There's an increasing polarisation of opinion when it comes to BlackBerry. Even here on CrackBerry there's a growing divide between those who are pro-BlackBerry and those who are anti-BlackBerry. But what is causing this? Is it the action of BlackBerry themselves? Is it a result of undelivered promises?

I believe it is simply this: People make a choice to be negative.

Once you choose to be critical, to be negative, this frames your entire perspective. Everything is filtered through the lens of our perspective and it's our mental choices that determine the light in which we see things.

If you choose to think negatively, you'll never be satisfied. Every new release that BlackBerry brings won't be enough. Rather than celebrating the improvements they do bring, you'll criticise those they left out. It's a mindset - a choice you make and it defines your perspective. This very perspective means that you can look at the exact same thing as another person, yet react in totally different ways. Not only that, but it frames all news - both good and bad, through this filter.

One who chooses to think negatively will see BlackBerry's failures. The broken promises. The features and apps that were never realised. They will frame their opinions and more importantly, expectations around this mindset. They choose to see BlackBerry in a negative light. Every new product will be framed through a negative perspective. Every new business decision, every new partnership, every media release will be cast in a negative night. It not only corrupts your views of the company, but it begins to corrupt your very heart. You begin to focus on negative things and miss the positive which accompanies it.

One who chooses to think positively will see BlackBerry's successes. Yes, they will acknowledge the shortfalls, but also the wins. The massive effort of bringing BB10 to market. The effort gone into hardware design and production. The amazing task of launching BBM cross platform. The ongoing constant updates and OS releases. It's choosing to see the positives, the successes. It's a mindset, a mental choice to remain positive and appreciate the good - while acknowledging the bad. It's looking at the whole scope of information to see both the negative and the positive in everything - and it's good for the heart and soul.

You see, perspective means looking at the same source of information - yet filtering it in different ways. I can make a choice to see the negative, or I can choose to balance this out with positive. There's rarely only one side to a story - it's often our own will that chooses to only see one side.

Living positively absolutely changes everything. It makes you happier and less irritable. It helps you keep things in perspective and balance. It teaches you to appreciate the good things that we do have and it makes us more encouraging people to those around us. It causes us to be thankful and it brings excitement when good news is presented. It simply makes life better - for us all.

So here's the challenge.

Make a point of consciously monitoring your own attitudes and perspective - not just when it comes to BlackBerry, but for all things. Then, if you recognise in yourself a tendency to dwell on the negative, make it a goal to focus on gratitude and positivity. Do this intentionally for a week and see what difference it makes. Make the choice to be positive.

After all, your choices define your perspective.
    Anthony_2u, Fnen90 and russmov like this.
    10-27-13 12:53 AM
    Interesting points. They do make sense though!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-27-13 12:55 AM
    I'm sorry but I find this irrational. NOT in a general life sense - here we would agree, but within the context of analyzing a consumer tech choice, a business, an industry, a corporate product, corporate behavior, financials, and stock - this is utterly asinine.

If you are strictly saying: does the product/event/behavior, make ME, PERSONALLY, happy. Am I PERSONALLY satisfied with whatever happened, then indeed, the choice IS yours, it IS totally subjective, and it is up to you. Of course, if that's the case, you are really interested in DISCUSSION, you've already predetermined how you will view the outcome - positively.

If however, you are giving an opinion in any of the other contexts I mentioned above, possibly also as a prognosticator of what is to come, then one does not become the end-all be-all decider of outcome. Rather, results external to you, bring validation to one's opinion.

In more concrete terms, one could be "positive" for the entire last year....in fact, many were....and here we are. Were their judgments and opinions as valid as others who judged BB lacking? No. They most certainly were not. You could say: well, my positive opinions, while not based on reality, and completely erroneous in regard to the actual outcome, made me happy - and that is fine! What you cannot say is: my opinions were just as "valid" as those who predicted a "negative" outcome for BB

If you are honest, you quite frankly would have to admit: I chose to live in a delusional positivity bubble about BB, and though it made me happy at the time (and perhaps even now), I was totally wrong about the outcome - I hope my advocating of such a position did not harm anyone else.

You may well be right, some may be happier living in such a world even now, at the end of BB as we knew it. That is fine - as long as they don't portray it as reality, and encourage others to act on that reality. We have many, many, many examples of people who acted on it, and as a result have lost money. Others may have lost credibility. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying now: I don't care what happens to BB, BB10, or the phones....I will just be happy and always see a positive to it.....that is no problem, and more power to them - I have liked posts like that. What you can't do is recommend anyone act on those delusions, nor get angry at those who choose not to do so. In fact, when it comes to actions, i'd encourage people to take a much more realistic perspective. eg. I have said many times, if you understand that bb10 as a platform is done, and that bb as a mobile phone company may well not exist shortly - and you still want to buy a BB phone, then by all means DO!!!! It is perfectly valid to do so!! Just make sure you understand why you are doing it, and what you can expect.

Where your thesis ultimately becomes contradictory is that you encourage acknowledgment of positive and negative but then advocate a choice to see everything positively. You in effect have said: people may be predisposed to viewing this positively or negatively (I agree...and not all reasons for this alignment are invalid, in fact, it shows basic 'learning' ). Now, I would advise people to be aware of this, and then filter their ultimate judgment through the lens of thoughtfully applied objectivity and emotional constraint - that i feel is the goal when analyzing these kinds of matters (affairs of the heart may differ). YOU however, advocate that people commit themselves to a positive bias!! I think this very misguided.

I STRONGLY advise nobody follow such rubish when it comes to consumer products, financials, or stocks!!! I cannot emphasize that ENOUGH! You can if you choose to.....but at least have the decency not to whine about it later then when things go poorly, in the fact of what was ....well you can't get stronger "warning" signs than BB has....it's way beyond warning....LOL. All the executives, and top investors have been planning their exit for some time...to the point where people deeply resent it - and wish to sue them! I strongly suggest the average person take that into account when planning their behavior regarding BB.

You can talk "positivity" all you want, but when that guru comes up to you with the special juice, and tells you to focus on the positive, i strongly suggest you take a step back, and think about what the real outcome is likely to be!

Want to see things through positive colored glasses? Save it for your family, your friends, your pets, the little things in your life, even reaching out to strangers....but temper it with realism, protect yourself, and DON'T waste it on corporations or loyalty to technology companies.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-27-13 01:49 AM
    OP, though I agree with you that attitude shapes a person's life and there are many people in the world who do nothing but complain and blame, there are also many of here who are not choosing to be negative for negative's sake.

In fact, I wouldn't even call people like myself negative in regards to BBRY. We're simply holding up the mirror and shouting, "Hey, BBRY! WTF? Don't you see what we see? Are you hearing what we're hearing? Do YOU even believe what you're telling us anymore?!"

As Dr. Robert Anthony said, "There's positive thinking, negative thinking, and then there's the right thinking." One makes you feel good, one brings you down, the other gets you the results you want.

The question I have for you OP is why do you feel the need to defend or justify BBRY or shift focus on those who have the opinions they have?
    10-27-13 02:46 AM
    There's an increasing polarisation of opinion when it comes to BlackBerry. Even here on CrackBerry there's a growing divide between those who are pro-BlackBerry and those who are anti-BlackBerry. But what is causing this? Is it the action of BlackBerry themselves? Is it a result of undelivered promises?

I believe it is simply this: People make a choice to be negative.

Once you choose to be critical, to be negative, this frames your entire perspective. Everything is filtered through the lens of our perspective and it's our mental choices that determine the light in which we see things.

If you choose to think negatively, you'll never be satisfied. Every new release that BlackBerry brings won't be enough. Rather than celebrating the improvements they do bring, you'll criticise those they left out. It's a mindset - a choice you make and it defines your perspective. This very perspective means that you can look at the exact same thing as another person, yet react in totally different ways. Not only that, but it frames all news - both good and bad, through this filter.

One who chooses to think negatively will see BlackBerry's failures. The broken promises. The features and apps that were never realised. They will frame their opinions and more importantly, expectations around this mindset. They choose to see BlackBerry in a negative light. Every new product will be framed through a negative perspective. Every new business decision, every new partnership, every media release will be cast in a negative night. It not only corrupts your views of the company, but it begins to corrupt your very heart. You begin to focus on negative things and miss the positive which accompanies it.

One who chooses to think positively will see BlackBerry's successes. Yes, they will acknowledge the shortfalls, but also the wins. The massive effort of bringing BB10 to market. The effort gone into hardware design and production. The amazing task of launching BBM cross platform. The ongoing constant updates and OS releases. It's choosing to see the positives, the successes. It's a mindset, a mental choice to remain positive and appreciate the good - while acknowledging the bad. It's looking at the whole scope of information to see both the negative and the positive in everything - and it's good for the heart and soul.

You see, perspective means looking at the same source of information - yet filtering it in different ways. I can make a choice to see the negative, or I can choose to balance this out with positive. There's rarely only one side to a story - it's often our own will that chooses to only see one side.

Living positively absolutely changes everything. It makes you happier and less irritable. It helps you keep things in perspective and balance. It teaches you to appreciate the good things that we do have and it makes us more encouraging people to those around us. It causes us to be thankful and it brings excitement when good news is presented. It simply makes life better - for us all.

So here's the challenge.

Make a point of consciously monitoring your own attitudes and perspective - not just when it comes to BlackBerry, but for all things. Then, if you recognise in yourself a tendency to dwell on the negative, make it a goal to focus on gratitude and positivity. Do this intentionally for a week and see what difference it makes. Make the choice to be positive.

After all, your choices define your perspective.
    I could not have said it better myself, this is very true and only when you realize it is a choice, then you will see this as a fact and not a false statement. Sadly those people who have a negative mindset will not agree. Happiness is also a choice, other people cannot make you happy it is all up to you to have the positive mindset and see the good around you & not focus on the bad, after you do this happiness will fill your heart. So don't try to convince negative people as you will not get through to them they have to make the choice themselves. Get it together

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    10-27-13 03:35 AM
    I'm sorry but I find this irrational. NOT in a general life sense - here we would agree, but within the context of analyzing a consumer tech choice, a business, an industry, a corporate product, corporate behavior, financials, and stock - this is utterly asinine.

If you are strictly saying: does the product/event/behavior, make ME, PERSONALLY, happy. Am I PERSONALLY satisfied with whatever happened, then indeed, the choice IS yours, it IS totally subjective, and it is up to you. Of course, if that's the case, you are really interested in DISCUSSION, you've already predetermined how you will view the outcome - positively.

If however, you are giving an opinion in any of the other contexts I mentioned above, possibly also as a prognosticator of what is to come, then one does not become the end-all be-all decider of outcome. Rather, results external to you, bring validation to one's opinion.

In more concrete terms, one could be "positive" for the entire last year....in fact, many were....and here we are. Were their judgments and opinions as valid as others who judged BB lacking? No. They most certainly were not. You could say: well, my positive opinions, while not based on reality, and completely erroneous in regard to the actual outcome, made me happy - and that is fine! What you cannot say is: my opinions were just as "valid" as those who predicted a "negative" outcome for BB

If you are honest, you quite frankly would have to admit: I chose to live in a delusional positivity bubble about BB, and though it made me happy at the time (and perhaps even now), I was totally wrong about the outcome - I hope my advocating of such a position did not harm anyone else.

You may well be right, some may be happier living in such a world even now, at the end of BB as we knew it. That is fine - as long as they don't portray it as reality, and encourage others to act on that reality. We have many, many, many examples of people who acted on it, and as a result have lost money. Others may have lost credibility. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying now: I don't care what happens to BB, BB10, or the phones....I will just be happy and always see a positive to it.....that is no problem, and more power to them - I have liked posts like that. What you can't do is recommend anyone act on those delusions, nor get angry at those who choose not to do so. In fact, when it comes to actions, i'd encourage people to take a much more realistic perspective. eg. I have said many times, if you understand that bb10 as a platform is done, and that bb as a mobile phone company may well not exist shortly - and you still want to buy a BB phone, then by all means DO!!!! It is perfectly valid to do so!! Just make sure you understand why you are doing it, and what you can expect.

Where your thesis ultimately becomes contradictory is that you encourage acknowledgment of positive and negative but then advocate a choice to see everything positively. You in effect have said: people may be predisposed to viewing this positively or negatively (I agree...and not all reasons for this alignment are invalid, in fact, it shows basic 'learning' ). Now, I would advise people to be aware of this, and then filter their ultimate judgment through the lens of thoughtfully applied objectivity and emotional constraint - that i feel is the goal when analyzing these kinds of matters (affairs of the heart may differ). YOU however, advocate that people commit themselves to a positive bias!! I think this very misguided.

I STRONGLY advise nobody follow such rubish when it comes to consumer products, financials, or stocks!!! I cannot emphasize that ENOUGH! You can if you choose to.....but at least have the decency not to whine about it later then when things go poorly, in the fact of what was ....well you can't get stronger "warning" signs than BB has....it's way beyond warning....LOL. All the executives, and top investors have been planning their exit for some time...to the point where people deeply resent it - and wish to sue them! I strongly suggest the average person take that into account when planning their behavior regarding BB.

You can talk "positivity" all you want, but when that guru comes up to you with the special juice, and tells you to focus on the positive, i strongly suggest you take a step back, and think about what the real outcome is likely to be!

Want to see things through positive colored glasses? Save it for your family, your friends, your pets, the little things in your life, even reaching out to strangers....but temper it with realism, protect yourself, and DON'T waste it on corporations or loyalty to technology companies.
    IRRATIONAL? Wow you must be really upset at the world or yourself, count to 10 and take some very deep breaths. The guy is not saying to everyone start supporting blackberry and go out and buy all the blackberry devices you can or cannot afford. You seem to be educated from what I read on your post. Can you please use some of that education and reread the first post thoroughly and really take it in so that you may understand it. Whatever it is that you are angry about I believe you shall overcome and in the meantime do not take out your frustrations on other people because they are giving people another perspective on life. This is very simple are you ready for it...if you are unhappy with blackberry or rim whichever name you prefer then go get an android phone or an iOS device. That's very simple right guys and please don't waste your time responding as I am done and am moving to the next thread. thank you for your time and have a wonderful day or night (whatever)
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    10-28-13 05:20 AM
    10-28-13 06:42 AM

Why do u even reply if you are satisfied? Just be...don't hate lime he is saying...wow. lol
    10-28-13 08:25 AM
    Um, it's just a phone...sorry, mobile device. I made the choice to purchase a Z10 because of my past experiences with other Blackberry phones...sorry mobile devices. I've been happy with my selection of a ph... sorry, a mobile device. I try not to think much more in to it than that.

Simple is better. It also allows me to make short postings.
    10-28-13 04:01 PM