Hi all,

I found this post on another website:

"Hello,

It has come to my attention that Unicode U+EBF8 is being used to define the BlackBerry logo when this text is viewed on BlackBerries: []

Viewing this thread on an OS 4.5+ device, using the new BBAlpha fonts, and [] shows up as the BlackBerry bullets logo. Or copy and paste into an email to BlackBerry.

Good for BlackBerry Messenger names such as "Marky" or in signatures in your PIN messages, to other means to make people ask, "How did you do that?"

Pretty neat tidbit, and thanks to WorldIRC for this one."
    Can someone dumb this down for me? I can't seem to figure it out. When I view the text on my blackberry, I can see the logo. I can't, however, seem to duplicate it. What I want to do is put the logo next to my bbm name, but I can't get it to work. I know nothing of Unicode. Thanks in advance.
    09-24-09 07:42 PM
    09-24-09 07:49 PM
    Or get the Fancy Character app... cheap and cool.
    09-24-09 07:53 PM
    Or do as I did and get someone who has tons of cool letters to send it over to you basically you copy , make a new auto text paste the symbol there voila

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:02 PM
    PIN me or add me to bbm, I have the list. And I added this as a autotext so I can do it whenever I want ? easy as that ?. Just pin me or add me.

09-24-09 08:14 PM
    Haha it did it as a ? In the forums. But its the logo. Anyway, copy the logo on ur phone, create a new autotext, and paste is in the "replace with" part and make it so bbb makes the symbol. Or whatever you want it to be.

09-24-09 08:15 PM
    I used to do the Copy/Paste method, but for a buck, Fancy Characters was worth it.
    Whatever works for ya
    09-24-09 08:20 PM
    Got it. Thanks everyone!
    09-25-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD