have any problems with it??
    06-25-08 11:38 PM
    So I just downloaded Vlingo (awesome) and want to use the map feature for which I need BlackBerry maps. Is there a way to download the alx. instead of having it go straight to my phone from the site through the usb? It won't run the download because I'm running 4.5 but I'm guessing that if I could run app loader I could get it to work.
    Did you ever get this figured out? I found a great thread over at the BlackBerry forums that helped me. I was in the exact same spot as you- got Vlingo and wanted to use maps. I'm on AT&T so no maps yada yada.....

You can't actually use Vlingo to voice search BB Maps (which is what I thought). I also wanted BB Maps so it could interact with Poynt, but the new Poynt can be set to search with Google Maps now so.... I used a lot of time and energy to get BB Maps and ended up really not needing it that much. I do like the dashboard and track up options though.

Get BB Maps on AT&T running OS 4.5
    08-03-08 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD