View Poll Results: How useful would it be to have BB Video Tutorials on a MicroSD card in your device?

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very useful - This would be �way cool� and very helpful

150 46.15%
  • Not sure � I�m not sure if I would use them

130 40.00%
  • Not useful at all - I don�t think I would ever watch them

45 13.85%
    on the computer, than you switch back and forth from mac or pc to bb. Sounds great either way. I need all the help I can get!
    07-17-08 09:10 PM
    ditto ! exactly!
    I don't like the idea of having video tutorials come on the device. I think a better option would be if the carriers included a DVD with the video tutorials on it in the packaging of all new devices. That way it's there if you need it, but there's nothing to uninstall/delete from device memory.

That is, unless they want to store them on an 8GB media card and include that in the packaging, free of charge.
    07-17-08 09:12 PM
    i've yet to read the book or use the disk 3 months later so.....eh?
    07-17-08 09:16 PM
    Sometimes I think the stage of being a beginner BB user can last a long time! Having access to that information would have been wonderful. Probably still would be but I agree that I wouldn't want it eating up my memory either. Perhaps as discs?
    Diana
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 09:23 PM
    i am winning this one
    07-17-08 11:11 PM
    That would be great I think to have video tutorials on your blackberry, especially those new to blackberry. Visuals can sometimes fair better in getting across a point rather than reading up on it. This idea would be great as long as the statement of the videos not being on the device memory is true, that space is precious.
    07-17-08 11:42 PM
    I think it's a great idea. Helps lessen the learning curve for a lot of newbies and a refresher for others.
    07-17-08 11:45 PM
    I would love it if my carrier pre-loaded Video Tutorials and they came with my BlackBerry� because being a new user like I am, I still have a lot of questions about the device. It would be nice and easy to view tutorials right on my device rather than the flash demos on blackberry.com. I am not always near a computer and to have them pre-loaded would be a huge convenience for anyone that is a new user like myself!

Rich
    Dubble6s

THE CONTEST:

TO ENTER INTO THE CONTEST, SIMPLY VOTE ON THE POLL ABOVE!!!!

Prizes Up for Grabs:
    in celebration of our Summer Savings we are giving away the following:

Grand prize -
    a full year license to the Video Library
    First prize - two winners get a copy of an EBook of their choice
    Second prize - three winners get a 7 day license to the video library

BEST YET... Everyone wins and gets two free days access to the BBMS video library on July 26 and July 27

and if you want to go the extra mile, on this forum post, comment on this thought.... I would love it if my carrier pre-loaded Video Tutorials and they came with my BlackBerry�
    07-18-08 02:30 AM
    If someone bought the device the instructional video on how to get the best use out of the product should be included not pay extra for.
    07-18-08 09:24 AM
    I love the tutorials. Having them on a card would be even better!
    07-18-08 11:15 AM
    I think it would be great if that were an option when purchasing . A first time BB owner would probably jump at the chance for "how to"!
    07-19-08 02:40 AM
    I'm still pretty new; so I'd probably get some value out of this idea. Especially as I'd be able to read them while waiting for an appointment or other such time wasters.

I've already learned so much from this forum though; that I'm not really sure I'd get too much more value from a microSD version.
    07-19-08 08:46 AM
    I think it would be great if there was a dvd to watch. I like having the pictures to see if Im doing it right. Then again, I could just come here and search the forums.
    07-19-08 02:33 PM
    i think it would be helpful to all the new users
    07-20-08 12:35 PM
    But yet it took weeks to figure this thing out! Maybe too much "fun" and yes, I think easy-to-use tutorials would be great!
    07-20-08 02:22 PM
    I think videos would be great to have. But, to be honest, they would have to be done EXTREMELY well and thorough. Why? Because there is a WEALTH of information available on the internet. Specifically, here.

On top of that, BlackBerries are power devices mainly for power users. There are just not that many people who are Crackberry addicts that need videos. I don't think anyway.

So ultimately, if you're going to include videos, they don't need to be on the device. An included DVD would be great as has already been suggested.

I mean no disrespect to BlackBerryMadSimple at all, I'm just being honest.

Brandon
    07-21-08 04:01 AM
    This would be very helpful for us techies as well as our user base.
    07-21-08 05:35 AM
    I would probably not use them now as I have a pretty good(not a master by any means) handle on what my bb can and can't do. For someone that is new to bb they would probably be quite helpful though, that is if they have never heard of cb.com. ( There are people that haven't heard of CB? You have got to be kidding!!!!)
    07-21-08 06:00 AM
    Me personally, I probably wouldn't watch the tutorials but I do like the idea and the fact that it could help someone starting out with using there BB.
    07-21-08 07:22 AM
    I used to think i knew everything there is know about my blackberry but with a ton of posts on the forums and more i know it has endless possibilities! I would love to have the vids on an SD Card but I would also like to be able to have them updated routinely, for new tips and tricks and guides!
    07-21-08 08:07 AM
    I think that it would be useful to have videos included... I wouldn't mind getting the memory card included in the package either. Not sure how much I'd use them. I like to play around and learn how to use the phone myself. But it's always good to have tips to fall back on when you can't figure it out.
    07-21-08 09:45 AM
    I think it would be great to have the videos on an SD card. As a relatively new user it would be an invaluable asset to have with you.
    07-21-08 09:59 AM
    I think this would be a great idea for beginners.
    07-21-08 10:47 AM
    I think it would be a great idea. But make them removable so after you learn all the info, you can delete and free up memory.
    Im all for it.
    07-21-08 11:41 AM
    I think it would cool as long as it is on the card and not to big of a file size.
    I voted cool
    07-21-08 12:09 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD