View Poll Results: Would you Subscribe to a Dedicated Magazine for BB Users.

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

261 86.14%
  • No

42 13.86%
    Sure I would.
    11-12-08 08:29 PM
    Just tell me where to sign up I would seriously add that to my monthly magazine list among my truck and photography mags a BB mag would be on top of the stack. Would it include adds to order parts, housings, and accesseries. It should also catch all the leaks of new phones and when which carriers will get them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 08:53 PM
    Im in!!! Most definately!
    11-12-08 11:45 PM
    Of course, I would! Im like anybody that is on this site would! Let's get it started!

Last edited by naturalbeauty334; 11-13-08 at 12:10 AM.
    11-13-08 12:04 AM
    I would subscribe as long as there is some UK blackberry and blackerry carrier relevant info available.

Sign me up baby

11-13-08 04:15 AM
    Good to see the various feedback from people. In case you are wondering the ONLY forum we would showcase in the magazine would be Crackberry.com as in my opinion the others dont even come close.
    In my opinion, big mistake. If this is going to be a blackberry magazine about all things Blackberry, then you need to talk about and feature all active forums if you are going to talk about them at all. Why tell many of your potential readers, that their choice of a forum to read and participate in, is not worthy of being showcased, and in a sense is wrong. How would that fly if someone you are about to interview is a member of one of those forums and not Crackberry?

If you are going to be the first thing a new smartphone users sees, and they are just learning what's out there for Blackberries, do you want to be the one that only shows them one thing? Then when someone else comes along they show 100s of new things? Guess which magazine that newbie will be subscribing to a year later? And as soon as you come out with your magazines, there are sure to be a few more.

We are also going to start putting a list together of possible writers and contributors for the new magazine so if you would like to be involved send me an email to [email protected]

This is going to be a great project and one I am looking forward to. Its not going to compete with Crackberry.com, but instead compliment it.
    Heck if that's the case why not join up with Crackberry and call it CrackBerry.com, the Magazine? Personally, I don't see any of the Blackberry sites as being in competition with each other. They all have their good points, looks and user base.

Who is your target audience for the mag?

Fanboy Crack Addicts?
    New users?
    People thinking of buying?
    Gamers?
    Technonerds that tweak everything they own?
    Students?
    Business people?
    Average Joe/Jane needing something more than a phone?

What would your readers get from the mag, paper or electronic, that they can't get from a Blackberry forum/blog or qoogle search today?

What I'd like to see:

Timely Blackberry/cell phone information (the Serious to the SiLlY)

Interviews with Blackberry Designers

Info on why the Blackerry OS is written to do some things and not others, that seem to be basic in most other smartphones or lesser phones..

A good "How To Database", no matter where the sources are, you could pull them together or point them out.

Technical Reviews (the kind of stuff that makes most people's eyes glaze over), I like that stuff!!

Consumer Reviews (things Joe, not so average would notice and explore)

Who's Who, in the Blackberry world, blog writers, forum creators, Berry folks from ... well Blackberry.

Who are the beta testers, pre-release Berry reviewers, and what goes into becoming one of the "chosen few".

Blackberry Hacking aka making your Berry do things, only a crack addict would think of.

Info on the different BB models, reviews, comparisons, tips and tricks, work arounds for known problems/issues.

In the paper addition, if you have ads, I'd like to see them all in one section that way they are out of the way and I can read them later... and advertisers get all that space to themselves!

I like your online mag interface and layout, the one thing I would add, is the ability to landscape artwork, especially if here is text with the artwork. Example page 84 of your Heliops online issue. Enlarging it is great, reading it is another issue, if you didn't know to move the page around to view it once it was enlarged.

Would I subscribe? I don't know, have not seen a few issues to help me decide. Would I read a few issue to make up my mind? Yup.
    11-13-08 04:20 AM
    Gosh I think I posted here two or three months ago... So throwin my $0.02 again for a subscription... Any feedback as to it's viability at this point... Been polling for a while

11-13-08 04:24 AM
    I would definitely be interested in such a magazine as it would probably relate to newest information available for Blackberry and it would be in an organized manner. Sometimes crackberry can be a little oberwhelming for us new to the phone
    11-13-08 06:44 PM
    I was just thinking though... that by the time the magazine came out I'd already know everything... from here mostly
    11-13-08 07:00 PM
    Sign me up.
    11-13-08 07:08 PM
    yes from me
    11-13-08 08:45 PM
    yes i would- email me if it happens
    11-18-08 11:17 PM
    One off the rack first then maybe... i'm sick of buying rags that offer nothing but advertising ... it's all about the content for me. (yeah i know ads make it affordable to pub but hey... just my 2 cents)
    thanks...
    05-06-09 02:27 PM
    For me, Blackberry device reviews would be geat along with device specific information would be great. You could also have a section on BB apps and maybe pick an "app of the month".
    05-06-09 02:30 PM
    who will subscribe to me
    05-06-09 02:31 PM
    As a new BlackBerry user, I was at Chapters (Canadian book store) a few nights ago and I was shocked that there wasn't already a Magazine out for Blackberry's. Seems like every other product brand or hobby has its own magazine.
    05-06-09 02:32 PM
    I did see a BlackBerry Magazine at Barnes and Noble the other day but I believe it was a one time printing. It was pretty nice but WAY to many pictures of the Bold in there. Let's try and give equal attention to all the Blackberrys. A little something for everyone as they say. It was a nice glossy mag though.
    05-06-09 02:43 PM
    Who were the no votes? We sorta got what they call a captive audience here.
    05-06-09 02:55 PM
    There seems to be so much advancement with BBs. The magazine would most likely be outdated before the month it was issued in was over. A monthly would probably not be that successful
    05-06-09 03:10 PM
    I voted no because I don't think I would l spend money to read information I can get for free online. I have given up on print media because it is usually old news by the time you read it. The internet gives you information so much faster. I can't remember the last time I read a newspaper or magazine besides Entertainment Weekly which my wife subscribes to currently.

I would probably read the online version of a magazine like this. Pay for it? Not sure about that.
    Last edited by skynny70; 05-06-09 at 03:20 PM.
    05-06-09 03:18 PM
    I would definetely subscribe to a BB magazine.
    05-06-09 03:20 PM
    I would subscribe, i wonder how this idea is going.....
    05-06-09 03:25 PM
    I would definitely subscribe! I can read about BB's at school where I can't use BB. That would be really sweet.
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-06-09 at 05:12 PM.
    05-06-09 03:48 PM
    I'd subscribe!

05-06-09 05:27 PM
    Yes. It would be great to read the latest news (oh sorry) or especially the "how to" section. That would be cool.
    05-06-09 05:58 PM
204 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD