"If you�ve ever been in a bad relationship that lasted way too long, you�ve probably dealt with the sunk-cost fallacy. You invest in something, and however unpleasant it unfolds, you still hate to pull out because that would mean it was all for naught."

I saw this article and had to chuckle.

The Cognitive Biases That Lead to Bad Money Decisions
    Bbnivende and Stelios Gnd like this.
    05-22-16 07:22 AM
    All of my BlackBerry devices (as well as the ones my kids have and are using) are serving us well. My son's Leap is going strong, my Z10 is with my MIL, my Classic is our backup and my Priv is doing a bang up job of keeping up with my work and life demands. I was also able to sell my Q10 and other Z10 for decent profits since they were gathering dust.

The devices added value to our lives as reliable communication and productivity devices. Just because the OS did not catch on, and I blame the bulk of that to lack of education and marketing on behalf of Chen, doesn't mean the devices were bad purchases. If they have served their purpose then they are assets to the users.

Posted via my Priv
    TCB on Z10 and Stelios Gnd like this.
    05-22-16 08:43 AM
    All 64000 + BlackBerry 10 devices, have served us extremely well. We will NOT be making the switch to Android. I believe that OP isn't aware of the Corporate clients who still use BlackBerry 10.and even BBOS If there is no continued support, we will switch to IOS, which has been under test for our needs for sometime now. We are still not satisfied with that device. As for OP's comment, the same could be said for the "mass market users" Not knowing the best OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 05-22-16 at 12:20 PM.
    AluminiumRims likes this.
    05-22-16 12:07 PM
    I dunno about this one. I have bought a dozen BlackBerry 10 phones, most at fire sale prices. They all work great and have yet to sink a penny in repairs. My BlackBerry experience has been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and skstrials like this.
    05-22-16 12:16 PM
    I have had several OS10 devices since the OS launched and I have yet to have any major hardware issues, except for the early restart issues on my z10, I have had excellent relationship with the brand.

I switch to IOS and Android not because of any hardware or software issues with OS10, I have apps that my clients require me to use that only work on IOS and Android otherwise I would still have my passport.
    05-22-16 02:35 PM
    I'm still totally hawt for BlackBerry but not for John Chen, he's not my type
    05-22-16 02:49 PM
    When it announced that the Facebook app for BB10 was soon EOL, I became angry. And started looking at the Priv more and Android in general. But the more I read about the Priv, and Android in general, the more it seems that the advantage of all those apps is the disadvantage. Everything seems fragmented. Bedside mode? Not so much. USB mass storage? Kinda. Integrated file manager? Sorry. And the hub on Priv is a good attempt but not quite there.

I'll probably get a Priv once the price comes down because it's only a matter of time before BB10 is EOL and more apps stop working. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    05-22-16 10:25 PM
    When it announced that the Facebook app for BB10 was soon EOL, I became angry. And started looking at the Priv more and Android in general. But the more I read about the Priv, and Android in general, the more it seems that the advantage of all those apps is the disadvantage. Everything seems fragmented. Bedside mode? Not so much. USB mass storage? Kinda. Integrated file manager? Sorry. And the hub on Priv is a good attempt but not quite there.

I'll probably get a Priv once the price comes down because it's only a matter of time before BB10 is EOL and more apps stop working. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Posted via CB10
    I love my Priv but u are so on point on a lot of these.

Posted via my Priv
    gebco likes this.
    05-23-16 07:15 AM
    Whatever happens to BB10 or BlackBerry won't make me think that it was all for nothing for me. My GF and I enjoyed our Curve 9220's then, we also enjoyed our Z10's (until mine broke), and I can say that I've been enjoying my Passport for a year and a half now.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 08:06 AM
    Back to feature phones I will go if BlackBerry disappears.

I hate massive all-touch phones.
    05-23-16 08:20 AM
    Back to feature phones I will go if BlackBerry disappears.

I hate massive all-touch phones.
    MicroSoft is coming out with 6 inch Surface Pro Phone with built in stand and it also has a keyboard in 2017, That look interesting to me., looks like a mini Surface Pro with touch pressure sensitivity. Never thought I'd hear myself talking about a MS phone but it looked cool, full touch screen with separate keyboard.
    05-23-16 09:01 AM
    MicroSoft is coming out with 6 inch Surface Pro Phone with built in stand and it also has a keyboard in 2017, That look interesting to me., looks like a mini Surface Pro with touch pressure sensitivity. Never thought I'd hear myself talking about a MS phone but it looked cool, full touch screen with separate keyboard.
    If MS make a good QWERTY device, there's no reason not to switch to them.
    05-23-16 09:14 AM
    All 64000 + BlackBerry 10 devices, have served us extremely well. We will NOT be making the switch to Android. I believe that OP isn't aware of the Corporate clients who still use BlackBerry 10.and even BBOS If there is no continued support, we will switch to IOS, which has been under test for our needs for sometime now. We are still not satisfied with that device. As for OP's comment, the same could be said for the "mass market users" Not knowing the best OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    I know a few companies still using BBOS... iOS is also the direction they are heading.

For most it has more to do with dealing with one vendor for both the OS and the hardware and knowing that the device will be supported for years to come. Something that no Android OEM has offered to guarantee. Nexus devices are the best Android solution, but they aren't supported by carriers (can't get then in bulk at a discount or even for free).

MS.... if they will just get their act together.
    05-23-16 09:34 AM
    I know a few companies still using BBOS... iOS is also the direction they are heading.

For most it has more to do with dealing with one vendor for both the OS and the hardware and knowing that the device will be supported for years to come. Something that no Android OEM has offered to guarantee. Nexus devices are the best Android solution, but they aren't supported by carriers (can't get then in bulk at a discount or even for free).

MS.... if they will just get their act together.
    Nexus devices are supported by carriers. In Canada, Telus and Bell carry them and in europe also. It is US carriers that don't carry nexus devices.
    05-23-16 10:51 AM
    When it announced that the Facebook app for BB10 was soon EOL, I became angry.
    When I allowed the FB "update" to remove the app from my phone, it was no big loss as I had already moved the icon to the last page and had replaced it with a web shortcut. Losing the FB notifications from the hub has increased my productivity. I no longer find myself picking up the phone every time the green LED starts blinking (the color I had assigned to FB.)

I do love BB10 and my Z30, though I do get where OP is going with the post. At times it kind of does feel like you're in a relationship with the hot but crazy chick that is only marginally functional in day-to-day life but makes up for it in other ways. I'm happy regardless.

Richard
    05-23-16 01:23 PM
    I have an abacus. It works just as great as the day I bought it. I've set my sights a bit higher
    05-23-16 03:30 PM
    When I allowed the FB "update" to remove the app from my phone, it was no big loss as I had already moved the icon to the last page and had replaced it with a web shortcut. Losing the FB notifications from the hub has increased my productivity. I no longer find myself picking up the phone every time the green LED starts blinking (the color I had assigned to FB.)

I do love BB10 and my Z30, though I do get where OP is going with the post. At times it kind of does feel like you're in a relationship with the hot but crazy chick that is only marginally functional in day-to-day life but makes up for it in other ways. I'm happy regardless.

Richard
    i kinda confused. if you know that your bb notification light is blinking green that you are getting a fb notification. and you find that fb is a distraction. then why check your phone in the first place.

I mean I don't care to much of fb notification and I get notified from my phone as well. but i don't bother with it since I know it is nothing more that just notification from fb.
    05-23-16 03:53 PM
    Nah, the article does not really apply to me.

I have been given a few Android devices myself. I did my best to get along with them, but it just was not going to work out with me.

I make full usage of BlackBerry hardware and the software with things like BlackBerry Blend, BlackBerry 10 specific apps that cannot be found else where, and the removable battery features of BlackBerry 10 phones.

Having said all this, the current BlackBerry 10 phones are close to two years old or more by now, so I would not spend more than $200 unlocked for a BlackBerry 10 phone if I had to buy another one.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skstrials; 05-24-16 at 06:17 PM.
    05-24-16 05:16 PM