This has happened twice two me in the past week, my blackbery freezes and I can't do anything. I have to pull out the battery and put it back in to get it to start working again. Any ideas oh why this happens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 06:13 PM
    Options>status

Post what your file free memory is. You want it over 12mb
    02-23-09 06:14 PM
    Are you using the dreaded Facebook application?
    02-23-09 06:15 PM
    My file free is 9960868. And I do have facebook installed but I wasn't using it either time it froze.

02-23-09 06:17 PM
    That doesn't matter, have you experienced the fast battery drain, not receiving e-mails or notifications yet?
    02-23-09 06:18 PM
    Your file free is poor

Are you a heavy texter or save them all?

Things you can do are this

Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pics etc) to a media card also delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who hundreds of these will memory issues eventually.

Also can try to clear your browser cache as well as this. On your keypad hit alt and type lglg and clear the event log If you have too many themes or applications get rid of some etc etc. There are more but this is enough. Just basic housecleaning and you will never have an issue.

This thread will help you if you want to do more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

EDIT: As SD says facebook is notorious for causing this issue. Alot of folks use it with no issues while others will have nothing but problems.......
    02-23-09 06:19 PM
    Facebook usually is the culprit. It's a big memory hog even when you're not running it. The MySpace app is pretty similar too based on what I've read on here. Another memory hog is Viigo.
    02-23-09 06:23 PM
    Well I have facebook myspace and viigo installed. Ill try some of the other tips first before I start deleting things. Thanks for all the info I appreciate it.

02-23-09 06:28 PM
    Here's the deal with the FB application, one of the bugs is it will want to constantly update itself using all data communication at the time. That's why people aren't getting e-mails and notifications and the battery is getting hot and draining. The device is working way too hard for too long...
    02-23-09 06:29 PM
    As for Viigo, if you're running the latest version and set it to not run in the backround on close, it doesn't faze my device and I have a Pearl...
    02-23-09 06:30 PM
    Viigo has been resolved last I heard, I still wont use it but that is a personal thing. Facebook dogged my Curve badly to where if I had more than average apps or themes I would suffer memory wise, removing facebook resolved it for me but again others have no issues at all. If you want to try all the other things first before facebook go for it, you will be better off trying them anyhow. At least you know where to look if things do not resolve with these tips above........facebook

Peace

Trem
    02-23-09 06:34 PM
    hey i just upgraded a few days ago to 4.5os i now my battery wont hold a charge for more than a few hours wtf? help!!!
    02-23-09 06:38 PM
    hey i just upgraded a few days ago to 4.5os i now my battery wont hold a charge for more than a few hours wtf? help!!!
    Might be better off opening your own thread.......... Good luck
    02-23-09 06:41 PM
    So i deleted Voiigo and now my file free is 12617020, i did the alt lglg thing but when i got it opened up there was a big warning on the top so i was afraid if i did anything my phone would blow up or something.
    02-23-09 08:28 PM
    Just press menu >clear log. You'll be fine...
    02-23-09 08:32 PM
    Ignore the warning. Hit Clear then Delete. Do it all the time and my berry hasn't exploded.

02-23-09 08:32 PM
    12 is above the "risky" level but still waaay to low in my opinion. Start a pretty nice text session tonight and its likely to reboot randomly or delete messages on its own. I run @ 30mb with 13 apps, 5 themes now and simple house cleaning. Ignore the warning its harmless.
    02-23-09 08:33 PM
    Are you holding on to a lot of e-mails? Do you have a bunch of picture stored on the device and not on a memory card? Those will eat a lot of free memory as well.

02-23-09 08:35 PM
    12 is above the "risky" level but still waaay to low in my opinion. Start a pretty nice text session tonight and its likely to reboot randomly or delete messages on its own. I run @ 30mb with 13 apps, 5 themes now and simple house cleaning. Ignore the warning its harmless.
    Wow how do you have 30mb, i just got this phone last week and barely have anything on it. All pics and ringtones are on my SD card.
    02-23-09 08:45 PM
    Just by doing the things I have shown you in this thread (as well as what others have shared) I also removed something from my phone with the link I showed. I had issues with my phone, felt sluggish for me when I was near 20 so I optimized

I get 50 texts and probably 30 emails a day - they get canned or forwarded upon reading them.... Just my OCD kickin in there...
    02-23-09 08:57 PM
    Got my file free up to 18, deleted a couple apps and used Maxmem.
    02-23-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD