Hello all. Just received a Blackberry curve 8530 and for some reason the icon will not show up on my MAC desktop. Tried shutting down the device while having it connected to the computer, but nada. Any sugs? Thanks for you time. Go Hawks!!
    02-04-11 11:11 PM
    Did you enable Mass Storage mode on the device? Is there a media card in the device?

Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support > On
    02-04-11 11:59 PM
    Is desktop manager even compatible with mac? I thought you needed to run bootcamp in order for DM to function on a mac, I could be wrong any mac users out there?
    02-05-11 12:14 AM
    Is desktop manager even compatible with mac? I thought you needed to run bootcamp in order for DM to function on a mac, I could be wrong any mac users out there?
    YES.. i'm using it right now. i have a 2008 macbook PRO penryn edition.
    02-05-11 12:17 AM
    Yes DM works fine on mac, have you downloaded that? I have a mac and my BB 9630 works fine with it and is always recognized even when it is shut off
    02-05-11 12:22 AM
    I apologize. I thought that the OP had already downloaded DM for the Mac.
    02-05-11 12:57 AM
    It will always treat it as being in Mass Storage mode on a Mac. However, at the same time, you can utilize the BlackBerry Desktop Manager functions. You do not need BootCamp either for it, or WINE (which apparently works on Mac now). Remember to input your password if there is one on your BlackBerry.
    02-05-11 05:27 AM
    Once you've downloaded the Mac version of Desktop Manager, there's an option there to launch the DM everytime you connect the blackberry. That's what i've done. then you will see two icons appear in your desktop.. Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2.
    the reason there are two icons is this... the other one is for mass storage.
    Where you can drag and drop music, video, files etc
    02-05-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD