RIM has responded to the story if the company's division as incorrect rumor.
    06-27-12 07:16 PM
    I'll be going with the "N", it sounds like the size will be close to the 9900 which is about perfect for my hands. I've got to have the physical keyboard but not having the track pad is going to be a challenge.
    06-27-12 07:53 PM
    I'm just going to buy both of them eh lol. I'm solo excited, wish it was Oct now eh
    06-27-12 09:22 PM
    Wonder why RIM is going with Oled for the n series and not the l series? Just seems strange when they are talking about the benefits to the battery it has.

Me personally, I will get the L series when it come out and sell it to get the n series when that comes out. I don't want an all touch phone when I have a PlayBook. A 99xx styled BB10 device will compliment my Playbook perfectly
    I was going to wait on the N Series. But, I'll end up getting both as well.
    06-27-12 09:33 PM
    Closer, but still not perfect. People switch for all different reasons, but there are some trends that are somewhat predictable. More apps is better than less apps. Faster hardware is better than slower hardware. Longer battery life is better than shorter battery life.

However, something like smaller screen vs larger screen, keyboard vs no keyboard, etc..., that becomes a grey area. To claim that RIM will go bankrupt because they don't pick one or the other is a ridiculous assertion. What if they decided that all BB10 phones were going to be the size of the Samsung Note? I'm sure there would be some people rejoicing, but also a lot of people disappointed.
    Pardon me but where in the post you quoted did I say anything about RIM going bankrupt?
    In fact, where on this site have I ever even intimated RIM would go bankrupt?

I agree with all your other points but that one lost me.
    06-27-12 09:45 PM
    So is this what L&N stand for?

L Series = London Series
    N Series = Nevada Series
    06-27-12 09:47 PM
    Oh look more boring unimaginative designs from Research In Motion. When are they going to wake-up and embrace innovative design once again? The N-series looks like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and has what will undoubtedly be an equally useless touch screen interface. As for the L-series it is just another slab in a sea of flotsam. We have waited 2 years for this garbage?
    What would you consider more innovative?
    06-27-12 09:51 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a 720 x 720 a square screen ? If this is the true resolution, I think I might be trying the touch screen version.
    06-27-12 11:31 PM
    Has anyone but me noticed the proposed size of these new phones? (52 & 55mm wide screens) Small! I'm sorry but no one wants small phones anymore including myself. Phones are becoming bigger because people want 'bigger' screens. If the new N series is any smaller that my 9900 I certainly won't be buying one. I think that this will be the death of RIM if these specs are true. Anyone else bothered by this?
    I'm not bothered. I have always prefered great things that come in nice compact forms.

Initially, mobile phones were hailed for their small size that allowed for easy...well...mobility. Over time, mobile technology were in pursuit of smaller phones but now the trend appears to be in reverse (which boggles my mind). If anything, I find the increasingly larger mobile phones from Samsung to be going backward in design.

Oh look more boring unimaginative designs from Research In Motion. When are they going to wake-up and embrace innovative design once again? The N-series looks like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and has what will undoubtedly be an equally useless touch screen interface. As for the L-series it is just another slab in a sea of flotsam. We have waited 2 years for this garbage?
    Looking at the mobile market right now in general, there aren't any imaginative new designs out there either. Every Samsung or HTC phone looks almost like every other. And the iPhone design has been that way since its inception.

Although this should give RIM a chance to speed ahead if they come up with a truly innovative design that isn't out there right now.
    06-27-12 11:33 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a 720 x 720 a square screen ? If this is the true resolution, I think I might be trying the touch screen version.
    It doesn't have to be. The pixels don't have to be square.
    06-28-12 01:38 AM
    I guess if you need ONE device to do all things for you, the Galaxy note might kind of do it for you....my GF likes the note....I on the other hand feel that my tablet is for media consumption, and my phone is for communications....RIM's specialty...BRING ON THE L AND N SERIES!!!!
    06-28-12 02:21 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD