This thread is starting to sound like it matters what everyone else thinks and what is cool. So if sh it becomes cool you'll all love that too.
    07-30-11 06:12 AM
    This thread is starting to sound like it matters what everyone else thinks and what is cool. So if sh it becomes cool you'll all love that too.

True, that!!! I love my BBerries...other platforms have their strengths but for me BB works best.
    In my work environment the BB is the only device in use. With the PB's recent certification for government use, BB is more relevant than ever, given it's got the only tablet we can use.
    In my world, BB is absolutely relevant.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-30-11 06:20 AM
    ... Combine that with the fact people get bullied for having a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone/Android (you try and explain why you chose that phone and you get called a blind fanboy) ... Personally, I think that the cool element of Android and iPhone, and to a lesser extent Windows Phone, is going to send RIM down because people will just not get a BlackBerry out of fear of being bullied big time for it ... I'm likely to get even more abuse with my next phone ...
    I can't believe some of the things I'm reading in this topic and on this forum. What are we in here, junior high?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 06:31 AM
    Ok I read the first couple of pages and then skimmed the rest cause I had to give my opinion. I truely don't think blackberry is failing or going under or is in danger. Like many have said bb is a world wide market. I remember reading a month or two ago they activated something like 3 million bb in the middle east in something like a couple days.

I believe all this blackberry is dead blah blah blah is just media hype. Every day I see plenty of people using blackberries. I work in a car audio shop so phones and my occupation go hand and hand with bluetooth and music. There are still plenty of people using blackberry that I see.

Also we are a boost mobile dealer and the curve is one of our most popular phones as will the style. We don't push blackberry but people come in asking for it. In fact we sell more curves than we do android.

Another thing I noticed and this was to my surprise is on occassion I have to do work on site in not so nice neighborhoods and as I drive around there the majority of phones I see are blackberries. I'm bot sure if low income is a target for rim but I'm shocked at the amount of blackberries I see in that area. I do know bbm is huge in those areas so that could be why.

07-30-11 06:50 AM
    And another thing I noticed when I talk to my friends who "jumped ship" from blackberry to iphone/android and I ask why, I usally get the same answere "the salesman". I don't think the salesman are pushing blackberry, but saying oh android and iphone are better(of course some 17 year old knows what's better for me than I do). I have seen this countless times when I worked at best buy. Almost made me want to be the supervisor for that department just so I can stop that mentality.

07-30-11 07:00 AM
    Well I think BB is very relevant, there are those who for some odd reason would like it otherwise, mostly these feelings are born out of fear of somekind. It seems to me that in this world of cloud computing everything security is paramount I think that alone makes BB even more relevant. Yes the Ostrich syndrome will take effect about now. As I for one am about to spend �500 + for my new BlackBerry torch slider, upgrade my wifes phone to a curve and daughter to a torch touch, I think that's relevant.
    07-30-11 07:09 AM
    In all honesty, I'm seeing BlackBerry losing relevance like mad. Of my 100 BBM contacts, 20 have already switched (must delete them at some point) and 78 of the remaining 80 are planning to drop BB as soon as they can. Combine that with the fact people get bullied for having a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone/Android (you try and explain why you chose that phone and you get called a blind fanboy, effectively saying that if RIM told me to shoot myself in the back of the head until I was dead that I would).

Personally, I think that the cool element of Android and iPhone, and to a lesser extent Windows Phone, is going to send RIM down because people will just not get a BlackBerry out of fear of being bullied big time for it. RIM must now market really well, and make those with Android and iPhone think "Oh, BlackBerry is cool again", make them jealous of the BlackBerry users (even if they have no reason to be).

I'm likely to get even more abuse with my next phone (either BlackBerry or webOS), but I've always been abused by randomers for every reason under the sun (including for doing my job as a tank in a random dungeon for which I queued as the tank) so I've got a thick skin with regards to it.
    You have irrevocably lost me.
    07-30-11 08:23 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD