We needed music for a presentation today. It was mp3 on a cd that we've used in the past, but the cd player was broken. I suggested to my colleague that we move it onto a phone and plug it into our system. He said he couldn't do it on his phone without connecting to iTunes which was impossible given the terrible reception in our building. So we moved the files onto our network, then onto my Z10. Easy. Granted, we could have used a laptop, but it was not a good solution.
    Now, at home, I've thrown the music onto my old Storm 2 and I'll use it as a back up.

Just thought I'd shared another good news BlackBerry story.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:14 PM
    That is awesome! It really is great device and I wish more people would give it a chance. Thanks for sharing!
    moody likes this.
    10-31-13 06:39 PM
    My Z10 makes my job easier everyday.....

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    10-31-13 06:40 PM
    I have to say I've had my Z10 since the first day it was introduced and I've played with the new Z30 and we'll can't really say I'm in a rush to upgrade I really enjoy this phone, like seriously what can't it do.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:51 PM
    I have to say I've had my Z10 since the first day it was introduced and I've played with the new Z30 and we'll can't really say I'm in a rush to upgrade I really enjoy this phone, like seriously what can't it do.

Posted via CB10
    I was considering the Z30; it would be nice to have some of the features not available on the Z10, but overall the Z10 really does offer an amazing user experience and makes it easy to do many things.
    10-31-13 07:46 PM
    At my work the wannabe hip people use ipads to do presentations on TVs. They connect to the pad with 1 cable, convert this cable with a 2nd cable then finally convert this into a TV compatible cable. Not me.
    I simply connect my Q10 to the TV via a standard HDMI cable and run the show from there. After the show I just unplug and slide the Q10 back in my backpocket :-D
    (oh, remember to act surprised when people tell u that their phone cant use HDMI)

Using Q10
    10-31-13 10:14 PM
    So as far as this hole mirror cast thing goes, people are making a big deal about. First off am I correct in saying if u don't have one of the most up-to-date smart tvs chances at will not work on mirror cast to start with anyway correct. Second is there no way to use wifi or blue tooth to stream from Z to a TV. Live my Z more every day.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:49 AM
    At my work the wannabe hip people use ipads to do presentations on TVs. They connect to the pad with 1 cable, convert this cable with a 2nd cable then finally convert this into a TV compatible cable. Not me.
    I simply connect my Q10 to the TV via a standard HDMI cable and run the show from there. After the show I just unplug and slide the Q10 back in my backpocket :-D
    (oh, remember to act surprised when people tell u that their phone cant use HDMI)

Using Q10
    People are "Wannabe Hip" if they own an iPad? What are people that bought a playbook? Oh yeah, SUCKERS.
    11-01-13 09:07 AM
    People are "Wannabe Hip" if they own an iPad? What are people that bought a playbook? Oh yeah, SUCKERS.
    That wasn't his point.

Secondly, Playbook also has an mini HDMI
    11-01-13 09:27 AM
    So as far as this hole mirror cast thing goes, people are making a big deal about. First off am I correct in saying if u don't have one of the most up-to-date smart tvs chances at will not work on mirror cast to start with anyway correct.
    No, you can use a miracast receiver on almost any TV. I may go this route if I can get a Z30. Would like to do away with running the HDMI cable to my phone. Now that my phone is getting an ever increasing amount of content worth playing on a big screen, wireless is becoming attractive.
    11-01-13 09:31 AM
    Hmm cause from what i was told u need a smart TV in order for this function to work?? So my 6 year old plasma Samsung TV will work with a Z30 or Q10 then..... now I'm thinking.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:44 PM
    Just do a search for Miracast receiver or dongle.
    11-01-13 10:13 PM
    Will do cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:05 PM
    Same here!
    Well it wasn't my job but a friend of mine had to correct her curriculum vitae and Windows PC couldn't open the.docx file, servers were down so no way to update Office. I offered to do it as soon as i'd get home but then i just thought to do it with my Q10. It took me less than 4 minutes to send it back to her.
    I would have never tried with my iphone as i never liked handling documents on iOS.
    Q10 is really a great tool and multitasking is so fluid and efficient that it's a real pleasure using it!
    And to say that some think Blackberry is dead... why don't they just try it instead of jumping on the bandwagon ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 11-03-13 at 07:46 AM.
    11-02-13 08:01 PM
    You could also buy a dlna dongle/receiver for the z10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:17 PM
    And to say that some think Blackberry is dead... why don't they just try it instead of jumping on the bandwagon ?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:45 PM
    Clearly the guy with the iPhone had no idea how to use his phone. I don't need iTunes for anything unless I want to sync my iPhoto libraries or custom movies I've ripped.
    11-03-13 07:00 AM
    Clearly the guy with the iPhone had no idea how to use his phone. I don't need iTunes for anything unless I want to sync my iPhoto libraries or custom movies I've ripped.
    How would he transfer the mp3 files from the cd to his iPhone? I ask not to be argumentative but to learn.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:34 AM
    I downloaded a ring tone to my Z10 and assigned it to my wife in contacts. My wife heard it and liked it, so she downloaded it. She didn't see a way to add it as a ring tone, and a little frustrated, wound up going to her laptop and importing it through iTunes. She is just a casual user - doesn't claim to be an expert, but is there another way she could have done that?
    11-03-13 09:49 AM
    I downloaded a ring tone to my Z10 and assigned it to my wife in contacts. My wife heard it and liked it, so she downloaded it. She didn't see a way to add it as a ring tone, and a little frustrated, wound up going to her laptop and importing it through iTunes. She is just a casual user - doesn't claim to be an expert, but is there another way she could have done that?
    Honestly, since my wife has had her iPhone, I find it missing in quite a few areas. Things that, if missing from BB handsets, would prompt posts of "Last years hardware", or "All modern OS's should be able to..." .

For instance, I was surprised the first time we tried to do a simple Bluetooth file transfer. Something that we used to do all the time even on her old Sony Ericsson phone. Her iPhone (4S) did not support this out of the box.
    And we were both very surprised to see that the iPhone picture viewer could not even give the simple file properties of a picture - like date, resolution, etc.. You need a third party app for that.
    On the other hand, there are many things the phone is good at, and of course it has every app.
    11-03-13 10:03 AM