View Poll Results: Would you Subscribe to a Dedicated Magazine for BB Users.

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

261 86.14%
  • No

42 13.86%
    this has been around for a while now i don't know if it will every happen but if it does i will probably get it.
    09-21-08 10:55 AM
    Morning All,

I publish a number of magazines and we are seriously considering launching a dedicated magazine for Blackberry users worldwide as there are plenty of mags out there that just include bits and pieces on the BB but nothing dedicated, and being a BB user I feel left out.

What I would like to ask members is this, if there is a dedicated BB magazine would you subscribe to it and also what would you like to see in it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ned
    Okay, so I didn't read through all the pages to get caught up in this thread so if I say things that people already said that should go into the Blackberry Magazine, I apologize.

First off, what are the intervals going to be between releasing a new copy of the magazine? Every week? Every month? etc. Second, I suggest finding people to do reviews nay, that do THOROUGH REVIEWS on the different BBs and keeping those people handy so that when they get their hands on other BBs they can review them too (that javelin review was awesome on the front page of the site). Also, I would like to see some reviews on phones from other "regular people" BB users. And also something dedicated to people who "pimp" out their BB such as changing the color of the trackball and painting their BB casing. And maybe get interviews with people from different fields of work (not all BB users wear a suit and tie, not that I got anything against suits and ties , I love to wear them ). Maybe some funny stories of how people drop their BB to their deaths (the BB not the people, just trying to create a laugh out of something tragic). I know if I carry my keys, my BB, a pair of socks, a shirt (at this point you must be asking if I am even wearing anything when I walk out the door?), and maybe a water bottle the thing that falls out of my hand is my BB. Also maybe once in a while every couple of issues (if it is released every week or even every month) but put out a cd like these XBOX and PLAYSTATION magazines do with demos of games but put themes and ringtones or backgrounds for free so that people can load onto their BB, I know that will probably add up to be costly so maybe you can load those onto a website and have the files their for download to DM or OTA.

Those are just a couple of ideas, and again I apologize if you are reading this and have followed this whole thread and are now saying "this guy is repeating everything other posters already said" I didn't read all the 9 or 10 pages I am sick right now and just woke up so sorry .
    09-21-08 11:24 AM
    No offense to your business but I would only buy/subscribe to a BB mag if RIM made it. Something that they made right out of HQ and had articles, tips, guides, features, pictures, news, etc. Maybe monthly or bi-monthly would be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 05:31 PM
    i would subscribe. And I would like to see a part of the BB culture that we dont read online and any other website
    09-21-08 08:45 PM
    KiwiNed,

How about some of these:

Blackberry Grand Central
    Blackberry Central
    BB Central
    BB Grand Central
    The Blackberry Magazine
    BB Mag
    BB Magazine
    Blackberry World
    Blackberry World News
    Blackberry News
    BB News
    BB World News
    Blackberry Happenings
    Blackberry Times
    BB Times
    BB Tech
    BB Technology and News
    Blackberry World: Technology and News
    Blackberrian Times
    Blackberrian News
    Blackberrian World News
    Blackberrian World
    Blackberrian's World: Technology and News
    Blackberrian Business
    Blackberrian Casual
    Blackberrian Magazine

A couple questions before I try to think of anything more...

What type of theme were you going for? Business professional? Or maybe Business Casual? Or even just a casual magazine? Who is out target market? Just blackberry users and abusers (hardcore blackberrians?) or the general public?

I was also interested in writing some articles. I love my Blackberry Pearl and will only stay within the Blackberry family of phones now. Let me know if you still need some writers!

Thanks!

Crystall
    09-22-08 03:15 PM
    KiwiNed,

How about some of these:

Blackberry Grand Central
    Blackberry Central
    BB Central
    BB Grand Central
    The Blackberry Magazine-RedWings
    BB Mag-RedWings
    BB Magazine-RedWings
    Blackberry World-Strevi69
    Blackberry World News
    Blackberry News
    BB News
    BB World News
    Blackberry Happenings
    Blackberry Times-RealEstatePro
    BB Times-RealEstatePro
    BB Tech
    BB Technology and News
    Blackberry World: Technology and News
    Blackberrian Times
    Blackberrian News
    Blackberrian World News
    Blackberrian World
    Blackberrian's World: Technology and News
    Blackberrian Business
    Blackberrian Casual
    Blackberrian Magazine

A couple questions before I try to think of anything more...

What type of theme were you going for? Business professional? Or maybe Business Casual? Or even just a casual magazine? Who is out target market? Just blackberry users and abusers (hardcore blackberrians?) or the general public?

I was also interested in writing some articles. I love my Blackberry Pearl and will only stay within the Blackberry family of phones now. Let me know if you still need some writers!

Thanks!

Crystall
    Ummm FYI Most of these names were already stated by other members in previous posts... the few i took the liberty of pointing out were identical in the way they were spelled, all the others either had the word "News" added or instead of bb you spelled out Blackberry and vice-versa... not trying to be an A$$ but just figured id let you know... you may want to go back and read the previous posts so that other members dont thing your claiming the names they have already posted as your own...
    09-22-08 06:23 PM
    So, this mag is a "go" then. I am still rather dubious about the whole thing; however, I look forward to seeing this in print. Keep us posted Ned.
    09-22-08 06:40 PM
    Ummm FYI Most of these names were already stated by other members in previous posts... the few i took the liberty of pointing out were identical in the way they were spelled, all the others either had the word "News" added or instead of bb you spelled out Blackberry and vice-versa... not trying to be an A$$ but just figured id let you know... you may want to go back and read the previous posts so that other members dont thing your claiming the names they have already posted as your own...

yeah just throwing ideas around.
    09-22-08 06:52 PM
    yeah just throwing ideas around.
    Cool...just wanted to let ya kno...
    09-22-08 06:58 PM
    Abso-freakin-lutely......without a doubt I would subscribe! I too enjoy cb.com but would love to have it on paper to drag around for the those long trips without my laptop...
    09-22-08 08:40 PM
    Of course I would read it. I would like to see accessories and the latest news.

09-22-08 10:01 PM
    I voted yes. I would like to see some humor also. A blackberry cartoon would be nice.
    09-22-08 11:03 PM
    Heck YES I'd subscribe!

I'd like to see tips & tricks, new software/apps, games, themes and reviews. And of course new Berrys. A Q and A area would be cool too. People will never stop having questions about their phones and it would be cool to have a place for them to be asked and answered- all in one place. Like here, but without the searching. :-) It would be good reference material.

What an excellent idea!

09-23-08 07:09 AM
    So is this still a go? I would love to get one!!
    11-12-08 10:57 AM
    Yes absolutely!

11-12-08 11:02 AM
    I would definitely subscribe, but only if an e-zine version were available. I'd like to see info specific to BES Admins.
    11-12-08 11:03 AM
    Yes if there is an international version
    11-12-08 11:43 AM
    Yes I would

11-12-08 12:09 PM
    sure, as long as you don't sell my address to other companies.
    11-12-08 12:32 PM
    I would subscribe. If I was happy with it, I might even renew. :-)

I think your challenge will be appealing to an audience that ranges from a teenager who just got his first BB yesterday to the corporate IT guy who wants to do something unusual with his BES server. I would need to see one article per issue that really grabbed my attention in each issue to maintain interest.

If you can satisfy that broad an audience, you'll have a winner.

11-12-08 12:57 PM
    fo sho.............
    11-12-08 01:29 PM
    Sure...when is the first issue coming out?

11-12-08 05:24 PM
    Heck yeah! I think its a good idea & you have received great ideas for content.
    11-12-08 05:30 PM
    Yes send it now!!!!!
    11-12-08 05:33 PM
    I would absolutely give it a try!

11-12-08 07:24 PM
204 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD