Hi,

I can't seem to get answers to questions about problems with my device. If this isn't the right area can someone let me know where is.

I cannot connect to my work wifi with my z10. Every other device at work, including mine, work fine. It's strange, it says it's connected yet I have no Internet access. The wifi is g or n, which should be compatible with the z10

Another problem is BlackBerry Link on my imac. I pull up remote access under BlackBerry Link on my device and my phone is there. Although, it says this device is not compatible because I'm using 10.0. Funny thing is that I'm on official 10.1 for t mobile. The embarrassing thing is that I was showing off the native file manager to a colleague and it wouldn't connect. As an apple fan he said that's why no one buys BlackBerry anymore.

Anyway, both the imac and the z10 have been paired and are connected to the Internet.

Between the battery pulls and reboots to retrieve missing media and this, I'm become less and less of a fan of this device.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Posted from BlackBerry Z10
    07-26-13 04:46 PM
    Never pull the battery on your BB10 device. It is stressful on the OS. Just restart the phone...On to the wifi...you may have to open the browser and if the web page asks, click connect...What media is missing?
    Hi,

I can't seem to get answers to questions about problems with my device. If this isn't the right area can someone let me know where is.

I cannot connect to my work wifi with my z10. Every other device at work, including mine, work fine. It's strange, it says it's connected yet I have no Internet access. The wifi is g or n, which should be compatible with the z10

Another problem is BlackBerry Link on my imac. I pull up remote access under BlackBerry Link on my device and my phone is there. Although, it says this device is not compatible because I'm using 10.0. Funny thing is that I'm on official 10.1 for t mobile. The embarrassing thing is that I was showing off the native file manager to a colleague and it wouldn't connect. As an apple fan he said that's why no one buys BlackBerry anymore.

Anyway, both the imac and the z10 have been paired and are connected to the Internet.

Between the battery pulls and reboots to retrieve missing media and this, I'm become less and less of a fan of this device.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

07-26-13 05:53 PM
    Thanks. Content in music and video folders sometime go missing and require a reboot. Even then, that doesn't always ensure timely return. They eventually show up, but sometimes it takes a while.

The weird this about link is that yesterday it was working. I'm not sure why it thi ks I'm using old os.

The wifi issue is strange. And of course, it o ky happens at work where I spend most of my communication hours. There is no problem with modem security or anything else, it's with the device

07-26-13 06:36 PM
    One more thing. There have been at least two occasions where I've had to pull the battery because the system froze during reboot. Thanks.

07-26-13 06:38 PM
    Lol again.........It never ends the point is made at the end. T......ssssd

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-26-13 06:38 PM
    I'm not sure I understand?

07-26-13 08:00 PM
    Link is definitely flaky, but newer versions might be better (I have an old one b/c of driver issues with the new version). My remote file access usually works, but every so often BlackBerry Tunnel Manager (or whatever it's called) crashes on my PC, severing the connection.

What's concerning is the wifi connection problem...not sure if it could be defective or some missing setting? also, FWIW, I've never had my z10 freeze, so can't help there.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:09 PM
    Oh and missing media.. do you mean black squares instead of picture or music preview or being unable to locate the files at all? Maybe an SD card issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:12 PM
    Black squares. Or a message saying no media on device. Much of my music is on the device, so it can't be an sd card issue. It has happened twice when I use mini hdmi

07-26-13 08:39 PM
    There are some serious problems with this os. I'm not sure it was a good idea to fire all those product testers. Or maybe BlackBerry thinks we'll test products.

07-26-13 08:41 PM
    There are some serious problems with this os. I'm not sure it was a good idea to fire all those product testers. Or maybe BlackBerry thinks we'll test products.

While I'm not disputing that you're having issues, it should be said that not everyone is...I think "serious problems" for the OS as a whole is a bit of an overstatement.

Anyway, have you tried a wipe?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:45 PM
    Thanks for responding. I'll try a wipe. Seriously, I like the os and I'm gunning for BlackBerry, but I'd consider serious the problems I'm experiencing. Others have experienced the same media problems.

I just wish more Crackberry folks would respond to threads like this. But I can understand given the unwarranted negative press BlackBerry gets, true fans want to talk about the novel and positive.

I just want a reasonably functional phone. Not just one with potential. And I do see the potential.

I tell folks that coming from an iPhone to this is like going from a tricycle to a moped, albeit one with problems

Thanks again

07-26-13 09:35 PM
    Well good luck with the wipe, if you decide to go that route. I don't mean to be nit-picky about your use of "major problems" because believe me, if my Z10 was acting up I'd be extremely irritated.

Incidentally, I have had the occasional black square, but only in preview; I could still open the pictures - and it only lasted a minute (open and close pictures app would fix it). It might still be worth checking that the media you have issues with aren't on the SD card (class 10 card seems to work best, anecdotally).

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:49 PM
    Thanks again

anon(5624621) likes this.
    07-26-13 09:52 PM
    Thanks again

You're welcome, though I don't think I've really helped any.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:58 PM
    Black squares. Or a message saying no media on device. Much of my music is on the device, so it can't be an sd card issue. It has happened twice when I use mini hdmi

A faulty or incompatible SD card can cause the problems you are having, even if you're not keeping media on the card. It can also cause devise lockups.

Remove the card, reboot the device and test it again.
    07-29-13 09:00 PM
    As for the remote access, the recent. 4633 leak fixed my trouble. Before I had the. 237 from T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:14 PM