I just returned to my office from the Christmas Holiday and tried to sync my Z10 through Blackberry Link and it has failed once again. I do not know about anyone else but this software is a joke. If Blackberry intends to focus it's future on software that should be a major concern for BB Link is a complete failure. Now I will stop using Link and stick with the Hotmail Connector I installed. Works great...Blackberry...I have been loyal for over 10 years. The time is coming to reconsider moving forward. There are just too many issues.
    01-02-14 10:53 AM
    Hey try enable development mode from settings panel on your BlackBerry before connecting to the computer. It will require a device password but it seems to connect to link every time for me when I do it this way. Just connecting to the computer with out development mode enabled doesn't connect to link either for me.

So just try enabling development mode in settings / security page

Proud owner of bbz30 and bb PlayBook.
    RubberChicken76 and Bfalcon1 like this.
    01-02-14 11:15 AM
    Are you looking for help or are you wanting to rant? If you're looking for help, can you offer specifics about what failed? What phone are you using? Do you have the latest version of Link? Are you trying to sync everything or only certain things?

If you offer information about your problem, you may find others who have the same problem who may have found solutions.

Or not...
    01-02-14 11:15 AM
    My contacts will not sync...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:20 AM
    Thank you...will give it a try
    01-02-14 11:28 AM
    Ok...I spent a few hours with BlackBerry support with no luck. Any ideas how to get Link to sync my contacts? This has been ongoing since I bought my Z10 last April and the only real negative issue with this product.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:57 AM
    Ok...I spent a few hours with BlackBerry support with no luck. Any ideas how to get Link to sync my contacts? This has been ongoing since I bought my Z10 last April and the only real negative issue with this product.

Posted via CB10
    You mention Hotmail Connector. Does that mean all your contacts are in Hotmail (Live)? Or are you using Outlook? I have no experience with Outlook, but I recall seeing a great deal of discussion about this in the Z10 forums. Have you looked there? You might find more subject- and phone- specific information there. If you're using a Hotmail (Live) account, don't your contacts automatically sync with the account itself? I have to admit, my use of Hotmail is more or less my 'fluff' account and I haven't added contacts to it for some time (my primary personal account is now Gmail), but when I initially add the Hotmail account to my phone (like after installing leaks), I do turn on the option to sync contacts.

Good luck!
    01-03-14 10:39 AM
    It also goes by the name Microsoft Outlook Connector...You set up a personal Outlook.com account that can be added to your work computer. It works great. I think Gmail offers the same option.

With a lot of people having Link issues this is a great option. My point is that BlackBerry should not be having issues with Link. It is in my opinion the worst issue with the new phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:57 AM
    I guess the only time I use Link is to back up my phone, especially before I install leaks. I depend on the sync services for Hotmail and Gmail to take care of everything else. My work currently uses FirstClass (dinosaur on its way out, I hope!) but will eventually switch over completely to Google Apps. I use the Google calendar as my primary calendar because it all syncs well with my phone. As long as I can sync my mail, contacts and calendar with my phone within the programs I'm using, Link will continue to be nothing more than a backup for me and a way to get music on to my phone.

Hopefully, BB will continue to work on solving issues with Link and make it the useful tool it should be.
    01-03-14 11:48 AM
    Well I got it to work...I just I exported all my contacts on the desktop to a file and the copied all my outlook.com contacts since they were the same and added them to the desktop and it synced. I don't know why but they did. All is good!

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    01-03-14 05:01 PM
    Link has worked great for me since the latest software update.

I'd suggest un install and install latest version and log in to bbid.

Really has come a long way much more stable and RA actually works every time my machine is online

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:22 PM
    I too am having issues connecting to BB Link. I have a Z30 with the update. The sidebar says connected but the main screen says not connected and keeps searching for the device which is connected by USB.
    01-06-14 03:01 PM
    I too am having issues connecting to BB Link. I have a Z30 with the update. The sidebar says connected but the main screen says not connected and keeps searching for the device which is connected by USB.
    I have the same problem with my Q10. Link just keeps searching for the device...
    01-07-14 08:03 PM